Thigh Boots in Public

Thighbootguy

I went shopping last night after work wearing a purple velour turtleneck, a black leather blazer, black suede slacks (zipper in the back) and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This outfit was all about showing off my boots. After putting it all together, I wasn’t quite as pleased with the overall look as I thought I would be but those were the clothes I had with me so I went with them. I suspect something lighter in color on the top would balance with the white boots a little better. The first stop was PetsMart. It has been a few seeks since I have worn 5” heels and many months since I have worn the white boots so the first step out of the car brought back memories of when that first step was fraught with nervousness. The white boots over the black suede is as much contrast as I can generate (and contrast gets attention), so when I saw the white boot extending from the car and hitting the ground, I thought, “Ok, here we go”. In the store, the staff knows me too well to even bat an eye and there were no other customers. The next stop was a self service gas station. No one seemed to notice and if they did they didn’t care. At Sam’s, I took my time and wandered around while I filled my cart. I got a couple of glances. Most of the staff went out of their way to say “Hi” or wave to me. One manager commented that I was back again tonight after being there just last night. I told her I had money tonight and she laughed. The register clerk, who knows me well, commented on how nice I looked tonight and that she really liked my boots. I told her that it was 25 days till spring and I was just getting an early start with the white boots. As I headed out to my car, I noticed that white thigh boots are obvious even in a dark parking lot. The next stop was a Kroger grocery. I walked in and picked up a hand basket rather than a shopping cart, so there was no hiding behind the cart. (Most people can’t/don’t see through a shopping cart.) A manager walked by, did a double take, and almost tripped, but other than that I just got a few glances. Most of the other shoppers just didn’t pay any attention. At the register the clerk was a young white female (cute). When I was paying my bill I pulled out my debit card and she asked me, “Is that your purse?” I said, “Yeah, and there my boots too.” The way the checkout is arranged I’m not sure she had even seen them. She had obviously put some effort into her eye makeup, and I told her that it looked nice and got a nice smile and thanks. Lastly I stopped at the nearby Goodwill. A couple of chins dropped when I walked in. I looked through the shoe rack and wandered around the clothing and electronics but didn’t see anything that really caught my interest. They did have a full length mirror on display so I got a good look at the outfit and decided the black blazer was throwing the balance of the outfit off, plus the fact that an old guy with a gray beard was wearing it. :silly: All in all it was a fun outing. I’ll be wearing my white boots for a little while longer while I take my black pair of pull on boos in for heel tips. I also remembered one of the hazards of driving in white boots is that it is very easy to get black scuff marks from the rubber on the pedals so I have to take extra care in the car. I’ll try a few more combinations with the white and let you know how it goes. Any suggestions are welcome. :unsure:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy Several years ago a woman I know attended a party that I also attended. She was wearing all white leather, skirt, jacket, and high heel boots. She even had on a white hat. I must say it was a hot outfit. I haven't forgotten it in all these years. Give it a try and see if it works for you. Mike

I tried another combination this afternoon. I went to the movies wearing a black leather blazer, a jet black turtleneck sweater, a Coke a Cola red suede above the knee lengthed skirt, white hose, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. Again the outfit was all about wearing boots.

I got to the area of the cinema a little early so rather then sitting in the theater; I walked through a Target store. I did use a shopping cart, which I picked up in the parking lot, and many people really didn’t notice what I was wearing. I walked through the shoe section but only saw stuff up to a 10. I left the cart in the store and walked back to the car and drove on over to the theater.

I walked in from the parking lot and bought my ticket and headed for the auditorium. There were a few people already seated and I chose an isle seat about half way to the screen. The movie, Season of the Witch, was ok but that was about it. As I walked back out of the theater, there was a kid’s party going on in one of the room off the lobby. I try to not hang around kids when I’m dressed because you never know how their parents are going to react so I avoided the area and headed put to my car.

There is a Goodwill a couple miles down the road so I headed there. I wandered through the store and found a high waisted denim jacket that is designed to show off a trim waist line. I’ll have to work on that. I also found a wine red long suede skirt. I went to a fitting room and tried on the skirt which was a bit tight but wearable and gives more incentive for a trimmer waist.

At the register I knew the clerk so I asked her what she thought would go good with my white boots. She said she really didn’t know because she never wore boots because she only wore sneakers, and held up her foot to show off a purple pair. One of the other register operators was not busy and my clerk called her over and said, “What do you think would go good with his boots?”

She took the question seriously and suggested black slack or dark jeans. She also said, “I like the red skirt too, but I like your black boots better.”

I thanked them for their comments and bid them a good day.

Not wanting to go home quite yet, I headed over to my favorite thrift emporium. I changed my black leather blazer and pulled on the short denim jacket then headed into the store. No one batted an eye. I wandered around looking at stuff and passed up a couple pair of leather slacks and another suede skirt. I kept reminding myself that I already had those garments at home.

The more I’m out and about wearing my white boots, the more comfortable I am wearing them. The white boots and bright red skirt do go well together and absolutely yell “I’m wearing high heels boots.” Being 6’5” in those heels doesn’t hurt either.

It was a fun outing.

:silly:

spikesmike - I have been on the lookout for a white leather skirt but haven't found one as yet. Thanks for the idea.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Well, TBG! You'll never know if a particular outfit will work for you until to try it out. I must say you've impressed me yet again with your boldness in your outings. White thigh boots! Wow! Don't know if I'd have the nerve to do something like that! I am impressed. What impressed me all the more was how you garnered so little attention in the outfits you sported, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since I attract no more attention in my own outfits. Bravo to you, my friend.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I went to the movies again this afternoon. I was sporting white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos, jeans, a gray turtleneck and my new short (cropped) denim jacket. The jeans have a high enough waist to meet the bottom of the jacket. I thought the overall look was nice.

The afternoon was a non event. I went to the theater, walked in from the parking lot, bought my ticket, looked at all the movie posters in the lobby, and headed to the theater. I took a seat in the middle to the theater and enjoyed the new Harry Potter movie Pt.1. The movie was a little better than ok but not much. After the show I walked back through the lobby and back to my car.

I drove home wearing my white boots but I normally change out of them when I’m driving because it’s too easy to get black marks all over them.

Another nice outing.

:silly:

JeffB- The “Bravo” is greatly appreciated. Just for grins, I took one of your thigh boot pictures and ran it through Photoshop and changed your black boots to white ones. The picture was of your all black outfit and the white boots didn’t work. I will be instructed by that exercise. All black and white boots are too much contrast. They are better with jeans or a strong color.

JeffB- The “Bravo” is greatly appreciated. Just for grins, I took one of your thigh boot pictures and ran it through Photoshop and changed your black boots to white ones. The picture was of your all black outfit and the white boots didn’t work. I will be instructed by that exercise. All black and white boots are too much contrast. They are better with jeans or a strong color.

Hmm! I agree! The contrast would indeed be too jarring, but hey, you wouldn't have known until you "experimented". As for ideas, well, how about a red top and blue jeans with your white thigh boots, call it a patriotic theme! Heh!

I had some running around to do this morning before work so I took advantage of the opportunity to wear my white thigh boots again. I paired them with jeans, a white long sleeved shirt, and a black leather blazer. The first stop was a Kroger super store to drop off a prescription at the pharmacy. Since the parking lot was almost empty I parked near the front door and clicked my way in. In the store I had to walk a good distance to the pharmacy. Most folks chose to ignore me but there were a few glances. The gal in the pharmacy looked like she was going to panic as I walked up to the counter but she got over it quickly and took my prescription. I told her I'd be back in an hour to pick it up. Walking back to the car got a few more glances but there really weren't too many people around The next stop was the hospital for a blood test in preparation for my cardiologist appointment tomorrow. Like the last time I was there (wearing black thigh boots), I parked a good distance from the entrance and had a nice noisy walk in. The receptionist really looked like she didn't believe her eyes but she directed me to the admitting waiting area. After a minute the admission clerk came out and took me back to her desk where we signed all the forms. She sent me down the hall to the lab's waiting area, which had a bunch of people sitting there. Most glanced and seemed glad I didn't sit by them. The lady I did sit near was reading on a Kendal reader and I asked her how she liked it and we chatted a bit about the device until they called her name. I took my blazer off because I thought the white shirt balanced the white boots a little better then the black blazer did and they were going to draw blood from my arm so it was going to have to come off anyway. When the lab tech called me she looked a little surprised (sort of like when you draw the short straw) but was very professional. As I left and was walking back to the car an older guy was walking towards me. He looked down at my boots and back up with the sourest expression I have ever seen. I think if he had smiled his have would have cracked. The guy walking behind him just bid me a good day. I drove back to Kroger's, being careful not the mark the boots up with the pedals. Again I parked close to the store and walked in. As I walked back to the pharmacy I got a couple of curious glances but that was it. The clerk wasn't anywhere near as panicked as she was earlier and proceeded to get my prescription. I have said before that some folks don't even notice I'm wearing high heeled thigh boots, but I'm often walking behind a shopping cart so there is some excuse. However, it is impossible not to notice a pair of white thigh boots on someone as they walk by. I am still amazed at how people can ignore the world around them. It was a fun outing before work and I'll probably repeat it when I go to the cardiologist tomorrow. :silly:

After spending the morning in my white boots, and having a great time, I decided to stop at Sam’s after work for a few things (milk and eggs). I stopped at the rest area on the expressway and changed my blue jeans for a pair of black suede slacks with the zipper in the back, and pulled on my white thigh boots with 5” stilettos. This black and white was paired with a white long sleeved dress shirt and a black leather blazer. I stopped at a pay at the pump gas station and filled my tank. The place was busy and there were folks at all the pumps around me. No one said a word or gave more than a second glance. Either they didn’t care or they were numb from sticker shock at the price of gas. In Sam’s I really only needed milk and eggs but I took my time and wandered all over the store. I took the blazer off so the white shirt really balanced the boots. As I was wandering, I passed a young lady, upper 20s, black, wearing designer jeans, a tight fitting black leather jacket, and above the knee black leather boots with a 3” heel and a lot of trimming on the boots. She really presented a very nice image. I approached her from the back and when I was beside her I said, “I’m allowed to say, those are very nice boots.” She turned towards me and saw what I was wearing, gave me a big smile and said, “Well thank you, I like yours too.” I gave her a big smile and a thank you and kept on walking. After Sam’s, I stopped in a near by Goodwill. They had all their leather garments at 75% off. The pricing of items is at the manager’s digression and this store normally overprices their leather stuff, but 75% off brought stuff into the $5 range. I found a dark brown suede skirt with an attached wide belt that was way too big for me. At the register the clerk, who has seen me before, said, ”Oh, you found something you like? And at a good price too.” She checked with another clerk to verify that the skirt was on sale and the other clerk said, “I like your white one better then the black ones.” I thanked her for the comment and headed out to my car. When I got the skirt home I ran a seam down each side and took about 5” off the waist but left the hem its full size. I can now wear it as a high waisted skirt that looks great with the short denim jacket I found this past weekend. This has been a fun day in boots. :silly:

Those were two days of great outings, my friend. And I agree that many people either don't notice or just don't say anything when they see you wearing high heels. Although I would think white high heels and especially white thigh boots might gather a little extra attention. Congratulations again on two more fun outings and thank you, as always, for sharing your fun with us.

This morning I visited my cardiologist. I showed up at the office early wearing a black leather blazer, a long sleeved white shirt, jeans, and white leather thigh boots with 5" stilettos. I was the first one in the waiting room and after I checked in, I sat there with my legs crossed (left ankle on my right knee) reading tech manual until they called for me. In the exam room the nurse was commenting on how nice it was to have the sun visible again (it has been rather gloomy the past couple of days) and I commented that Spring was just 20 days away so I got out the white pair. She laughed and left me with a friendly goodbye. The doctor acted like all his patients came in wearing thigh boots with heels, he didn’t bat an eye. He did tell me that on the next visit he wants to give me a stress test and asked if I could walk on a treadmill. I'll wear a different heel for that because I'm afraid the stiletto heel would tear up the treadmill belt. The result of the visit is that I'm doing fine. Before I headed to work, I stopped at the Kroger pharmacy again to pick up a prescription. I parked close to the entrance and headed in. There was a different staff on duty and no one looked panicked this time. I was just another customer. I'll stop at Sam's again tonight so this is turning out to be a full week in boots. :silly:

Kudos to you, THIGHBOOTGUY for being your self and dressing as you please.....I like you, also like to wear thigh high/crotch high boots, however, I live in a small town in the deep south that is populated with inbred hillbilly rednecks........so......I wear my boots in the privacy of my home. A word to the wise on your proposal to wear heels on the treadmill.....DON'T.......I have to see a cardiologist on a regular basis and had to run almost 10 minutes on the treadmill a few months ago......I was winded and beat......It took a few minutes for me to get back to normal.Doc said everything was ok at this time and prescribed another med to regulate and lower my blood pressure......which finally worked with excellent results.........just wanted to pass this on to you. Also dont opt for the chemical heart accelerant unless you just CANNOT do the treadmill as it is a feeling that I have problems dealing with while sitting there,doing nothing, and my heart beating very fast.....good luck to you on your next exam!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I spent four hours Saturday afternoon out and about wearing my white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. I needed to do some shopping and it was a beautiful afternoon with temperatures in the mid 50sF (12C) so I ventured out wearing black leggings, a short denim shirt, a black camisole, a short cropped denim jacket, a black leather purse on a shoulder strap and my white boots. Normally I wear this short of a skirt as a hip hugger but with the leggings, I wore it higher on my waist where it met the bottom of the jacket. My first stop was a WallMart Super center. As I got out of the car, a guy pulled up behind my car and opened his passenger side window and pulled out his camera. I gave him a one fingered salute and in a few seconds he drove on. If that happens again, I’m going to pull out my phone (even though it doesn’t have a camera) and walk around behind his car and feign taking my own picture. Normally this doesn’t bother me but this guy just pissed me off. However, I figure in today’s world if you’re going out as a guy in thigh boots and a short skirt, your going to get your picture taken. In WallMart, I walked all over the store and got a couple of glances, but nothing unexpected. I put my receipt and $20 in my purse and headed back out to my car. I did not zip the purse closed and a strong breeze swept through the parking lot and I saw the receipt go flying away. Then I say the $20 bill going after it. The bill landed on the ground about 50 feet away and I found out I could run in 5” heels and I dashed after it. That must have been an interesting show. I got my bill and walked on to my car. The next stop was a Goodwill where I found a knee length black leather skirt for $4 and a black short sleeved top for $2. I spent some time wandering around then headed for the register. The clerk was a guy who had never seen me before but he took everything in stride like I was any other customer. In the car, I changed the short denim skirt for the new leather one and headed to Sam’s. I had to park a good distance from the store and had a nice walk in. I again wandered all over the store and chatted with a couple of the clerks who knew me. On the way home I stopped at a PetMart for some cat food. This was a different store then I normally use and the clerk had never seen me before but like the guy at the Goodwill, he took it in stride and I was just another customer. At home, carried all my stuff in and put the frozen stuff in the freezer. I traded the leather skirt for the short denim one and headed to my cobbler to get a heel tip replaced on my black boots with 4” stilettos. His shop is in a big strip mall so I got another nice walk in a parking lot. He wasn’t busy and replaced the tip while I waited. A couple other customers came in while I was there and other then the quick glance you would give anyone wearing a short skirt and thigh boots, there was no reaction. My favorite thrift emporium is in the same mall so I stopped in. Most of the other shoppers paid me no mind but I did seem to attract the attention of a couple of Hispanic guys who managed to peer around the end of the isle several times. I found a coffee cup that was a little different and headed to the register. I was funny that those guys also found stuff to look at up by the registers. I headed on out to my car. The last stop was Walgreens and it was as uneventful as the rest of the afternoon. When I got home, I was quite tired. When I go out wearing a skirt and boots, I know I’m doing something that others consider “different” so tend to be on my guard for adverse reactions (even though I have never had one) and that takes a good bit of effort. I think the reason I really enjoy the concerts I go to (other than the great music) is that I don’t have to keep a guard up while I’m there. All in all it was a nice afternoon. :silly:

Bravo on your latest outing, TBG! You have plenty of courage, wearing WHITE thigh boots, I'm not there yet! By the by, be careful who you flip the bird to, my friend. Too many nuts out there waiting for a trigger to set them off. People have been SHOT for giving the one finger salute to unstable loopjobs. Meanwhile, I'm gonna have to check out my local Goodwill and see what I can find there.

Well, TBG! You'll never know if a particular outfit will work for you until to try it out. I must say you've impressed me yet again with your boldness in your outings. White thigh boots! Wow! Don't know if I'd have the nerve to do something like that! I am impressed. What impressed me all the more was how you garnered so little attention in the outfits you sported, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since I attract no more attention in my own outfits. Bravo to you, my friend.

I have to echo JeffB's comments, your outfits sound way bolder than I'd feel able to pull off, and I'm amazed how much acceptance and non-reaction you seem to get going about your normal daily business. I can only guess that's because you've really thought about how you put your outfits together so you feel comfortable and stylish in them and wear them with confidence. That's a really positive attitude.

I like the way you've used the white shirt to make the contrast of the white boots work with the black pants and blazer, and the denim with the grey turtleneck sounds like it coordinates great with the boots too.

If you like it, wear it.

Thighbootguy,

Kudos to you and your outing yesterday. I wish I could read the minds of the people and their non-reactions when they see me wearing high heels. Just judging by those reactions, I can tell that some of them truly don't care and shrug it off as I leave. But I've seen others give the "second glance" and I always wonder what they're thinking, just for curiosity sake. I was in Walgreen just recently wearing my Steve Madden black leather pumps with short platform and 5" stiletto high heels. As a young man (if I had to describe him, I would use the term "mountain man") had just finished paying for his items and he stepped aside to collect his money and items, I stepped up to the resister to pay for my items. As I was reaching for my money, the young man suddenly and what seemed to be sincerely said to me, "Sir, do you have any problems walking in those shoes?" I looked at him and said, "No, I don't." He nodded and left the store. Of course now, every one within distance, was looking at my high heels as I paid and walked out of the store. But there were just looks and no real reactions. I guess the advice to those that are beginning heeling in public is to be calm, open, and honest when confronted like that.

Again, thank you for the post and I can't wait to hear of your next outing.

In case anyone notices - Youtube would no longer let me log in to my account without creating a google account. Not wanting a google account, and not liking being given no choice I took advantage of their offer to close my youtube account. TBG

It's sad that society finds that boy's behaviour acceptable. We should feel lucky not to have such narrow minds. I hope this one bad event doesn't stop you feeling good about who you are. It reminds us we shouldn't be too shy to express our disapproval when we see someone reacting badly to a fellow heeler, or to make a nice comment if we see someone wearing heels to restore some positive balance. I love high-heeled boots too, but I've not been brave enough to wear them to the supermarket... yet.

Have you had some positive comments from people too?

Actually had some positive reactions, some people praise the style of my boots. last week was in the service using a boot country female, 3 "tall, was praised by his colleagues, like going into shops and pick out my boots, wedge several models, and buy with the help of the seller, sometimes arises invitations talk to strangers, I observe that many men admire but does not dare to wear boots with high heels, occasionally take women's boots for the service to my colleagues in the office use, they are ashamed but spend hours at work wearing my boots high heels.

It's too bad that there is a "Friends of Walmart" site and that people take pictures to post of people just to make fun of them. I would avoid heeling at Walmart because of this. I also wish people would be more courteous and ask if it is okay to take a picture, rather than shoot away. But TBG, if you were ever back up in Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA on seminar, I would sincerely ask to take a picture of you out of admiration for your boots. Cheers.

pardon me kittyinboots, but I think that the site is named "people of walmart" (unless the name has changed that is):silly: but all that aside, I've seen it- it does tend to make fun of some types of people but you'd have to go through the site to see if theres any guys in heels type of stuff (I have yet to see any my self mostly grossly over weight persons wearing rediculous fashions or somthing along those lines.) cheers:smile:

pardon me kittyinboots, but I think that the site is named "people of walmart" (unless the name has changed that is):unsure: but all that aside, I've seen it- it does tend to make fun of some types of people but you'd have to go through the site to see if theres any guys in heels type of stuff (I have yet to see any my self mostly grossly over weight persons wearing rediculous fashions or somthing along those lines.) cheers:smile:

Yep, that's the one. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com . Thanks demoniaplatforms for bring it to my attention. I think I will go back to HHP now, cheers :silly:

I went out a couple of times today. First was a quick stop at Sam’s wearing hip hugger jeans, which by definition are tight, a black sleeveless T-shirt, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stiletto heels. The shopping at Sam’s was a non event but I did get a nice boots comment. Next I went to a nearby Goodwill and as I was walking in an older black lady was walking our and commented that she liked my boots. I thanked her and headed into the store. Again this was a non event. I did find a black long knit top with ¾ sleeves that looked like it might be fun. I headed home and put the milk in the frig then decided to try a library as a heeling venue. I pulled on the new black knit top and my black leather pull on thigh boots with 4” stilettos and headed to the library. I parked in the lot and walked in. On the way I passed a young white guy whose head was not in the same place as his body. I don’t know what he was on but he was quite high. He looked at me and commented, “What the f - - -“. I just stared at him and offered him a good afternoon as I walked by. He then commented loudly that he like my boots. Fortunately he was gone when I left the library. In the library I used the on-line catalog and found where the book I wanted was shelved. I had to ask where that particular set of shelves were located and then just had fun wandering through the isles. I was also looking for a DVD but the catalog said it was only available in a different branch. I checked out my book and drove to the other branch where I asked a librarian where the DVD was shelved. She said they were all in the same collection and arranged alphabetically. I walked over to the collection and found my copy of “Kinky Boots” and headed for the circulation desk. The gal that checked out my DVD was a nice (cute) young lady and as she took my card she leaned forward and in a hushed voice said, “I love your boots.” “Then you’re not surprised that I’m checking out this video. I missed it when it was in the theater.” She laughed and said she had watched it. I’m definitely going to the library again, if only to take the book and DVD back. This does look like a nice place to go heeling. It was a fun outing and I got three “nice boots”. :smile:

Sounds like another good outing for you. I also enjoy going to the library wearing high heels. Those that do notice my high heels usually just stare then go about their business. And I too have been confronted by a young person who verbally is boisterous. You did the correct thing, as did I. You look them in the eye and say your greetings. And I usually get a cordial comment about my high heels. Thanks for sharing your outing with us.

TBG! Sounds like an interesting time you had in the library. And getting compliments on your boots surely made your day. I'll have to consider going there myself in the future.

I give you guys a lot of credit for having the courage and confidence to do the heeling that you do. I am not to that point yet - but getting there. Thanks for your great adventures, Bernheels

I was out and about again Sunday wearing a black leather blazer, A black knit top, tight hip hugger jeans, and white thigh boots with 5" stilettos.

The first stop was the library to return to "Kinky Boots" CD. (Unlike JeffB, who, I'm sure was watching hoops, I managed to watch a movie.) I reported a bad track on the disk to the librarian then headed over to the on line catalog and looked up a few books. I headed to the shelves, call numbers in hand, and found that all the books I was interested in were shelved on the bottom shelf. I'm glad I wasn't wearing a skirt since I was browsing the shelf on my hands and knees. No one paid any attention to me. At the checkout, the librarian knew me from childhood. We hadn't seen each other for 50 years but she recognized my name. We chatted a bit but she asked no questions about my footwear.

The next stop was the Museum to meet with the sketching group. The leader had managed to select my favorite gallery for the session. I sat with a group in front of a Monet and we all drew what we saw. I have sketched this painting dozens of times and provided a unique perspective for several of the other. When we were done, one of the ladies said she was from Louisville and then commented, "I think your boots are really neat, I mean there really cool."

I thanked her and chatted with the group leader for a few minutes. Her daughter, who was drawing with us, had just done a tight (lots of detail) sketch and I challenged her to sketch from a different painting that had no details in it at all. I headed off to a different gallery and a little while later the gal came in and told me that was the most difficult sketch she had ever done. I wandered around the museum for a bit longer then headed out.

Last stop was my favorite thrift emporium. I wandered around and found a couple of camisoles. At the checkout a guy who really was mentally handicapped walked by me and pointed to my boots and said, "Your shoes are really different."

I said, "Yep, they are" and he nodded his head and walked on out of the store. (There was someone else with him.) I took it as a "nice boots" comment.

All in all a fun outing but I was really tired when I got home. Going out in white thigh boots with 5" stilettos can be exhausting.

:smile:

Bernheels -

I understand about "getting there" but don't wait until your as old as I am to start. If you do, you will look back and regret all the fun you missed. :D

TBG

The first stop was the library to return to "Kinky Boots" CD. (Unlike JeffB, who, I'm sure was watching hoops, I managed to watch a movie.)

Well, sir, I'll have you know that it's very important that one MUST have priorities to live life by! And my priority on Sunday was watching hoops! So there! :smile:

Otherwise, sounds like you had quite the good time at the museum and thrift emporium. I'll have to try the museum here sometime in the future and see just what happens!

I went out after work this evening wearing a blue/white striped dress shirt, black leather blazer, jeans, and white leather thigh boots with 5” stilettos. The first stop was a pay at the pump gas station where no one paid any attention. Next I stopped at Sam’s and as usual it was a non event. As I was leaving I noticed a guy over at the service desk looking at me with his eyes out on stems. I commented to the clerk at the exit that it was kind of fun seeing people that had never seen me wearing my boots before. He said that he had seen me in many times but I told him that the guy over at the service desk behind me hadn’t. He glanced over that way and started laughing with me. Next was a stop at Walgreens, and Pets Mart. Again a non event. Lastly I stopped at the nearby Goodwill where a middle aged black lady commented, “Ooh those are nice boot. You sure are working them.” I thanked her and bid her a good evening and she said, “You to hun.” (I get called hun a lot.) The only causality of the evening was my right boot. The leather around the side of the toe came unglued from the sole. I think a simple repair job will fix the problem. It was a quick, but fun, outing. :smile:

Thank you again for sharing your fun outing with us. The other day I wore my black leather thighboots over my jeans, for a change, and since I don't wear them like that all that often, the few places I went to shop I got plenty of looks and a few "stop-talking" moments (people stopped talking to each other and stared). I think if, like you and JeffB, I wore them more like that in public people would probably get used to seeing me in them and the stares would subside. But again, I congratulate you on your brief, but fun outing.