PU / patent PU maintenance

Pupstar

Hi, I am only a closet heel wearer, so I tend to buy the cheaper Pleaser type heels for indoor wear when I can get the house to myself. So I don't have any real problems with damage from wear, but from cracking with age as the plasticisers disappear. Is there any maintenance that can be done to prevent the drying out and cracking? Maybe Amour All used for car dashboards? Or silicone? Thanks.

Hi, I am only a closet heel wearer, so I tend to buy the cheaper Pleaser type heels for indoor wear when I can get the house to myself. So I don't have any real problems with damage from wear, but from cracking with age as the plasticisers disappear. Is there any maintenance that can be done to prevent the drying out and cracking? Maybe Amour All used for car dashboards? Or silicone? Thanks.

I would suggest first, keep them in their boxes. Second, use a clear shoe cream to simply shine them up. Thirdly, keep them in a cool place. That should do the trick.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Maybe Amour All used for car dashboards?

I would say that you should NOT use ArmorAll on synthetic leather and similar materials, I have seen a couple of examples of where is has the opposite effect. I believe since it cannot be absorbed by the material directly, it eventually causes it to become more fragile/brittle over time.

• 2 weeks later...

I sell a product made by Woly (white tube, with blue writing) called Lac Patent there aren't any ingredients written on the product but the side says "Special shoe care preparation for patent leathers and synthetic materials. Cleans, Preserves, Polishes and prevents cracking" All the things you are looking for! I only use it for cleaning customers shoes & for that its a superior product, I haven't seen how it "preserves" or "prevents cracking" but in my experience Woly products do exactly what is said on the tin! (anyone from the UK will be saying that in a workman like, standing on a freshly laid decking type of a way! & will know what I mean!)

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.