Walking all day in Oxfords

amy01

Hey everyone! Resonably new here and really getting into heeling! I wore 4 inch point toe oxfords all day today for work, come home and taken them off and all my toes are fully stuck in a point!! It's been about 30 mins and they don't really wanna move! I've never had this with d'orsays, Or point toe pumps, has any one else ever had this or any experience in oxfords all day? Xo Amy

I have a pair of boots that do a similar thing, I love pointed shoes and always buy them in preference to a rounded toe. Iwear my boots all day sometimes and they ar a 5'' heel, they do tend to squash my toes up butI've not had it last 30 minutes after I took them off. Someone saw them whn we wereon a coach the other day and couldn't understand how I could fit my footinto such a sharp pointed end to my boots.

Yeah it really suprises me how I can squeeze my feet into some of the points I do, I always moisturize my feet before putting heels on, as I Never wear hose it makes heels that are 1/2 a size too small easy as to slip on even tho they get pretty sore during the day! I guess my feet have been in them for the last 13 hours, I'm slowly stretching them out now aftr almost an hour!! Are oxfords really that bad??

Yeah see how It goes, remember I have been walking most of the day around town and in and out of the shop etc so not exactly lucky enough to be sitting in a comfy officE chair!! Lol has anyone else had much experience with point toe oxfords and plentynof walking In them? Xo Amz

Hi im sure if your toes are that pointed after you take your oxfords off your shoes must be faily tight?, i have toes like you explaned and mine are like that but all the time,i remember years ago taking my shoes off and seeing my feet/toes triangled shape but after 10 mins they slowly moved but sadly these days they stay pointed all the time, just be carefull you might end up with bunions at the joint of your big toes,dont mean to scare you just advise from some one who is already paying the price from wearing high pointy footwear alot. btw i have 5" stiletto oxfords and there a cool style xx

shaz

Hey Shaz!! Thanks heaps for your reply, yeah most of my heels are a half a a size too small, I'm a size 7.5, but I always feel more sturdier in a 7, so yeah your right, they are fairly tight but it doesn't worry me too bad, like I mentioned I alway moisturize pre putting them on, I'm not sure if I'm too worried about if my toes start to point upwards permanently but I'm really gonna watch how much I wear point toes. Has anyone been in thoese domina 460 heels all day walking? I can imagine they'd be hell as pleasers just don't cut it for all day wear!!! Lol xo Amz

Hi Amy I read that almost all your shoes are smaller than your regular size. Are you in pain wearing these shoes and your feet change the normal shape? I'm asking this because i also have a lot of high heels, with pointy toes which are one size smaller, even i have one pair two size smaller. I get these shoes for different reasons, present, nice model, last pair, etc. Wearing often these heels caused me corns, at the beginning it wasn't so disturbing, i thought that they will dissapear on time, but after some years my corns became bigger and bigger and very painful. Now, i have severe pain on my toes, doesn't matter which pair i wore. My feet still don't have the triangular shape or bunions which is a good thing but i don't know what will be in the future. Anyway, i'm glad to see that i'm not alone in this situation. Have a nice day luiza

• 2 months later...

Hey ester!! Thanks for the reply! No it's not bothering me at all, it's actually the opposite, I'm wearing oxfords more and more as this is what I want to happen, I decided late last year that it's what I want, and permanent hh is what I'm working towards, it's coming on really really well and the oxfords seem to be helping the shape of my feet, I'm also using arch risers which are the small plastic supports the go under my arches give me a huge arch meaning I can wear higher heels with higher arches which is what I want, oxfords I'm finding are a little harder to wear permanently but what I normally do is for example, I'll change from my sleeping heels into my oxfords after a shower in the morning, walk to work, try and do as much walking as I can during the day, walk home, as soon as I get home I shower again to wash my feet and the same shoes go back on untill the morning when I shower again, i'm really seeing dramatic change in my feet more and more, it now hurts really badly to flatten my foot, when I take my feet out of my oxfords they won't straghten out without massaging them for 10 mins or so, so I don't do that, I just have a shower, give them a quick wash being carefully not to loose the shape, then moisturize them, then it's straight back into the oxfords! I'm really happy with my decision and so glad no one talked me out if it! I love my new permanent high heel feet!

Hi Amy, thank you for keeping us up to date with your oxfords shoe wearing project. It seems to turn into a foot/toe shaping project, I guess? Which age have you started wearing pointed heels? I ask because there was (hopefully is?) a lady in our forum, Amina from Lebanon, she started wearing pointed 4 inch heels at age 12 on a daily basis and her feet grew "perfectly" into the shape of her pumps, but leaving two toes overlapping the others on top. The last she wrote to me, was that this caused problems (She broke one when she tried to jump into her pumps bare feet to fast.) and that it was planned to remove the overlapping toes. Do you overlap toes, when wearing your pointy oxfords? How should your feet/toes look like, when they have the desired shape? Any pain? (I know, no pain no gain...) Btw: Have your shoesize changed to a smaller one? (That happend to Amina.) Love Susi PS: You can also answer private, I regulary check my account.

• 6 months later...

I see this thread hasn't been active since January, but looked pretty interesting whilst it was busy. I wonder, has there been any progress on Amy's foot shaping and heel training project? It certanly seemed to be going fairly rapidly. I'm intrigued, because my feet tend towards a high heel foot shape nowadays - a bit like my Barbie dolls when I was a child, but bigger - but it has taken twenty years or so for them to get that way. So, any news? Alexa