High Heeled Girl Training Diary #2

Laurieheels

I know this is a day late, but it could not be avoided. My trainer and I talked a great deal and the night slipped away. Week two of my days in heels started with a busy Monday. A day in four inch Oxfords was acompanied by an early start at work, and so I drove. So I didn't walk, you say? Oh I did walk. Such a surprise, everyone in the company was attending meetings. My day was Monday (a few hours of notice is wonderful), and I needed to drive out to one of our warehouse locations for the session. This required a walk in four inch heels over ice and snow from the parking lot to the north end offices, and then from the offices over more patches of ice and uneven pavement to the warehouse entrance. Such a busy day with a lot of walking. I am quite pleased that I managed it all! My feet were a little bit tired from trying to keep up to everyone on the bumpy pavement. I felt fine, otherwise. Tuesday was a regular day, walking to work in my ankle boots and switching. At the end of the day, a decision that may have been too soon. I decided to walk home in my four inch heels instead of changing back to the three inchers. This led to very tired feet, and an experiment that was far too soon. I realize now that I do not need to push myself, I'm not yet 30, and I have many years of high heels before me. My trainer had some wonderful advice. He thinks that if I am to try walking outside in my oxfords, that I should walk to work, not home from work. The reasoning behind this is that my feet are not tired from a long day, and I would have more energy and endurance for the exercise in the morning. I can bring a change of shoes or boots, and by the end of the day, I can go to a lower heel for the walk home. This allows me to rest my feet at the end of the day with a heel I am used to for everything. I do not push myself too much during a day, or for too long. Wednesday was a regular day, the same as any from the previous week. Thursday is more interesting. In an effort to help employees with our jobs, the company arranges what we call Ride Alongs. One on one days where an employee goes into the field with an installer for our internet services. Of course, I did wear the four inch heeled Oxfords for this. I managed quite well, even in the ice covered alleys that the warm sun does not find. Patches of ice and snow that lay unmelted between houses posed no problem for me, yet men in flat manly shoes seemed to have trouble. I did not need any effort to stay on my feet, they did. I was asked how I could wear such shoes, and of course, I replied "practice". It was a nice feeling to show that a woman can wear heels in strange conditions and still be graceful. Friday was a shopping day, and maybe four inch heels were a bit much for all of that walking. The sad part lay in the lack of shoes for sale that meet my standards. Everything is ugly right now. I did see one pair of designer shoes, but they were priced out of my range by quite a bit. Four inch spike heel, classic design, they would have been perfect. Saturday saw another day in four inch heels. By Saturday night I realized that I could use a break, so my venturing out on Sunday for groceries and similar items were met with my three inch ankle boots. Everyone needs a day of rest, even the high heeled girl in training! It was a week of good progress, with some over exertion, I admit. I will try Wednesday as a day to wear four inch heels to work, and I will have a change of lower heeled shoes with me, to prevent the stress of tired feet pushed too far for their time. I may not be able to purchase new shoes for a few more weeks, but if I do, it will be posted in a seperate report. Until then, I'll wiggle my hips and strut around in my Oxfords, and dazzle everyone with my growing mastry of four inch heels.