torn eyelts

I've bought a relatively cheap pair of balletheels that have some problems with the eyelets. One has already popped out and the others are slowly making their way trough the boot. I'm wondering what's the best way to repair these. Was thinking of removing all the eyelets and then glue in a piece of leather on the inside. Punch new holes and put in new eyelets. Or would someone have better advice? And yes a better made pair of balletheels is already on my shopping list.

You seem to already have a repair solution. That's what I would do.

In addition to gluing the strip of leather to the back, I'd also sew it because the laces are bound to place a lot of stress upon the newly glued leather -- to the point it might come loose if it was just glued.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

my advice would be to remove the eyelets completely and put laces into the holes the *classical* way. it might mean you need longer for putting the balletboots on, but I guess - if it is a *cheaper* balletboot- you have a zipper anyway, for the case it has to go on faster.

If I'd do that they'll completely tear and be completely worthless. Prefer to lace them anyway and not use the zipper. Seems hard to find a well made pair. Wouldn't mind spending more for quality. Too bad so few companies make them :wave:

The leather re-inforcement sounds like the best way. I have several pairs of Ballet boots - ankle to thigh high, and they all have a strip of leather reinforcement sewn into the insides, through which the eyelets are punched.

A few pairs also have zippers - but they weren't cheap!:wave:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...