Picky when it comes to shoes?

Leigh

Some user in here have said i sound to be rather picky when it comes to the styles i select. And they are rigth cause i dont have any intetion of following fashion or what others tell me to wear. In fact i wear what i choose to. So i thougth this would be an interesting topic. When it comes to shoes i dont want my boots to be filled with buckles - straps - shiny things and so on. I like my shoes plain and classic. If a pair of boots has more than the leather and the zipper on it then its not a pair of mine and the same goes for pumps. I dont like shoes styles like sandals - peep toes - wedges either. They are just not my cup of tea. Also i know many in here dont like shoes with a pointed toe where its for me the pointier the better. Let us know how you feel about this. Love Leigh

Leigh, that's a good question. I don't follow fashion trends or what the latest 'super star' is wearing either. Personally I couldn't care less. I don't have a very big shoe budget so I usually choose shoes I can wear with several of my outfits. I do like peep toes, d'Orsays and wedged heeled sandals with adornements. I just bought a pair of dark silver d'Orsays with big rhinestones on the vamp and I absolutely love them. So I guess I'm not super fussy or picky when it comes to shoes. They just have to be reasonably comfortable and of fairly good quality. I have owned and worn some of my shoes for over twenty years.

I agree ,I dont like buckles,zippers,or most orniments on my heels. Plain black or brown boots are just fine. I like to wear slides alot and the biggest problem is all the stuff they want to put on them like puffs or shiny things on the toes.Just like simple leather or suede heels.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like pointy toes. I like thicker heels for walking, but I own "special" stillettos too. I actually like the brighter colors /ornaments / rhinestones. My main pair of shoes I prefer in is black ( simply for ease of being able to change outfit but not shoes ).

• 9 months later...

I find myself echoing Leigh’s sentiments here. I find with many high street styles the manufacturers have spoiled the visual appeal of a perfectly good shoe with diamante details, Swarovski crystals, buckles and bows which mean that it’s hard for me to find them attractive. Generally, I tend to like things that are plain and black, so you can appreciate the aesthetics of the heel and the line of the foot. Consequently, I find myself doing a lot of my shoe shopping online. There are a few decorated styles I like, but these are very rare.

Alexa