High Heels to Wedges

Have you guys ever converted a high heel to a wedge? I have a pair of wedges that I just LOVE! I can wear them the entire day and only feel a little discomfort at the end of the day in my ankles. Whereas with heels I can wear them for about an hour and they are killing my whole foot. Not only that but I can't really walk in them. I have two pairs of high heels that I bought from Torrid.com. They are very cute. One of them is a light blue peep toe and the other is a black cut out heel. They both have very thick cone heels. So I thought about filling in that gap between the heel and the base where the toes rest. I have never done any kind of modification to shoes like this. So I was wondering what do you guys think? I know with wedges they are more comfortable because the weight and gravity is going across your whole foot rather than just two parts of it. So what do you guys suggest? :) And have you guys ever done something like this before?

I'm no expert, but I think outside resole-ing, sometimes replacing a heel, few modern shoes really allow much in the way of alterations. I have a pair of block heel ankle boots I wanted to replace the heel on (solid/stacked rubber for noise, and slightly higher). Took them to a local cobbler, who said, "you can't get replacement heels anymore to try to put on a different set".

If you found a place that actually made custom shoes (there are references to some in other posts on this board), they might be able to do it. The reality thouigh is that you'll probably need to keep looking for a new pair of shoes that's closer (if not exactly) what you want.

Yes, it is easy to do. It is best to take the heel off and replace the whole lot with a wedge.

I hate asking stupid questions but is there a tutorial on it? I have searched and searched google and it seems like I am the only one that wants to do this but yet you seem to know about it. <3

i have modified heels and if you cant replace the entire heel then... fill the gap with a piece of hard rubber cut to the correct shape and use 'shoe goo' to glue it in place and seal any gaps, you can then buy a new sole cut to size, to finish the outer of the heel depends on the desired colour and material, i.e shoe goo is patent-looking, so it depends on the heel material.. so..more details needed , hope this helped , probably not , anyway... good luck

• 1 month later...

Have you guys ever converted a high heel to a wedge? I have a pair of wedges that I just LOVE! I can wear them the entire day and only feel a little discomfort at the end of the day in my ankles. Whereas with heels I can wear them for about an hour and they are killing my whole foot. Not only that but I can't really walk in them.

I have two pairs of high heels that I bought from Torrid.com. They are very cute. One of them is a light blue peep toe and the other is a black cut out heel. They both have very thick cone heels. So I thought about filling in that gap between the heel and the base where the toes rest.

I have never done any kind of modification to shoes like this. So I was wondering what do you guys think? I know with wedges they are more comfortable because the weight and gravity is going across your whole foot rather than just two parts of it.

So what do you guys suggest? :wave: And have you guys ever done something like this before?

Hi there. I do work a lot with glass fibre and resin. If you make a mould of the heel that you want in plastic and pour the resin mix in it will be the exact form that you want and the best of it is you can color it as well. Hope it will help. If you were here in SA I could have helped you.