Getting rid of smoke smell

First give them a good clean and polish. Possibly use saddle soap or other leather cleaner on them though some fine leathers might not look quite so good after this. For the insides try bicarbonate of soda. It's sold for deodourising things and I've used it with success on stale smells in cushions and suchlike.

If you have access to an ozone generator/air purifier, that can eliminate the odor within minutes. I used to have Ecoquest/Alpine air machine and would use it to eliminate smoke odor from my shirts.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

After a dedicated assault they're much better! I gave the outside a good clean and in the absence of any bicarb opted for blasting the inside with Febreeze. I then left them unzipped on the washing line overnight where they'd catch the wind. The smell is now almost entirely gone, even sticking my nose as far inside as I can and having a good sniff (which felt a bit weird!) it's barely discernable. They're certainly now fresh enough to wear. Thanks for the help, even though they were only £6.50 the smell did rather spoil them. :)