Insoles

Can anyone recommend a good replacement product or how to repair the front insole footbed section. On a pair of my boots this insole area has collapsed into the sole beneath. I believe many of the common over the counter foam/cork types would just follow down into the same pit. Any advise please Thanks Al

between the innersole you are describing & the outer sole unit, is a piece called the middling, this sandwiches the upper to the sole & stops it coming unbonded. for this to have collapsed it would indicate that you probably have a "unit" type sole this will be made of material that has been poured into a mould & this mould will have voids, to allow for flexability, reduced weight & Cost reduction! What has happened is with wear & most likely moister the middling has collapsed into these voids. Any after market insole will only be effective for a short period of time & if not fixed correctly, in time you will have the upper separating from the sole. the only permanent repair is to have the middling replaced. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement product or how to repair the front insole footbed section.

On a pair of my boots this insole area has collapsed into the sole beneath.

I believe many of the common over the counter foam/cork types would just follow down into the same pit.

Any advise please

Thanks

Al

Make a set of lamps out of this pair and go buy a new pair. That way you can look at them while wearing the new pair. :) :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Lee At the moment it has only dropped a few mm, 2 maybe 3 but enough to feel especially with any movement. It may be these layers have compressed but then there was no "padding" in the foot bed to compress. I may check them out with a pro for a second/visual opinion As for the uppers a nice soft leather, (sorry Bubba they aint gonna be ornaments), they did cost me £20 instead of £98 in the river island sale 2 years ago but "were" good comfy boots even after 4 or is it 5 heel tip changes. There's still many miles left to go................................. Al

• 2 weeks later...

I've used some very runny silicon sealant just to build up the missing height. this has worked quite well. the type used is both soft so acts similar to the soft silicon foot pads yet is firm enough to "sand off" any blemishes or stray loose foam flakes from the top/finish insoles. Its tightened the rear of the toe box area and has stopped the excessive movement causing that "burning" feel. I feel this has worked well and I'm satisfied with the result. Although it may not be the True and Proper repair -total replace. there is room to revist or go the whole hog at a later date if need be. Al