High Heel Shoes and Animal Skin Rugs

nestea

Hi All, Just wondering, what are your thoughts on shoes on animal fur rugs? I enjoy seeing high heeled shoes, knee high boots, and yes, even UGG boots being worn while walking or stepping on rugs that were once alive, such as a sheepskin rug, zebra rug, cowhide, alpaca rug, or reindeer rug. I also think that fur rugs (especially sheepskins) are good alternatives to wearing shoes in bed as the latter case, high heels could puncture a bed while boots (and Uggs especially) will make a bed dirty.

I have never given this any thought. Of course, skins were once common items in most households. Then fabrics became the usual materials for such purposes. A good thing too, because animals would have become extinct because of the demand for hides.

Whether to cover something or not, I just like the look of high heels and Ugg boots stepping on an animal skin rug. When I have friends coming over, and if the girls are wearing high heels or Ugg boots, I'd cover as much of my place as possible with fur rugs: a zebra skin at the entrance (which is normally there and the very first thing they'd step on as soon as they enter), a cowhide on the living room floor (also in its normal spot), an alpaca rug by the fake fireplace (normally in my room), and for the rest of the space in between, reindeer rugs and sheepskin rugs. I have a small place so it take just a few animal skin rugs to cover most of the floor.