10 miles of sheer hell

Well its only a week to go before i attempt to walk 10 miles in a pair of 6'' heels. pleaser delight 609ln's to be precise. i will be raising money for cancer research. i know for sure that i will get plenty of strange looks but the locals in my part of the world are quiet understanding and appreciate when someone does something worthwile. i will be wearing pink including the heels. the heels have been made better to be capable of completing the 10 miles without wearing out but the question is ''AM I''? the heels are comfortable and i feel confident I will of course let everyone know how i got on. if i complete the walk i will be going for the big one. a 26 mile marathon. for that walk i will most likely choose a shoe from the pleaser divine, romance or dolly ranges. now you know why im called krazy kev:smile::):smile::):smile::rose::smile::D

Not to be contrary, for your intent to wear high heels to help raise funds for curing cancer is very commendable, but I have an issue with you for saying your heels are 6"ers. The height of the heels may be close to 6", but what is the thickness of the platforms? The rise is closer to the equivalent of 4 to 4.5", which is a lot more bearable to walk in then the slope of true 6" heels without platforms, which indeed would be hell on heels after the first block, if you even made it that far. That kind of height wasn't ever meant for walking over a hundred feet and certainly not a distance of 10 miles. Even though the elevated 4" to 4.5" heels are more practical, they are still a bit high. Be careful! The fatigue of such a distance to your joints and ligaments may cause your ankles to buckle, especially if you step on something that tilts your feet exceesively to the side. I'm rooting for ya and may you have the best of your wishes.

Well, if I have got my dates right, you do the big 10M day after tomorrow (Sat 21st) Good luck, let us know how it goes. we are all shouting for you

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Well, if I have got my dates right, you do the big 10M day after tomorrow (Sat 21st)

Good luck, let us know how it goes. we are all shouting for you

there has been a development today. have a look at my new post titled AMAZING NEW PRODUCT. this could be my secret weapon and the product every high heel wearer has been dreaming of:smile:

BAD NEWS. I have to tell you all that I did not complete my 10 mile high heel walk. The reason is because there has been very poor weather all weekend with high winds and torrential rain. As the walk is taking place along the sea front you can imagine how horrendous the weather would be. GOOD NEWS. I am going to attemt it on Saturday 28 August presuming the weather is suitable. The walk takes place at Swansea in South Wales. UK and I will be walking on the seafront cycle path from Mumbles pier to Civic hall and back to the pier which is a total of 10 miles. I have uploaded an aerial view of the bay showing the route. Mumbles pier is at the point labled ''from here''

post-17818-133522922542_thumb.jpg

Let us know how it turns out! I don't think I'd be one to try that.

Its not as bad or as hard as you may think. if you look at my avatar you will see me in a pair of 7.5'' platforms. these were the first pair of heels that i wore and i walked 5 miles in them for charity on the same route as the 10 mile walk but only one way. i think i done well for my first time in heels. it only took 3.5 hours to complete the 5 miles. it was also done for charity. i got the idea of heeling for charity from the ''WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES'' charity in the USA. i wanted to do something a bit different from the norm hence the high heels. it is also good fun and a good way to raise money for good causes. maybe all members of HHP forum should have a go for charity