Open toe boots

Sabrina17

Hi Girls, Do you like open toe boots, or thigh high open toe boots, like in the file attached ? I love them, but it is not so easy to wear them in public. But I feel really sexy when I wear them. Kiss Sabrina

post-26028-133522921637_thumb.jpg

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !

I'm sorry to say that I don't like the trend with open toe boots at all and I hope the trend will settle soon. Just imagine how much nicer the boots would have looked if the toes didn't show. I've seen terrible examples of open toe boots although I dislike them yours were of the better kind Sabrina :)

Hi Nienna. I can understand your point of view. I love boots and I agree with you that standard boots, with high heels can be stunning ! But for some reason, especially in summer I like wearing open toe boots.:) ! Kiss Sab

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !

Sabrina, I don't think I like open toe boots but those aren't traditional in the back either. They look like a lot of fun and I imagine you will get a lot of looks. Hold your head high and wear them with grace and confidence. Let us know how it goes. Peggy

Sabrina,

You're a guy. The boots have holes in them. Boots with holes are no use.

Since when has practicality been a significant influence in fashion?! In fact many of the clothes we wear serve little practical purpose and are merely for decoration, or enhancement.

Amanda, don't you think making an allegation about someone's sex is unreasonable? On the internet anyone can claim anything, we just have to be trusting, and look out for any indications to the contrary. Of course it's a different matter altogether if you know somebody personally.

As for the open boots, well, they don't appeal to me, but then neither do platform soles, denim jeans, body piercings and so on. One just has to accept the glorious variety in people's preferences!

Hi Girls,

Do you like open toe boots, or thigh high open toe boots, like in the file attached ?

I love them, but it is not so easy to wear them in public. But I feel really sexy when I wear them.

Kiss

Sabrina

I think they look great:)

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At first I thought that open-toe boots were silly, but after thinking about them, I might break down a get a pair. Fortunately I am in a warm climate and can wear it all year round and show my toes.

• 5 months later...

In the first few weeks of this summer I‘ve been wandering round in the spirit of the flaneur watching people, and have seen quite a few young women wearing open toe boots. I still don’t fancy buying any myself – there are far too many other styles I want first – but I do like to see a flash of brightly coloured nail varnish peeping out. It makes me think that there’s a young woman there who enjoys painting her toenails nearly as much as I do.

Alexa

• 3 weeks later...

Like some other posters, I used to think that open toed boots were silly, but something has changed. Now I think they are adorable. I three pair. Two are platform ankle boots (one wedge and the other with a heel) and one pair of knee highs with open toes. I wear boots 12 months a year, so the open-toed style allows me to mix things up in the spring/summer.

The interesting thing about open toe boots is that you can wear a black pair with black pantyhose and/or socks inside and no one can tell that it is a pair of open toe boots. They think it is a regular pair yet your feet still get to feel cooler while looking good in a pair of boots :irked:

I suppose so, but then there doesn't seem to be much point to them unless you're actually showing off your toes! I'm not finding them as silly as I did when they first came out, and even quite enjoy seeing tem on other people, but I'm stil not tempted to buy any. Not for me thank you! Alexa

Something strange is happening to me. I know I don’t like peep toe boots, and I know I don’t want to get any. But yesterday I was walking through the town centre and saw a very elegant, statuesque young woman in leggings and peep toe boots who looked great. When I got back in to work I started browsing the web for something similar. I came up with these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steve-Madden-Women-Korset-Bootie/dp/B0031U0K1U/ref=sr_1_92?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1312377710&sr=1-92

and started fantasising about sliding my feet into them and doing the laces up. Now that’s something I normally only do with things I want to buy. Something’s wrong! Maybe I’ll have to give in and buy some after all. . . .

Alexa

Well, I finally gave in and bought them. August’s salary was in the bank and the temptation was just too great. They arrived on Monday and I did my usual little ritual of washing and pampering my feet and put them on. The insides feel really smooth and I can feel the padding in the insole. The angle of my foot is a little steep, but still comfortable. It feels so weird having an open toe box. I can see my toes wiggling and it catches my eye. I wore them round to see my boyfriend and he certainly showed his appreciation, being a bit of a shoe fetishist himself, but not as much of a one as me. I like the way they look with several of my long skirts, so I‘ll probably be wearing them regularly this autumn. So there you go – something I never thought I’d wear!

Alexa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...