Report On High Heel Hiking Boots Video

Womer_uk

Good idea, conceptually, but the heel would look much nicer if it was a matching color and had at least some subtle curvature to it. It kind of looks like they bolted on a block of wood. I usually like wedges, but those don't look graceful and don't really match the rest of the shoe.

If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

The first (worn by hostess) and the third (black-lace-to-the-toe) pairs look like high heeled boots styled to look like the orthopedic boots that were used in the 1950's for attaching polio braces. The third pair would be an exact copy if it had the tongue closing the toe and continuing up the instep under the laces. Interesting designs to see if they take off. I doubt they would do well for rugged hiking trails but they look like fun shoes to wear.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the boots in the video do not appear to be any different in style to the summers Bootie series in most places this year. The talk of hiking heels seems to be talk. The Tory Burch boots look really nice durable, the other ones from Zappos indeed look like the boots which J-Lo wore a few years back as pointed out by Bubba. I tried to fine those ones but they disappeared before I found them. I would go for the Tory Burch boots for hiking in, just seem to be closer to the intended wording "High Heeled Hiking Boots" Some time ago another ad ran with a pair of "High Heeled Climbing Shoes" which seemed to be rather fun, but only a photo shopped version..... The mind wanders.... Mtnsofheels

It may seem like an oxymoron to have high heeled hiking boots, but with peep toes too? When I think of the original purpose boots were made to serve, I can't help but peer with disaproval for these type of monstrosities. Well! It's my opinion! (with tongue spitting action accompaniment)

I agree these shoes were not the refinement of certain feminine shoes , they can look very uggly , I give you grants , but it makes, me say that they just finally invented the first heel shoe for man. Under a pair of jeans if you hide correctly the heel nobody will notice , then people will get used to , will be more understanding and tolerant and accept the idea of man in heels , and at the end no need to hide them anymore . That may be the beginning of the victory , in a kind of way these shoes can defend our cause . For that i accept them in my closet .

• 3 weeks later...

Today in Zappos newsletter someone was asking about high heel hiking boots. She said that flat shoes hurt her feet/legs and did anyone know of high heels for hiking? The answers were pretty much along the lines of "You will kill yourself!" by falling, etc. All recommended that she start wearing lower heels to stretch her tendons, etc.