squashed slingbacks of my wife

This is the first of hopefully many true stories; In Introductions I explained a few things, please read them first. About 30 years ago my wife already wore high heeled stiletto's, later on she switched to lower heels, but especially in summer I got her to wear my favorite slingbacks. Always with bare feet, no tights or pantyhose, I don't like that in the summer. These days my wife also wears kork-wedges, al sorts of mules and (top quality leather) thongs, almost all with a 6/7 cm medium high more comfortable, wider, heel. However, together with the above mentioned shoes (approx. 25 pairs), she has of total of 15 pars of leather slingbacks, in all colours, all top quality expensive italian shoes. All these slingbacks are well run-in, to a level at which she could walk a marathon in them; some are 20 years old now. All the slingbacks had my special treatment; I usually very carefull rig the straps in such a way that they never stay up. My wife has quickly learned that slingbacks can be used as mules just as easily, and the slapping sound they make has never been a problem for her. She would step into her slingbacks in the morning without fuss (like akward bending over or standing on one leg to adjust straps) and just goes on with her business. In the evening these shoes are then "parked" under the table, and if you look at her shoes then it's obvious she never ever uses the straps. Her business ofcourse being: work, getting groceries, walking the dog, visit friends, the mall etc., Driving a car as well as riding her bike. I admit I do push her a bit in wearing the older, much used slingbacks, the ones that also create the best slapping sounds. And because of the somewhat lower, wider heels she usually preferers her comfy old (sexy) slingbacks, and I get want I want. Also, in Europe, there is no pressure on women wearing open shoes with straps that won't stay up with bare feet, It is not considered slatty or cheap, as in the USA; Even the slapping sound is not a problem in Europe. Although there are some women who find it sloppy; you should take better care of your shoes!. I will try to post some photographs later. Due to my "adapting" the straps, nearly all straps are now squashed and completely flattened, some stick to the innersole due to her occasional sweaty feet. All leather innersoles are stained through years of use, toe-prints are visible, and some smell a little bit. Some straps are forced to the outer side of the shoe, creating a much more careless look. Unfortunately no other women in our family, or any of her friends, understand her choice of shoes, only one ladyfriend likes slingbacks and has her size, but she need the straps up. Which is nonsense ofcourse; Once I had her try on a pair of mules, and that was okay by her. It's al in ones mind!

• 1 year later...