The 2010 World Heel Meet.

LovesHiHeels

I had a great time at this heel meet in Bristol. Got into Bristol on Friday night and went to the Pre heel meet meal at River City Bar. Which is close to where the heel meet was going to be the following day. I wore my 5" T-Straps. About 10 of us turned up for the meal. It was a very busy bar with a group of men watching the England game but none took any notice of us wearing heels. Had a good long chat with other members of this group and we didnt leave to about 1.30 am The heel meet itself was in a private house over looking the marina. I came to the heel meet wearing heels and skirt. Since it was just a 20 yard walk form the private carpark to the venue. I must of worn about 5 differant pairs of heels during the heel meet. These heel meets are always a good chance to try on other heels, talk and meet other heel wearers. I left about 5pm to go home while the others went on a boat trip. Had I not had plans for later today I would of stayed Saturday night as well. Must of been the best heel meet I,ve been on so far. It is always nice to be able to wear your heels and relax, knowing that you are not going to get caught wearing heels. Sometimes when I,m at home I have to be on my guard all the time when wearing heels incase family members come home early. I know that there are members on here that are a bit shy about coming out wearing heals but do want to come to these heels meets but don,t. I,m a very shy guy, but wearing heels is a very big passion of mine. For me to get the most out of this I make the effort to drive 100 odd miles to these heel meets. Since I,ve been doing these heels meets I am getting more out of this passion and making new friends all the time. What I aim saying come to these heel meets. You have nothing to worry about. I would like to thank Davina for hosting us at his place. and Dr Shoe for sorting all this out.

First off, huge thanks to Davina for extending her hospitality even to those of us previously unbeknown to her. I came by bus, and was a little disappointed not to find many "local" members had put in an appearence. This did not distract from us all having an excellent meet, my having posed for an avatar picture, soon to be seen. A few faces I had met before, but it's always nice to meet those whose threads we read. Thanks to the lift from Lovehiheels, I had an hours shopping in Broadmead before my bus home to Wales. Having skipped across two traffic lanes to reach the pavement, wearing my sandals, I entered the shopping centre passing 3 pavement cafe's and touring a large fashion outlet before finding Newlook and the shoe department. I tried on 3 differing pairs, walking to the mirrors to view same. One lady gave me a disapproving look, and two guys with thier girls looked amused, but one of these told his girl, and didn't seem to like her answer. Outside in the main concourse, two lads with short haircuts had a laugh probably at my expense, but a lady sat on a bench was happy to point out the best route to the bus station, and said I might be hardpressed to make my bus in those heels. I gave in to her local knowledge, and changed into something lower. I should think upwards of 200 people saw me in that hour, and 99% had a good to favourable view. Want to wear your heels out?, do it! Roll on the next meet.

totter along into history

I'd say it was by far the best heelmeet so far and it was great to see such a fantastic turnout, we even had a record 10 guests at River City and over 40 at the post Heelmeet boat trip and bbq. Our gracious hostess made us all feel very welcome, and at times there was barely room to move! Davina laid on a fabulous spread and topped the whole thing off with a sublime bbq on her huge party balcony. Same place, same time next year!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd say it was by far the best heelmeet so far and it was great to see such a fantastic turnout, we even had a record 10 guests at River City and over 40 at the post Heelmeet boat trip and bbq. Our gracious hostess made us all feel very welcome, and at times there was barely room to move! Davina laid on a fabulous spread and topped the whole thing off with a sublime bbq on her huge party balcony. Same place, same time next year!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, I agree with those above, it was the best Heel-Meet ever! That was said about the one I hosted in Bristol a few years ago, but I'm the first to admit that this outstripped everything that had gone before: The pre-Heelmeet meal on Friday night was fantastic - friendly restaurant, very reasonable prices, lovely food, and a great gathering of 10, almost all wearing stunning heels (although never compulsory!). Halfway though the dinner, we received a transAtlantic call from Crotchinboots to wish us all a happy 2010 World Heel-meet, which was a very nice thought. Yesterday (Saturday) was the main Heelmeet in Davina's wonderfully spacious upstairs lounge in the Marina, with a huge picture window forming the whole of one wall with breathtaking views of Bristol Harbour with all the boats, and the ever-changing scene. It was the perfect Heel-meet venue, with plenty of sofas and chairs on which to relax in heels and admire and chat about each other's great shoes, include some photography (I think you'll soon be seeing some new avatars!). Davina's Marina staff brought up a superb and varied buffet - by far the best and most tasty we've had at any heelmeet. In mid-afternoon, Davina organised an excellent boat trip around the harbour and Bristol waterways as far as Warmley and back, some of Davina's friends in excellent shoes and outfits joined the group, and a total of 42 thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the boat cruise. The evening was devoted to a barbecue for everyone on the balcony with stunning evening views of the water, the yachts and the motorboats. This morning (Sunday), some of us paid a fascinating visit to the SS Great Britain, the World's first iron-hulled ship built in 1845. It is permanently berthed right next to the Marina heel-meet venue, and has been voted Britain's best tourist attraction. Some members' stilettos sank down into holes in deck grilles and gratings, but fortunately I had changed from 4.5" stilettos into 3.5" blades heels which survived these hazards without scuffs. Dr. Shoe had done a superb job in choosing and lining-up the venue, Davina was the perfect and most generous a friendly host, and everyone without exception had an absolutely fantastic time. It was all so good that Dr. Shoe has already announced that next year's World Heel-Meet will be at the same place, probably at the same time of year. Bristol's airport has expanded to take international flights from more and more countres, which removes any need to be nearer to London. Finally, I would say that we all enjoyed it hugely and only felt sad that those of you who didn't make it missed an absolutely fantastic and memorable event in every way. Do please make every effort to join us next year to make in an even bigger event - you certainly won't be disappointed!!! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Yes this was I think the best one ever for variety of things we did although the others all had their moments as well. Met up with HF on Fri afternoon for cofee and drinks in my motorhome. In the evening we went for a meal at River City and listened to the groans of the England fans in the background. Saturday was Buffet lunch at the Marina (Davinas Place) followed by a boat trip up the river Avon, and then a BBQ back at Davina's place. Thanks to Davina for organising all this and she let me stay in the Marina Carpark with my Van. Following on from BBQ we sat down and had drinks. Sunday, we saw the SS Great Britain which is next door to the marina £12.00 but very hands on and well worth a visit. Then I gave Tara a lift back to Wycombe.

I think F Private and Simon Stayed at a hotel. Tara and Si at Davina's. I stayed at Davina's but in my motorhome in the car park. Cas lives nearby in Britsol so he stayed there. A load of others stayed in Motorhomes or may have lived nearby. I think we all wore heels everywhere - the people who came tend to do that anyway, but like HF says it's not compulsory.

Indeed, many attendees lived locally but I think a few stayed in nearby hotels but as So and I already knew Davina we had been invited to stay at hers.

Glad to hear it was such a success Again I am so sorry and quite saddened we did not get there :wave: We in reality set too many things up his year and getting a boat to play with far to soon (only a year really) and just pushed the expenses too far. Many ifs - booking/paying the hotel early in the new year would have helped. such is life. next year third time lucky? Very jealous of the tales posted (and yet to come) and for those stepping that further venture into the public domain my full and heartiest congrats to you all. Al

Hi! To those of you above who mentioned hotels, don't worry about this for next year's World Heelmeet. I live in central Bristol, and am familiar with all of the local hotels from very cheap to very expensive. I'll be very happy to advise and help any members well in advance of the Big Day! NOT TO BE MISSED IN 2011. Last week's was fantastic! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

sorry i couldnt make it, not easy to make excuses for being away for a weekend when you have a family, sounds like you all had e great time, i promise i will try and meet up with some of you as soon as possible, really sad to have missed out, hope to see you somewhere soon.

It would be really cool if you guys could do a short live video stream of the meet next year. Say 3-4 pm England Time so people in the U.S. could watch. There's plenty of free internet resources to do that with.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I stayed at premier apartments. While there was nothing wrong in staying here, the room was clean and good parking there, I will not be staying there again. I think I found a better place which is closer to the venue, slighter cheaper and has good reviews on the web. Friday night at the meal. We were the only people in the bar wearing heels! There was a group of girls next to us wearing flats. At the heels meet. I had some photos taken of me, which are now in the gallery. Dr Shoe showed us some of his heels and walked in a pair of 7" heels. I did mean to go shoe shopping at some point during the day but was having so much fun at the heel meet that I didnt borther in the end.