Worst and Best Reactions to Guy's Public Heel-Wearing

Heelfan

Many years ago I was wearing my MIA High Heel clogs. I got gas and went to pay. A girl said to her boyfriend 'Do you believe that guy?' I just ignored them. That was in the late 70's. I'd love to get another pair of those clogs.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago I was wearing my MIA High Heel clogs. I got gas and went to pay. A girl said to her boyfriend 'Do you believe that guy?' I just ignored them. That was in the late 70's.

I'd love to get another pair of those clogs.

Perhaps you can! Or at least a reasonable fascimile:

MIA Shoes

Would have been funnier if he hadn't slowed down...

Yeah that would have been funnier. Either way it was by far the biggest reaction I've gotten belive it or not. Most people just kind of give me a strange look and just keep driveing by. I had one guy say somethign to me but he ws drunk and on the other side of the street and was talking to me as I was going inside my house.

It's all good. ~Arron.

Having worn womens shoes for over 40 years now, I have had a share of bad experiences. Guy at gas station asked me in a loud voice if I was going dancing. I was wearing purple flats with black trouser socks and jeans. While wearing 2-1/2 heeled boots and jeans at a bar a guy came over to ask me to dance, in front of my wife. At airport, wearing what I thought were very conservative black Mootsy Tootsy oxord type shoes with a 2" block heel, long jeans, the entire federal search staff walked over to the search line to watch me take off my shoes. Every one was snikering or laughing. (it is a small town and they aren't very busy) Last week 3 high school aged kids started pointing and laughing uncontrollably, at a an ice cream parlor while I was ordering ice cream. Black Catapillar sandals, very masculine looking, 1-1/2" heel, 1/2" platform. One red big toenail, one green (starboard/port). Guy in bowling alley asked where I bought my shoes. He said his wife wanted to know so she could buy some just like them. Back in early 70's red 4" platform heels, loafer cut with red/yellow plaid bell bottom pants. Got hauled to jail once for wearing womens clothes in a department store. The cops got their laughs, took pictures, and sent me off with a warning siting some 1890 law that says men shall not wear women's clothes. While wearing round toed cowboy boots, with 2" block heel, a guy at the bar was throwing kisses at me from across the room. He looked stupid doing this as most people did not know why. The boots could easily pass for men's boots. Good reactions: Mostly compliments from females about my shoes, although sometimes it is hard to tell if it is a genuine compliment or if they are mocking me. Women I dated became enthused about my shoes and we went shoe shopping together, and in one case went out on Halloween wearing pumpkin outfits with 3" stilletto orange high heels and black tights. One gal made me try on a pair of brown 3" stilletto heeled shoes in the store in front of the whole world (maybe 2 or 3 people nearby) to see. One gal encouraged me to try on and buy a pair of low heeled flats. Without a word being said, a female coworker and I had a shoe wearing contest. I wore a different pair of women's shoes every day, so did she. I won. I have over 500 pair to choose from. Most were loafer and low heeled styles since we were in a business office. She matched me in style and taste pretty much. It was fun, and not a word said.

Interesting (and somewhat scary) experiences. (How can someone make any other person try on a pair of shoes if they are inclined not to do so?) I've some thoughts (at least two) on this. One is that your negative experiences are the main reason most men that would like to wear their women's style shoes in public, don't. They do not want to risk ridicule, humilitation and embarrassment in front of everyone around them when insensative persons point them out. The second thought is that you've described, perfectly, the reasons why more men don't wear heels in public and that is because they don't have the fortitude to adsorb the "hits" fired at them for being different. It has been several years since I've driven across Wyoming (I-80) where a man is a man, and their horse is their best friend ). But, I can well imagin the less than friendly reception.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

One is that your negative experiences are the main reason most men that would like to wear their women's style shoes in public, don't. They do not want to risk ridicule, humilitation and embarrassment in front of everyone around them when insensative persons point them out.

This is true, and I suffered that sort of thing early on until I arrived at the realization that words can only hurt you if you allow tham to, and I refused to let the snide and often insulting comments of a tiny minority of rude and obnoxious louts keep me from doing what I love.

Most of my experiences have been unflaggingly positive. Especially at the office where I work as female co-workers have heaped praise on me for wearing stylish shoes, or when one co-worker asked me to help her pick out a nice pair of heels for a formal function she was attending, or just last week when I was the talk of the office when I wore red patent pumps!

I've been very lucky in that regard. Whether my experiences are more an exception than the rule, who can say.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

JeffB:-) In regards to the favorable comments you have garnered over a period of time about your wearing heels in public and at work---you seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. That's great or maybe you just live a charmed life. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I wonder if a useful response to the often asked question "Why are you wearing ...?" would be something to the effect of "As a means of finding/meeting/having conversations with attractive open-minded women"?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

A woman once followed me all over a local Lowe's Hardware store when shopping one day. While she tried to look interested in the stuff on the shelves, I could tell she was really interested in my shoes. I started to walk over to her and say something, but I didn't. I kept my mouth shut, finished my shopping, paid for my purchases at the check-out counter and walked to my car -- the woman following a few paces behind me. Oh, the shoes I was wearing that day were a pair of very conservative black Mootsie-Tootsie loafers like these, only in black with 3" heels: Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Given the rather cool reception I experienced in St. Louis, I can well imagine backslide's receptions in Wyoming. Larger cities tend to be more accepting of differences, in large part because there are so many differences people encounter each day. Smaller communities tend to be more conservative, until it becomes the "fashion norm," at which point everyone's wearing the same Lane Bryant jeans skirt...

JeffB:-)

In regards to the favorable comments you have garnered over a period of time about your wearing heels in public and at work---you seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. That's great or maybe you just live a charmed life.

Well, I wouldn't quite say that I live a charmed life, perhaps it's just a case of being surrounding by openminded people who see me more for the honest, friendly, hardworking and reliable person that I am instead of for what I wear on my feet. :D

Bingo!

Hence the double-take I've experienced here in Las Vegas.

Nevertheless, it's just a half-second beyond that whereby people realize that you're just another individual walking down the path of life...

At which all attention to the issue returns to normal.

I gave a skirt (along with Fuss 5" courts) a run out today. If I say so myself, I think I was looking pretty damn sharp, but, even so, the best reaction was watching people in conversation stopping dead in their sentence when catching sight of me !

Xa

I gave a skirt (along with Fuss 5" courts) a run out today. If I say so myself, I think I was looking pretty damn sharp, but, even so, the best reaction was watching people in conversation stopping dead in their sentence when catching sight of me !

Sounds pretty darn cool there, xaphod! I'm sure you probably turned lots of heads! :D

Yes, it was cool. One of the reasons for wearing a skirt was that the weather here has been hot and humid with thunderstorms every hour or so. It's much more pleasant wearing a skirt with a bit of fresh air wafting around your nether regions, compared with a hot sticky pair of trousers. BTW, I'm not a Scotsman, so I wear briefs/underpants. If there is any trouble with the police, then, even if you look up my skirt, you can't see anything. Xa

Yes, it was cool.

One of the reasons for wearing a skirt was that the weather here has been hot and humid with thunderstorms every hour or so.

It's much more pleasant wearing a skirt with a bit of fresh air wafting around your nether regions, compared with a hot sticky pair of trousers.

BTW, I'm not a Scotsman, so I wear briefs/underpants. If there is any trouble with the police, then, even if you look up my skirt, you can't see anything.

Xa

I only had trouble with the police on one occasion, and my remark to him sent him packing!

In short, know your rights and don't be afraid to voice them politely, calmly, and preferrably, in public with a lot of witnesses.

Hi! I am a new member to this forum and I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see so many other men out there who enjoy wearing high heeled shoes. I have been doing so for over 40 years, mostly in the privacy of my own house but I have been known to street heel in the past. Here are my own two cents worth for Best/Worst reactions. Best: One year for halloween I dressed up as "The psyco B__ch Whore from Hell" in a short, short Denim mini-dress with Thigh-High soft black leather boots with a 5" heel. I also wore a fabulous rubber mask that was absolutely hideous looking. My new girlfriend at the time (we had been dating for just about 2 months at the time, and have been married for 10 years now) thought this was a perfect way for me to get dressed up and go out enfemme without too much hassle. You see, I had told her about my cross-dressing on our second date, not wanting this aspect of my personality to become an issue after investing any serious time in the relationship. Best to get it out in the open as soon as possible and move on, if neccessary. Anyway, I digress and I apologize. We went out to the local neiborhood dive bar we frequented as they have an annual Halloween costume contest. I had the time of my life. Nothing beats shooting pool in 5" stillettos and a short mini-dress. As the evening wore on, one of our friends asked me about my boots. She thought they were to die for and asked if she could try them on. I graciously took them off and handed them to her. It took me over an hour to get her to give them back to me. I was only able to do so after promising her that if I ever wanted to get rid of them, I would give them to her. The whole evening was a hit!!! Worst: When I was about 19 or so and just freshly out on my own, I went shoe shopping one day at the local Payless. They had an incredible pair of blue patent 5" stilletto pumps with a deep-black felt type contrasting "flap" over the toe area. At the time, I thought they were the most sexy pair of shoes I had ever seen and just had to get them. I was nervous as all hell, this being one of the very first times I had ever bought womans shoes, and the only other people in the store besides me were the assistant and her fiend at the counter. Both of these girls were in the same age group as I and were of your typical "pack mentality" personalities, ie: giggling little girls who knew everything. I brought up my new treasures for purchase and was shaking like a leaf because the clerks always open up the box to make sure you got what the box says you have and that the shoes match in style and size. Once the box was opened, the girls went into "totally aghast" mode and started saying things like "Are those shoes for you?!?!?" and "Oh, how GROSS!!!" and the likes. Please bear in mind that this was almost thirty years ago, so my memory isn't perfect. I just remember those two things clearly, while they said other things as well. I paid for my purchase and left. I never went to that store again, and after about a lifetime I was finally able to enjoy trying on these wonderful shoes, only to find out that they were too small. It was difficult enough for me to go in and buy the shoes. I simply had not had the nerve to actually try them on to make sure they would fit and the shoes were cut smaller than other shoes of the same size I had worn before. I still kept the shoes for about 10 years and would look at them from time to time and attempt to wear them for a few minutes till my feet hurt too much... By the way, I won first prize in the Halloween costume contest... Keep street-heeling!!!

Welcome, GeorgiaMarie. I enjoyed your worst/best experiences. Now, tell us about the tatoo on the arm of the guy in the picture of your avatar. I really like it :D

Thanks Bubba136! The Tatoo is on my arm. I had it done about 5 years ago. This is a partial copy/transfer done free hand by a former girlfriend of my step-son. She drew it free-hand from a book of artwork from Nagel. He is mostly famous for the inked drawings in classic Playboys, but is a fabulous artist. She then over-laid the drawing with a tatoo needle. Now, I can proudly say that I wear High Heeled shoes 24X7... :D

That is a great tattoo and also interesting best and worst reactions. Welcome to the HHPlace. And what a way to start posting ....

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Xaphod:-) It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself in your latest heel wearing episode. I have never been stopped by the cops yet. I always have panties on under my panty-hose so according to your advise I should be safe when it does happen no matter what else I might be wearing. Good advise from you. GeogiaMarie:-) Welcome to the HH PLace Forum. You did the right thing on letting your date know ahead of time that you were a CD. It sure saves getting into deep do-do later and trying to smooth things out then. At least your GF, (now wife), knew exactly where you were coming from and where she stood before things got serious. It's much nicer when the wife knows your activities and supports you in them. BTW, that sure is an interesting tat-too that you have. I don't have any tat-toos, but I also wear heels 24/7 as well as other femme garments. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

Shyguy , Daz & JeffB Thank you one and all. I've had many compliments on my tatoo (quite a few from women). If a person is going to permanently disfigure themselves with a tatoo, they ought to at least make the tatoo interesting and artistic (not to mention just a little sen-shoe-ous...). I get so sick of seeing the standard barbed-wire, gothic, indecipherable oriental characters or even the religeous being displayed in tatoo artwork. It seems as though 7 out of every 10 fit into one of these catagories. Dawn HH: Thank you also for your comments. I spent too many years getting comfortable with myself (not to mention many hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars wasted "purging" my many collections) to want to waste any more time and effort justifying who and what I am. If my S.O. can't handle who and what I am, then I will get a different S.O. Fortunately, I will never have to worry about that due to prudent forethought.

GeorgiaMarie:-) I like your signature as it is very true. I feel that way also---"If the shoe or boot fits, wear it". Especially boots as I am a boot man. I very well know what you mean about finding yourself and purging everything and spending hundreds or more dollars trying to start over again. All of us crossdressers have gone through that at one time or other, some more than once. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 months later...

I had my worst experience wearing heels so far:- Whitgift Centre Croydon last Friday. I had an hour before meeting up with Mrs. F so naturally a bit of shoe shopping. I'd just been in Zucchi shoes, I think they're an independent shop, looking at a lovely pair of 4" block heel ankle boots which were only £10 but didn't fit in a 40 and no 41s there. As I was leaving a young asian lad, late teens - early twenties, approached me and asked "Are those ladies shoes you're wearing, do you mind if I take a photograph on my mobile" So far so good, but he followed me round shouting, "You're wearing ladies shoes, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MAN!" This continued for what seemed like five minutes. Amazingly I didn't loose my cool. I'm so glad Mrs F. wasn't with me. She would have been mortified. I haven't told her about it, she'd worry about it. He stopped when a friend of his dragged him away. I was wearing black 3" blade heeled ankle boots. It wasn't like I was even in stillettoes, I didn't realise they were that noticeable, no one else seemed to notice, until then and virtually everyone in the Whitgift Centre was aware of my footwear. He probably was watching me inside the shop. Well such is life, there are nutters who follow people around shouting for very little reason

That does happen very occasionally, but do not let it put you off! If it's any consolation, I've been street-heeling for forty-seven years (since I was thirteen), and in the whole of that time I've only ever had two or three such incidents. It's very rare, and these days people are getting more accepting of diverse fashions every year. As my wife said to me when I showed her my latest 4 1/2" heeled boots the other day "Well, anything goes these days". Keep heeling, and look forward to seeing you ate Lakeside! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Forborkenvv:-) Don't let that nutter put you off. Just take it in stride and continue to have fun street-heeling. No matter what he was shouting, he was probably drawing more attention to himself than to your footwear, although at the time you may have felt the opposite. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Forborkenvv:-)

Don't let that nutter put you off. Just take it in stride and continue to have fun street-heeling. No matter what he was shouting, he was probably drawing more attention to himself than to your footwear, although at the time you may have felt the opposite. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Most definately! I work at a bank and whenever we have someone that has an 'episode' as I like to call them. The people who are witnesses are always sympathic to the person who has had to deal with the screamer. it doesn't matter if the person screaming is right, wrong, or sideways.. they always look like the idjit.

Jinxie