Worst and Best Reactions to Guy's Public Heel-Wearing

Heelfan

Hey, when you're used to eating "beanie-weenie" (canned food from 7-11) at 30,000 feet -- Wendy's chili is gourmet - and, once appreciated it's hard to lose appreciation (kind'a like SOS) :) ) Now, if you really want to start a intellectual discussion, we could discuss pit cooked pork bar-b-que -- there's a subject closer to my heart (cholesterol and all) :o

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Bubba on this one--Wendy's chile IS pretty good. Although I'm partial to Popeye's dirty rice, myself. As for fond eating memories, nothing can compare to the disgusting-looking, but indescribably delicious boudin sausage sold in fly-encrusted roadside stands in Louisiana back in the early '80s (don't know if they're still there, or if they have been shut down as "health hazards").

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

eEe... Northshore? Wouldn't give it a second glance unless it was out past Mandeville going toward Denham Springs. Anything from Slidell or Covington might as well be from..... ready? Here it comes... *whisper* new york city :) [edit] btw, all the best stuff happens to you gene.

If you had ever eaten at Vera's, you wouldn't have said that - she was born in the bayou. However, you're right about the fact that Slidell was a bit far off the beaten New Orlean's track with respect to food quality, per se'. That didn't stop a few far-ranging chefs from ranging into Slidell and other regions, though. It's very difficult for me to say where the "best" food I've ever had really was, as once the tastes go from an 8 to 9, they pretty much enter into the nether regions so far as comparisons are concerned. I've eaten at unknown $5 dives and highly reknowned $150+ per plate restaurants, and it's often the dives that win, for no other reason than their cooks are artists - not at building tremendous establishments with pricey clientelle, but simply because when it comes to throwing ingredients together, they rock!

...and then there is the Zwolle Tamale Festival where the best tamales in the world can be had for very little cash (Zwolle, Louisiana, to be exact).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

There used to be a place in New Orleans called The Steak Pit - very rustic. I think it's long gone. The open air place where the street splits near the open air market, which has live music, has great jambalaya. Can't remember the name. And TGI Friday's near Canal St. is good when you are tired of Cajun food!

I think you're referring to the French Market, where some of the best food in the city can be found. Theres a weekly magazine here called Where Y'At - they have a website somewhere on the vast interweb and they're always reviewing relatively obscure restaurants that make for good tourist stops while in town.

• 2 years later...

I thought I'd bring this thread back up. One time I was in Ocean City, Maryland many years ago. I was wearing four inch oxblood loafer heels with an inch platform. I was also wearing a garbardine suit coat and straight leg, close fitting denims. Don't recall my other wear, no makeup or jewellery. I was walking along the boardwalk and someone decided to act as though I was on a runway modelling and they got all weird and took pictures of me. I know it was because of my heels, as they crouched down to take a pic. This was when heels were in fashion, yet.

"To kiss, pretty Saki, thy shoes' pretty tips, is better than kissing another girl's lips." -Omar Khayyam

heres my worst reaction. it was back in 2001 when i first went out in heels, i went to the local post collection box round the corner, i walked confidently past a pub and saw nobody, on the return walk i see a male exit the pub and crossed the road onto my side of the street, i heard him clear his throat and launch what ever he had loosened only to discover where it had landed when i got home, not very pleasant but better than being attacked by a group of narrow minded thugs.

• 3 months later...

I’ve been street heeling for years and have never had anything like this happen. If it ever does, I hope I manage to be as smart as you and treat the idiot with the contempt he deserves by ignoring him in a similar manner.

(I would much prefer to poke him in the eye with my index finger and give him something to really fuss about..)

Offer to give him a closer look and to show him a magic trick: "Watch me turn this ankle boot into a crotch boot in one easy step." Alternatively, offer to demonstrate your best dance moves from the Nutcracker Suite. Such thoughts give me a new appreciation for the aesthetic value of long-points. :smile:

well, @ least it wasnt his LUNCH from DRINKING too much, since he came right out of a BAR (PUB that is) if you know what I mean.