A different point of view on boys wearing heels

thehighheelsgirl

I was talking with a very metrosexual boy I know over the weekend, who pretty much only wears heels about the boys in heels and how society sees it bit, and he had some interesting points. Since someone will ask, no, he is not gay. Anyway, he said that as a boy, you can get away with wearing boyish looking chunky heel boots. This one make sense. Then he said that he can't really get away with wearing "normal" girl's heels, like 3 or 4 inch pumps say, as they're "plain" shoes and a guy just looks weird wearing them. I can kinda see this, since I've kinda always thought that the fashion world could make fashionable boy's heels, but they're certainly not going to be bright pink strappy sandals. But, and I had to think a bit on this after, he pointed out that he can wear "statement" heels and totally get away with it. He makes pretty good money, and his whole closet is made up of designer heels. Mostly he wears Louboutins, and he does have a pair of the over the knee corset boots and wears them pretty often over tight skinny jeans. He does not have any sandals, has a few pair of pumps, but mostly all his are boots. He says it's totally different than just wearing normal heels that he can get at the mall, because he's making a statement wearing heels like that and I actually think he's right. It's actually impressive how many girls he meets because of the attention he gets LOL (he is a very good looking guy too). Curious to see what the rest of you think on this :smile:

Yes, I do walk in these

• 1 month later...

I've seen a lot of men wearing unisex boots or chunky heels. The only time i've ever seen a man wear women's heels were these 2 crossdressers eating at the mall's food court several years ago. The under the breath comments they were getting from guys walking by were downright corrosive. I think most straight men are simply homophobic. Men wearing any kind of women's clothing or shoes always seem to evoke some 'gay' comments. Back then, I admit to being a little weirded out myself. I'm a little conservative but I like to think I keep an open mind. EDIT: If and when my son becomes old enough to wear heels and walks around in public with stilletos, i'd slap him silly. Double standard maybe...I'd have a problem with that.

I'm a bit surprised at last comment. If my boy one day wants to heels, I'll support but until then I wont suggest. My husband and I also have an interesting past time. Some time ago he bought be a long denim skirt that was was fitted around my bum and had a A shape from below the crutch. I tried it on but it was one size too big but I loved style being soft and easy to walk in, so my Husband got the next size down, but forgot to take other back to exchange. After that he never seemed to have a problem, regardless of label. So one day I asked why, he showed me. He found that if the skikt fitted him correctly, it was next size to big for me. He demonstrated with that same denim skirt that was too big for me. What I noted was that it really fitted him well and I wasn't put off. I aked him what he thought and he said it was comfortable, so asked him to leave on for rest of evening with a promise and he often wore it after evening shower after. In the evening in our remote street, we often went for night walks with a bright moon. Hubby used to pester me to wear a skirt, tight T-shirt and no bra to set "his" mood. so next moon I suggested we both walk in our long denim skirts and fitted T-shirt. It took some work, but he agreed, on a promise and followed many times since. One night he asked me to wear a pair of knee high lace up leather boots, 5" heel with 1" platform that he recently bought. They were fairly comfy once walked in. I found out where he got them and bought a pair for him, which fortunately went up to his size and on sale, just to teach him that I'm not his dumb model and if good for goose, good for gander. He was horrifed at thought and was blantant no, even promise trick didn't work. He was worried to be perceived gay, which was hardly the case. So lowing my standards with my last chance I said ok, I'll walk topless! For which I got a yes, so after some practice in house, off we went. For both of us it was such a sensual experience, that half way through he asked for a rest for his feet and we let nature take its course. which was a bit sticky for me on return trip. While the topless bit has only been repeated a few times, we do repeat our walks dressed the same often.

Actually I think it a pity it is not in everybodys forum... men opinion would be very interesting here. As I see, the point you write about actually is: for a lot of men shoes (heels) are a fashion issue. they are neither crossdresser, no transvestites. they do not want to be *women* when they wear high heeled shoes, it is not about an erotic game for them- they simply like high heeled shoes (or some other garments which usually are considered to be feminine). both ways (transvestite way/erotical/beeing female as well as metrosexual/fashion) are legitimate. still though the second way would be more easily accepted, the society tends to believe, it is always about the first one. thats the problem resp. the difficulty, because erotic issues should not be that public indeed. but the perception of style would be quite easily dissolved if people just would WEAR what they WANT TO WEAR. But the most just do not dare. Of course one needs courage for beeing different. Wearing high heels is sometimes even not easy for me as woman- how much more difficult it must be for a man. But either you do it, if you like it- and nobody is hurt by this- or not. As we see in the posts here all around the forum, there always are more positive reaction and experience even if there might be some few stupid comments of people not able to handle with non-uniformity too. So my opinion is: he does it right wearing what HE likes, and more people should. I know there are alot, alot who would like but do not dare- it is not only about shoes alone, but even about high heels, there are so many men who would love to wear high heels. just for the style, just because it is a beautiful shoe per se! And as already said, as long it is not about making any erotical issues public (for you, cuz you cannot influence and should not care as lot was other people thoughts might be!), in my opinion it should not be such a large problem.

short note- thank you @ Kaygirl for the honest post. it IS difficult to deal something *so different* especially if it concerns one directly... everything is easier when it happens to *somebody else*. but the point would be: what would be the consequence when you punish him for that? would YOU feel better? really? would it change his opinion about that? for sure not. would he trust you anymore? you know people either like heels or not, and this does not depend on gender. it also does not change, and also, one cannot hide it for long - at least not for one self, even if it is less important for some periods of time in our lives. So may be he knowing your reaction would LIE about certain things to you before. is this what you would prefer? or may be still then talking with him, beeing honest it is hard for you but finding a compromise you both can cope with? and you knowing this really HELPS your son more than anything else? just beeing still loved and respected inspite of something which is hard enough for him to deal with too? I know about alot of people who were HAPPY they could tell the family one day the truth. they do not need to go around the world telling their preferences do not match in what society tells whats *right*- but they were happy they did not have to lie about that in their family anymore.

Hi Girls, I have always liked my husband wearing heels out socially. I got him to start in 1977 with three inch heels (actually mens shoes which were in fashion). Years later; I still like him in a block, cowboy type heeled boots and they must be a least five inch heels. We do appreciate that we get some odd looks in the UK but we are past caring. Sue (Teeza)