City living

Ok so wearing heels and living in the city dont always mix as im sure just about every girl here will know!,it was just an average day, that morning i'd purchased a lovely pair of heels, they were perfect, comfertable, not too high(for me thats about 3"), black peep toe with white dots, so i was making my way from one end of the highstreet to the other, it was about 5pm so there wasent many people about, i noticed a large grate covering almost all of the path about 10 feet ahead of me, i stopped to light a ciggarete and check i hadent lost anything, i walked on not paying any attention to the floor or the large grate id seen moments earlier and was stopped in my tracks, i didnt even need to look i knew what id done, and i just thought to myself ok this dosent have to be a big deal, just casualy work it free and carry on, i struggled a bit and realised it wasent coming out without a fight, so here i was carrying my weekly shopping, no less than 2 bags per hand, so i just dropped my bags down, bent down to free the shoe by hand, unfortunatly by this time it was wedged tight in a gap just big enough for the heel to slip into and then get stuck in!, so i was kneeling down with one hand pulling my shoe and proping myself up with the other, but it wasent working, i put all my bags to one side, knelt down behind the show and tried to pull it like that, i pulled and pulled but it wouldnt budge, and eventualy i pulled so hard i fell backwards, and i've never worn those heels since!!

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, floor grates and brick or cobblestone streets can be hazardous if you are wearing stiletto high heels. I try to avoid both. But like in your case, your concern with the bags and your momentum probably caused this accident.