CL's red soles.. why?

gaijin gig

Hello all, I heard that the reason CL trade marked his "red soles" because he wanted to pay Tribute to the Street walkers of a "meat district" some where in Europe(france?) I was curious to see if there was any truth to this. I know that having the world at our fingertips, I might have been able to find this info elseware..But i thought that might give the experts here a go.. Thanks.

Cheers

Mr Friske, Thanks for the favor of a reply. I did read the link you sent me. It does make sense, I also had another friend of mine tell me that in addition to my first post the red sole might also have something to do with blood in the streets from nearby butchering of meat - the meat packing district where the women used to walk hence red soles. I am sure that there are many explanations.. I should have mention this in the first post. Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers

What's interesting is that I have a pair of Prada boots from 2002-3 with red soles. Now I'm curious to know which designer was the first to do this! I also have a pair of Paciottis that I got this year--although I'm not sure when they were originally designed. Did Paciotti always have red soles or did he copy others?

really then, I dont not know who came first Prada or CL. I dont think there will be any red soles after CL, i think it's his trade mark. or some thing like that.. i'm sure that there are Plenty Knockoffs.. though..

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...