Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎28 at 11:03 AM, Rockpup said:

So, I decided to get a black pair from Skyscrapers heels to go along with my red pair. Unfortunately they sent pointy toe when I'd ordered round toe. They quickly offered to let me keep this pair while they have a round toe pair made. I like that kind of service!

I figured it would be a show of good will to order a pair they had on clearance. Zip up ankle boots will be easier to throw on then the thigh boots for practicing in 5.5" heels.

IMG_6273.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

IMG_6939.JPG

I love both pairs!!!

• Like 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Quick update ---  I wore my new Air Underground Mobile boots with black leggings to my chiropractor this morning and she absolutely loved them and made a note of the shoeshow.com web site.  Th then went to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription and a middle aged male customer called out, "Love your boots" when I was about 30 feet away.  I turned his way and smiled and gave him a thumbs up.  I think this pair is a winner.

GEDC1164.jpg

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Surcoming to the temptation of low prices and free shipping I ordered two more pair of boots from shoeshow.com.  Considering that I have always been on the fringe of social acceptance anyway, I bought a pair of Hot Tomato Elk River boots in a size 13 with a 1/2" block heel for $20 and they further defined my social position.

GEDC1177.jpg

Fun, warm, comfortable, and slightly outrageous.

GEDC1176.jpg

The second pair are Its Ok Mariya OTK boots in a size 13 with a 1" block heel for $15.

GEDC1178.jpg

GEDC1179.jpg

I wore these boots to a performance gig last night and got an "I like your boots" comment.  It is definitely easier to unload and move equipment in these heels rather than the stilettos, which I wore last year to the same gig.

Both of these boots are size 13M and, if anything, are a little large.  I have to wear both pair with bulky socks.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Typo
  • Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Not to deviate too far from the topic of this thread but...

I mentioned that I wore my new Its Ok Mariya OTK boots to a gig.

GEDC1179.jpg

I was busking at an event called Art Walk at the Essex art studios in Cincinnati.  Essex is in a large building with about 100 separate artist studio's that they open to the public twice a year and they invite musicians to come in to perform (busk) soto add to the festivities.  I was sitting in a wide hallway with folks walking past and occasionally dropping a buck or two into my guitar case.   The way I was sitting, I had to look up to see people's faces, but looking straight ahead I saw a lot of boots and heels, which is one of the reasons I really like this gig.  Not that I was keeping score bit I only say two pair of boots that were as high as mine were. :cheeky:

Not bragging, but I'm fairly competent with my performance, but I can attribute my getting lost (missed chords, mumbled words,...) in several songs when a pair of chin droppingly gorgeous, tight shafted, stiletto heeled boots walked by.   I kept telling myself, "pay attention to what you're doing" and then I realized that was exactly what I was doing... boot/heel watching.  I was a fun evening. :rocker:

• Like 3

Hehehe, well, it's 5.5" with about a 1" platform, but the base is wide enough it should be stable on anything except pure ice. I figure they will go well with ski/snow pants and be pretty hidden. Already have a friend wanting me to visit MN in winter, so I expect they will get a bit of use there.

(formerly known as "JimC")

10 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Hehehe, well, it's 5.5" with about a 1" platform, but the base is wide enough it should be stable on anything except pure ice. I figure they will go well with ski/snow pants and be pretty hidden. Already have a friend wanting me to visit MN in winter, so I expect they will get a bit of use there.

If your heading North, you might need them, but being your in the deep south - - - If it gets that bad, there will be no place to go in them. We all know what a 1/4" will do down there.

As a guy I Was not sure what all the fuss was about boots as I wear work boots every day.  I finally broke down and got a pair.  They are 3" stilletto heel and goes up to just a few inches above ankle.  Closed toe, and square toe.  With zipper side.  Dark brown, almost a black.   Not work appropriate :)

wow, they  are so much fun to wear.  No worry about slipping out.  Easy to put on so I am wearing  heels more often.   So easy to slip on after work and run a few errands.  Even lakes through a department store formth first time  

I was worried that boots would not provide that soft fem feel, but they bring their own joy, and click clack as I walk.  Plus with the cold weather, my toes stay warm.

sorry no pictures. 

• Like 1

I saw this pair of boots earlier this week. Only 1 pair of size 4UK available. I asked for my size, but they were online order only, so The lady working on the clothing section offered to write the produce code down for me. I have received them and look forward to wearing them for a test walk soon.

i suspect one of my sisters has brought the size 4UK pair that I saw  originally, as she mentioned when visiting today getting a new pair that sound just like them. large.IMG_0037.JPGlarge.IMG_0036.JPG

• Like 3

Those are really nice!  Don't hide them under jeans.

Did your sister know that you had bought a pair of "her" boots?  You will have to get a picture if you both wear them together.

1 hour ago, hh4evr1 said:

I have received them and look forward to wearing them for a test walk soon.

Test walk soon??? How could you receive the boots and not immediately give them a try? :penitent:

19 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Did your sister know that you had bought a pair of "her" boots?  You will have to get a picture if you both wear them together.

Test walk soon??? How could you receive the boots and not immediately give them a try? :penitent:

I had to work and heels at work are not an option at the moment.

My sister doesn't know I got the same style. I ordered mine before she got hers, so she brought a pair of my boots lol.

Edited by hh4evr1

Wore these to Books A Million and I had to say it felt great did not hear if anyone giving compliments or not because I had my headphones on and kept it moving.  Trying to make a goal and do it more frequently so hey gotta start some where right!large.5857d51296b5c_Wornoutintheopen.jpg

• Like 5

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Ah, getting up in the world and looking good.  As you noted, wearing headphones do limit hearing comments, good and bad.  You might consider engaging with the public a bit more, and yes, I know that is a big step while wearing heels.

On 17/12/2016 at 10:27 PM, Thighbootguy said:

I got the test walk done this afternoon. About 1 1/2 hours. Comfortable and even got a compliment from a lady on my style choice. She asked the usual questions about why I wear heels? How long have I been wearing heels and style we both like. She seemed open to he concept of men wearing heels.

I had to wear  them under jeans as the zip wouldn't do up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hh4evr1 said:

I had to wear  them under jeans as the zip wouldn't do up.

You might have to loosen the lacing when wearing them over jeans.  It does seem like a shame to hide them.  I'm glad you had a good outing and compliments are always good.

Nice looking boots. 

3 hours ago, yoyo said:

received new pair from aliexpress, ordered my size, its 1 size too large for me.

Your lucky it was only one size too large.  Heavy socks will fix that.  My experience has been to order two sizes larger than my size to get my size.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

Nice looking boots. 

Your lucky it was only one size too large.  Heavy socks will fix that.  My experience has been to order two sizes larger than my size to get my size.

One of the things I have learned for sure is that sizing is all over the map when it comes to women's boots.   I am a size 11 in women's boots, but have been able to fit in some boots sized 9.5.  This makes it kind of tough to order online unless they give specific measurements, and a liberal return policy.  I think the shape of the toe has a lot to do with the size discrepancies.  I am currently looking at a great pair of boots on ebay, but they are only sized 9.5, the seller is being cagey about accepting a return, his policy states "no returns", so will have to get something in writing before I buy them.  The seller mentions that the length of the boots is: 10-7/8", which seems much bigger than a women's size 9.5.  Needless to say, the outer length dimension is not directly related to the actual size.  And, a pointed toe will increase the length, but will not necessarily allow are larger size foot inside...A few months back, I took a chance on a cool pair of women's Frye boots, sized 9.5.  Couldn't even get my foot inside them...