Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

22 hours ago, bootedbloo said:

hi all

Just ordered a pair of Arollo Boots. Model is 'Queen'. Can't wait to get them & wear them out! I'll post my pics when I receive them. nahansicht_long_overknee_queen.jpg

Impressive to say the least! I hope you'll enjoy them.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really need to catch up with some of my purchases :)

Reverse order here is my newest pair, from a Meiman Marcus Last Call I found a pair of Louboutin gaetanina 100's. Turns out Louboutins 100mm heel in a size 40 is 4.5", so I got a workout when shopping today. :)

I'd hit a Louboutin Boutique as I wanted to try the Hot Chick 130mm, but they were too big. Oh well, they look great but the heel is too high for now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 9

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 9/2/2016 at 8:58 AM, redandwhite said:

Just got these vintage boots from faith. Always like the era of square (ish) toe.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice boots!  That railway platform looks familiar; is it Horsted Keynes?

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:54 AM, csizma said:

I LOVE frye boots, but rarely find the ones I like in large enough sizes

The postman just arrived and brought with him my latest pair of boots.  This is an inexpensive pair of black faux suede OTK boots in a large size with a 3 1/2" heel ordered from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Over-the-Knee-Boots-Fashion-Flock-High-Heels-Autumn-Winter-Boots-For-Women-Sexy-Ladies/32711352327.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.120.rsfECm

I suspected these boots would run small so I ordered the largest size they offered which was a 16.  I wear a 12-13 so I was expecting these boots to be too large and requiring a heavy sock, however, there is no size marking on the boots at all and they fit like a 13.  The boos were shipped without a box but wrapped in bubble wrap.  Considering the $28 cost the gamble on the size was worth it and to my surprise the boots fit comfortably.  I only expect these boots to last for a season or two.

GEDC0942.jpg  GEDC0943.jpg

GEDC0944.jpg

Correction:  I did find the number 47 written in fine red pen on the sole of the left boot so I guess they are what the vendor thought was a US16.  That being the case I'm glad I ordered two sizes up.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

The postman just arrived and brought with him my latest pair of boots.  This is an inexpensive pair of black faux suede OTK boots in a large size with a 3 1/2" heel ordered from Aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Women-Over-the-Knee-Boots-Fashion-Flock-High-Heels-Autumn-Winter-Boots-For-Women-Sexy-Ladies/32711352327.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.120.rsfECm

I suspected these boots would run small so I ordered the largest size they offered which was a 16.  I wear a 12-13 so I was expecting these boots to be too large and requiring a heavy sock, however, there is no size marking on the boots at all and they fit like a 13.  The boos were shipped without a box but wrapped in bubble wrap.  Considering the $28 cost the gamble on the size was worth it and to my surprise the boots fit comfortably.  I only expect these boots to last for a season or two.

Correction:  I did find the number 47 written in fine red pen on the sole of the left boot so I guess they are what the vendor thought was a US16.  That being the case I'm glad I ordered two sizes up.

Nice boots, Tbg, but only marginally OTK by the look of it (depending upon where one says the knee ends)!   The sizing is a bit worrying; the '47' could be a Chinese size (of indeterminate, or at least unreliable, conversion) as Eu47 should be about the equivalent of USM13/USW15.   You say that you are usually 12-13 - is that USW or USM?   I'm sure you have often referred to having footwear in smaller sizes than that, but I suppose that is variation between makers. 

13 hours ago, Puffer said:

Nice boots, Tbg, but only marginally OTK by the look of it (depending upon where one says the knee ends)!   The sizing is a bit worrying; the '47' could be a Chinese size (of indeterminate, or at least unreliable, conversion) as Eu47 should be about the equivalent of USM13/USW15.   You say that you are usually 12-13 - is that USW or USM?   I'm sure you have often referred to having footwear in smaller sizes than that, but I suppose that is variation between makers. 

These are OTK on the Chinese model but they do fall a little shorter on my long legs, but that was expected.  The top just barely covers my knee when I pull them up.  I normally wear a 12-13 USW.  I think the 47 marking referred to EU47 but the boots ran small which seems to be typical for the Chinese makers.  Anyway, I wore them to a gig last night and they were quite comfortable.  I have always worn boots to this gig and am expected to do so hence no one batted an eye.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

10 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

These are OTK on the Chinese model but they do fall a little shorter on my long legs, but that was expected.  The top just barely covers my knee when I pull them up.  I normally wear a 12-13 USW.  I think the 47 marking referred to EU47 but the boots ran small which seems to be typical for the Chinese makers.  Anyway, I wore them to a gig last night and they were quite comfortable.  I have always worn boots to this gig and am expected to do so hence no one batted an eye.

Thanks for the clarification.   I have no personal knowledge as a customer but it does seem from buyers generally that Chinese products are (significantly) smaller than their claimed sizes would suggest.   And I suspect that a 'properly-sized' Eu44 would be right for you as a nominal USW12-13; if not, then certainly Eu45.   (I am usually UK11/Eu45 and would expect USW13-14 to fit me, erring towards the larger size if I was buying significantly high heels or anything narrow.)

On 6 September 2016 at 10:24 AM, KneeBooted said:

What website did you get these through? They look amazing!

On 4 September 2016 at 5:00 AM, Puffer said:

Nice boots!  That railway platform looks familiar; is it Horsted Keynes?

No idea where that is but it sounds like down south? This is a quiet station in Cheshire , I'd rather not add anymore details

On 8/30/2016 at 4:16 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Wow those sure are attention getters.  How about a picture of the boots worn over your jeans so we get the full effect?

Sorry so long with the photos. Also showing the Vibram soles.

If you missed the first post they're from Miguel Jones custom-boots.net, with 5 inch heels, well made, and very comfortable, $225 + shipping. It took about 8 weeks from order to arrival.

collage-2016-09-11.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, onyourtoes said:

If you missed the first post they're from Miguel Jones custom-boots.net, with 5 inch heels, well made, and very comfortable, $225 + shipping. It took about 8 weeks from order to arrival.

collage-2016-09-11.jpg

I stand by my comment... Those are attention getters.  They look better with the shaft exposed.  It would be a shame to hide Miguel Jones' fine work.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2016 at 4:16 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Wow those sure are attention getters.  How about a picture of the boots worn over your jeans so we get the full effect?

20160911_152803.jpg

Edited by onyourtoes
Thanks. I just noticed the details got messed up in the edit. Here's an original upload:

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, Cl0setheels said:

I'm quite a fan of ankleboots lately. Got the lowest heel pair and the chunky ones are by New Look. The other ones I got at Zalando which are the least comfortable of the three.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Love this combination!

• Like 1

Sky Scrapers UK, Valentina round toe with a 4.5" heel, eyelet lacing all the way up :)

Looks like a 4.5" in UK8 is just over 5". 

IMG_6273.JPG

Edited by Rockpup
  • Like 8

(formerly known as "JimC")

12 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Sky Scrapers UK, Valentina round toe with a 4.5" heel, eyelet lacing all the way up :)

Looks like a 4.5" in UK8 is just over 5". 

IMG_6273.JPG

My goodness gracious those are show stoppers.  With the round toe they look comfortable.  They also, with no zipper, represent a commitment to wearing boots.

A long time ago I tried on a pair of lace-up thigh boots in a local shop (now sadly out of business).  I commented at the effort required to lace them and the sales gal, who was much more aware of the ways of the world than I was, said, "The idea is to get someone else to lace them for you."

Enjoy your boots.  They would look great with you black riding outfit on your motorcycle.

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 1