Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Early last week I received my first new pair of shoes in a very long time: an end-of-season sale of Naturalizer "Brenna" booties in black with 3" heels. I liked the look, got 30% off, and they were available (and still are as of today) in women's size 12M. (Of course the day after I bought them, they extended the sale to 30% off PLUS free shipping. Ugh!)

So here's my review, published on http://www.naturalizer.com/en-US/Product/EC0200049-3014247/Naturalizer/Black/Brenna.aspx (where by the way, I'm a "Top 50" contributor, whatever that means):

"It's been a while since I've worn a pair of shoes with the "wow factor" that these have, but I really did say "wow!" when I first put these on. It was like they were custom made for my feet! They needed absolutely no break-in time at all. I wore them all day the first day I wore them. Besides the excellent fit in length and width, the arch is comfortable, the construction quality is superb, and the fabric collar is perfect. I was afraid the booties might be too warm, but they're not. They're comfortable either with nylon hosiery or barefoot. I have many pairs of Naturalizer shoes, and my wife is comfortable with me wearing all of them, but these look really sharp. They are fun booties and I recommend them highly!

They also published my gender as Male so there could be no doubt.

Here are two photos, and I'm wearing them (with black sheer nylons) as I write this. If you wear size 12 or smaller, get a pair. You won't be disappointed!

Steve

Naturalizer Brenna black 2.jpg

Naturalizer Brenna black.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some time ago I bought a pair of Fluevog Jillian boots and have finally gotten time to post about them. Very comfy and fit like a glove. I have worn them out several times in Calgary and Vancouver...just love em!

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 11.02.24 PM.png

• Like 2

This is a pair of French, Aigle "Coupe Sumur", rubber riding boots. in an EU 42 which is a little tight for me.  Getting into and out of these boots is a serious commitment to looking good while cutting the grass.  I found them on-line for $15 in like new condition.

GEDC0630.jpg

GEDC0631.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

A note of caution:  These are heavy rubber boots that were meant for riding, where you don't want too much flexibility, and for that they would be great, but they are not for walking around in comfort, especially as tight as this pair is.  If your going to be riding, get a pair, otherwise be sure you try them first.

GEDC0630.jpg

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I just received these MeToo "Lisbon14" black suede booties in a 12M with a 5" heel and 3/4" hidden platform.  They fit perfectly and are very comfortable.  As all of you already know, all size 12s are not the same size.

GEDC0638.jpg

GEDC0639.jpg

• Like 3

Here are my new - I am so in love - booties. They are all leather and are very easy to walk in. 

The story behind these boots is, I was looking for an upgrade to my new dress from Rad Hourani. And these booties from Ma & Lo match perfectly with the structure in the dress. 

If you want to see the booties in "action", you should look to this topic here.

MaELo1.jpg

MaELo2.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everybody! I've just receive my new Steve madden joanie booties! Clearly too high (13,5cm heels and 3,5cm platform) for wearing them in public but love the look of them. But they are really confortable to wear and walk! Only thing is the sole slick which made them a bit slippery on smooth floor!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Peter1 said:

Hi everybody! I've just receive my new Steve madden joanie booties! Clearly too high (13,5cm heels and 3,5cm platform) for wearing them in public but love the look of them. But they are really confortable to wear and walk! Only thing is the sole slick which made them a bit slippery on smooth floor!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice pair of boots that you have there!!!! How high are they????  There is only one way to deal with a slick sole on new boots and that is to were them while walking on an asphalt or rough concrete surface....several problems will be solved at the same time while doing this.....you will get used to the boots,the soles will no longer be slick,and you will find the fit problems if any.

56 minutes ago, crotchhiguy said:

Nice pair of boots that you have there!!!! How high are they????  There is only one way to deal with a slick sole on new boots and that is to were them while walking on an asphalt or rough concrete surface....several problems will be solved at the same time while doing this.....you will get used to the boots,the soles will no longer be slick,and you will find the fit problems if any.

Thanks for your comment! They are announced at 5 inch heel height ( in fact its 5.3 inch in 42EU size) and 1.25 inch platform.

i think your give me a good advice but i'm not ready to wear them out as its already difficult for me to wear heels in public with wedges sneakers... So i let you imagine with high platform booties !!

2 hours ago, Peter1 said:

Clearly too high (13,5cm heels and 3,5cm platform) for wearing them in public

I'm not sure I understand that.  They would look great under flair leg jeans.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peter1 said:

Thanks for your comment! They are announced at 5 inch heel height ( in fact its 5.3 inch in 42EU size) and 1.25 inch platform.

i think your give me a good advice but i'm not ready to wear them out as its already difficult for me to wear heels in public with wedges sneakers... So i let you imagine with high platform booties !!

I understand.......cover them up with a pair of wide leg women's jeans that are long enough to cover all bit 1/2 inch of heel or find them long enough to slightly drag on the ground........or..........find a pair of extra wide bell bottom jeans like men wore in the late 60's and early 70's,back when MEN wore platform shoes and boots.......they are for sale on e-bay every day........I cover up the boots shown in my avatar with a pair of jeans that are about 3-4 inches too long for me when I am wearing flat shoes/boots.......these cover the heel and drag on the ground in the rear but leave the toe portion of the boot exposed in the front......it works for me and should work for you.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2016 at 0:20 PM, Peter1 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If it wasn't for the suede heel, I'd wear those out. Those fuzzy heels just get too dirty with me in a car. Long flares and I'm good to go.

• Like 3

The postman arrived today with a pair of BarefootTess "Nash" boots, black sude in a size 13.  They have a 1¼" wedge heel  so that are great for just running around very comfortably.

GEDC0684.jpg

I wore them tonight  with jeans while I played at a music gig.

• Like 2

Wow! That's a really good deal, and the US dollar exchange rate is very good (for us) right now. I'm tempted to hop on a plane!

Well, one of these days...please report on what you get!

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve63130 said:

Wow! That's a really good deal, and the US dollar exchange rate is very good (for us) right now. I'm tempted to hop on a plane!

Well, one of these days...please report on what you get!

Steve

Oh i intend to report

i have my $$ ready

James

Regards

James