Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Gday to all

i have just ordered a pair of ankle boots from usa (with a bunch of help from new mates here)

now all I have to do is to wait patiently till they arrive (not going to happen) and hope that they fit (positive waves moriarity) 

Merry xmas to me :)

image.png

Regards

James

My experience with Nine West is that their sizing is normally generous.  My normal size in women's shoes is 10 1/2 and I usually have to order a size 11 in most other brands.  However, with Nine West shoes, a 10 1/2 is "spot on".

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

4 minutes ago, mwhh said:

My experience with Nine West is that their sizing is normally generous.  My normal size in women's shoes is 10 1/2 and I usually have to order a size 11 in most other brands.  However, with Nine West shoes, a 10 1/2 is "spot on".

Im hoping so. I tried on several pairs of size 11 boots and they all fit. But i have a pair of their size 11 pumps which are tight. 

The parcel is on its way. 2 weeks or so and i will post a pic 

Regards

James

I have had a lot of experience with Nine West.  I wear a size 12 and have found that most of their boots fit really well.  I have had a few pairs of boots that fit a little tighter and one or two that fit a little loose.  Overall, their sizing has been great to me since it is really hard to find my size of boots.  

Regarding quality, the leather part of the Nine West boots is really good, I have boots that have been in my closet for almost 10 years and they still look good.  

The balance, however, is manmade. And usually, this part of the boots starts falling apart a couple of years after they are purchased.  I don't have the luxury of using my boots that often and even so the balance falls apart.  

• Like 1

Great looking boots.  They look good with your outfit (but get a different watch) and would also look great over jeans.  Do you wear them out and about?  It would be a shame to not show them off.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

9 minutes ago, redandwhite said:

I haven't got any really skinny jeans that would go best.

Regular jeans will work.  Just wrap the cuff around your ankle and the rest of the pant leg will follow.

Here is one of my favorite looks:

post-928-133522871505_thumb.jpg

9 minutes ago, redandwhite said:

Wasn't sure if dress was a tad short?

Nah, looks fine.  I'd add a medium to wide belt.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Just got these 1969 spike heeled boots. I love the pumps (now have 6 pair all in different colors) so much I had to take the dive. The fit and feel are to die for, wish I had them a couple days ago for the dinner and movie (Star Wars) the wife and I did on Monday night. I at least did wear another pair of 5 inch heels on that occasion.

Joe:fine:

PC290011.jpg

PC290014.jpg

PC290016.jpg

PC290017.jpg

PC290010.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

The fit and feel are to die for,

The look ain't too bad either. :giggle:

Those are great looking boots!  Be careful and avoid any cracks in the walking surface with a heel that narrow.  The narrower the heel the more a crack looks like a crevasse and seems to invite the heel to fall in (and be damaged).

There have been many threads about where should to hide your shoes.  Well many years ago, when I had to hide shoes and clothing,  I hid them in a closet in a small room in a far corner of my basement.  After enough of life changed and I quit hiding stuff, I literally forgot about the closet.  Yesterday I discovered it again.  While doing a much needed large load of old clothing in the laundry I discovered a pair of faux thigh highs I had forgotten about.  These are an elastic fabric that are meant to be worn with pumps (which I never wore back then).  I'll have to try them over ankle boots.

GEDC0365.jpg.efc48bec8f70c2d537ac2fdf051

There is a velcro fastener that joins in front of the shoe's heel. 

GEDC0366.jpg.7a1ccf78bb065d1ce462120c11f

The camera's flash destroys what blending there is in normal lighting :roll:,  and hose pumps are probably 40years old.

These may not be new but I haven't shown them before (they predate the internet).

Thought about buying Calvin Klein booties  Laneige

http://www.zappos.com/calvin-klein-laneige

Seen Gwen Stefani Teardrop booties similar style but only see a size 10 that they produce iin Laneige. Need a 11 at least. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X8B5KJY/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00YFALNAC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQV4ZJ61XSYM58FHJBS

81304357_010_main.jpeg

Gwen-Stefanis-L.A.M.B.-Nichol-Booties.jpg

i just received today new pair of boots (wedge 4" heels). nine west heartset in size 12. a little bit small for me, but they fit pretty well.

img_7910.jpg  img_7911.jpg  img_7912.jpg

they are true leather, good quality. but i need to wear them some days before out with them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Browsing the web i found this lovely pair of high heel boots:

http://www.newlook.com/de/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-peeptoe-knee-high-ghillie-heels-_356546201?productFind=search

since they were on sale i couldn't resist =)

The fit is great (EU 43/UK 9) on the foot but on the legs they are a bit loose but not by much.

IMG_0996.thumb.JPG.9f883379ddfcd2ba4c9a3

• Like 1

Bought two booties one RAGS & Bone Harrow in tan Suede 3" block heel

Second bought Calvin Klein LANEIGE on 4.5" stiletto heel. This is my first attempt to wear a stiletto heel in fact did it in the department store on a busy Saturday. Felt the booties were way too narrow. Once i stood up i felt like my achilles tendon was going to stretch out and break. Soleus muscle was feeling a stretch that i never felt before only standing in these heels. Once i knew i wasn't going to topple over i began to walk looking for a mirror thus my selfie. The pain for maybe 5 minutes wearing  these heels was torture, is it normal for others for the first time also wearing heels, with this painful experience?

Had plan before i came to the store  was wear these booties out the store when i decided to buy them.  Not wearing heels this high ever in my life and the uncomfortable feeling wearing them in the store wasn't an option. 

After taking them off and checking out i felt a huge relief wearing my block 3"heel wishbone booties. Then the achilles began to hurt really bad again from wearing those Laneige stilettos in the store for a short time.  Hours after wearing them still feel tightness in my achilles is this normal?

Could it be the pitch of the bootie heel is wrong for me and only will give me pain. Should i give these booties a chance or return them because i doubt i could walk comfortably  or stand for any length of time. That is why i didn't want to walk out the store with these booties thinking i wouldn't make it to my parked car.

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have just brought two pairs of Marks and Spencer ankle boots, not a high heel but just perfect for everyday wear, very comfortable and true to size and real leather. Have worn them daily for about a month now with no problems. Have posted a review and got a few likes.

HT_01_T02_7299W_Y0_X_EC_0.jpg

life is not a rehearsal

A while back I bought a pair of almost knee high black velvet boots (the price was right).  The boots have a flat heel and are just comfy for skuffing around.  I also had an old pair of black velvet pants that never did fit.  I cut the legs off the pants and ran them through the sewing machine to make them into leggings and paired them with the boots.  To the casual observer, I now have a pair of crotch high black velvet boots.  Here worn with a 13" mini skirt.

GEDC0392a.jpg.ab800a7a1f7dea051d351bcb38

On 1/17/2016 at 10:37 PM, MackyHeels said:

Bought two booties one RAGS & Bone Harrow in tan Suede 3" block heel

Second bought Calvin Klein LANEIGE on 4.5" stiletto heel. This is my first attempt to wear a stiletto heel in fact did it in the department store on a busy Saturday. Felt the booties were way too narrow. Once i stood up i felt like my achilles tendon was going to stretch out and break. Soleus muscle was feeling a stretch that i never felt before only standing in these heels. Once i knew i wasn't going to topple over i began to walk looking for a mirror thus my selfie. The pain for maybe 5 minutes wearing  these heels was torture, is it normal for others for the first time also wearing heels, with this painful experience?

Had plan before i came to the store  was wear these booties out the store when i decided to buy them.  Not wearing heels this high ever in my life and the uncomfortable feeling wearing them in the store wasn't an option. 

After taking them off and checking out i felt a huge relief wearing my block 3"heel wishbone booties. Then the achilles began to hurt really bad again from wearing those Laneige stilettos in the store for a short time.  Hours after wearing them still feel tightness in my achilles is this normal?

Could it be the pitch of the bootie heel is wrong for me and only will give me pain. Should i give these booties a chance or return them because i doubt i could walk comfortably  or stand for any length of time. That is why i didn't want to walk out the store with these booties thinking i wouldn't make it to my parked car.

FullSizeRender (13).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

The booties in the first picture look terrific. I'm curious though, didn't they come in wide width? That might have solved your problem.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

20 hours ago, JeffB said:

The booties in the first picture look terrific. I'm curious though, didn't they come in wide width? That might have solved your problem.

Thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately they come in one width size 10 US. The problem wasn't the tightness so much. That can be stretched at some point being the material is leather. Yet a half size to small the pain was my achilles being stretched out constantly. Walking or standing was way to uncomfortable. Understand wearing almost 5" heel stilettos takes time to become comfortable. Now i understand and appreciate why women envy others wearing high heels while they can't stand the pain like myself. I'm not shy feeling pain so i can take some discomfort but didn't believe wearing the stiletto 5" heel could manage without seriously damaging my achilles.

Although their my first stiletto heels i ever put on. Wearing 3" block heel isn't a problem, read that someone starting to wear heels should start with lower heel to get use to it. Was told by a pretty SA that any heel over 3" will become more uncomfortable to wear. My only problem besides the pan is any stilleto under 4" doesn't really look good in my opinion. 

Often i observe woman wearing a 3" stiletto heel wondering why bother it doesn't make you look better then same block heel bootie. My two cents is wear heels high, or might as well go home wearing nothing at all. Do understand there is occasions where stiletto works better then a casual block heel. As far as casual everyday wear i'll stick with my block heel booties. Until i find and try my perfect 4" heel stiletto maybe platform form i will be browsing  and following closely at some of our forum galleries posting their booties.

Would be a shame to be unable to wear heels for comfortable feel or bearable amount of time.

http://girl-lab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/science-of-stiletto.html

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/off-with-her-toes-growing-number-of-women-shortening-or-removing-toes-to-wear-high-heels.html

http://womanlyinterests.blogspot.ca/2012/08/high-heels-pumps-and-stilettos.html

Nike-Air-Jordan-11-High-Heels-Black-White-Red.jpg

MackyHeels: A pity you weren't able to make those booties work. Like I said, they look sharp. I can understand the problems associated with wearing five inchers, they take a goodly amount of effort and can be painful if you're not used to them. Speaking for myself, four inchers are pretty much my limit because I do a goodly amount of walking during my outings, so comfort trumps style, heck, even three inchers can look sexy if the shoe is styled right. Good luck to you.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I think 3" stilettos, if the rest of the shoe is attractive, can look just fine. In fact, I saw a young mother in the grocery store last week in 2" kitten heels that looked really cute. So I would advise going with lower heels to get used to stilettos, and slowly build your foot muscles so you can eventually handle higher heels.

Steve

• Like 1