7" High Heels

msus

Like any heel over 4", you should try them out on carpet first (the heel gives better when you are practicing your walk), second while practicing your walk, step forward toe then heel, to avoid falling or "popping" the heel and lastly, do a little at a time, meaning walk around for a couple of minutes to get used to the shoe but take a seat for a little while, roll your ankles around to get them stretched, flex your calf muscles to stretch them out too. As Chris said, practice as much as possible. I remember about 15 years ago when I got my first pair of stilettos (wild pair 5"), I just put them on and started to walk without any regard for my poor ankles...I paid the price, but then again it was a small sacrifice for the feel and beauty of a heel on my feet. :blinkbigeyes: Jamie

Like any heel over 4", you should try them out on carpet first (the heel gives better when you are practicing your walk), second while practicing your walk, step forward toe then heel, to avoid falling or "popping" the heel and lastly, do a little at a time, meaning walk around for a couple of minutes to get used to the shoe but take a seat for a little while, roll your ankles around to get them stretched, flex your calf muscles to stretch them out too.

As Chris said, practice as much as possible. I remember about 15 years ago when I got my first pair of stilettos (wild pair 5"), I just put them on and started to walk without any regard for my poor ankles...I paid the price, but then again it was a small sacrifice for the feel and beauty of a heel on my feet. :blinkbigeyes:

Jamie

I am afraid I disagree here.

The way to walk correctly in high heels is the way it was taught in 'Finishing School' and it has been the same for years and years.

Head up, back straight, tummy in, arms by your side. Walk in small steps (that's the trick) putting your HEEL down first, followed by your toes. Don't look at your feet as you'll over balance - if you put toes down first then you'll end up with foot, hip and back pain and you won't be able to walk properly.

If you look at good, fetish heels videos online - for example 'Pata' at 'Light-Fetish', 'Lady-B' and 'Gina Queen-Of-Heels' - (they all have clips on YouTube) - you will see that all these Diva's walk upright and heels down first in extreme stiletto's.......

...if the heel is bending or 'popping' then the shoe is not high enough quality for walking in - as a good fetish heel will be made with a steel shank along the inside of the arch and a steel shaft down the spike for strength......

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 3 weeks later...