Foot Pain.

blackberry

Question

Does anyone have ideas on relieving the pain I get in the balls of my feet while I'm wearing heels? I have tried wearing platform heels. And while they don't hurt the balls of my feet, no amount of practice makes them easy to walk in. I currently have a pair of "bootie" type shoe that laces and has a 4 inch heel that I LOVE. I have tried putting the "Dr Sholl" type of insole in them but they don't help. Would the "gel" type be any better? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Blackberry

7 answers to this question

I originally tried to go to 4 inch heels immediately after not wearing any heels and couldn't believe how much it hurt my feet. I then discovered that you have to gradually train and strengthen your feet to walk comfortably in high heels. If you spend time gradually walking in heels starting with 3 inches and adding 1/2 inch each month, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll be walking like a pro in heels over 5 inches. There is a physiological limit to heel height based on foot size, but it is definiitely over 5 inches for any adult foot with a reasonble amout of training. Anyone who considers quitting after mastering 4 inch heels is definitely not a true high heel asficiando.

I always use the gel "party feet" inserts and find that they extend walking time dramatically, though there's a limit. A few hours of walking around London shopping in 5" heels does push it, and often on one side more than the other for me due to postural imbalance (my spine is off to the left at the bottom and to the right on the top - not visibly though). If the pain is greater in one side than the other or comes on rather quickly, there may be something going on in terms of posture that is forcing poor weight distribution. In which case, a few months of seeing your local chiro is probably in order.

Many people ofthen say that it is good to start from lower heels and than move contiunously to higher but i dont think it is a must I walk in high heels for many years and i started from high heels of my mother 5" or more and it was no problem to wear them. Higher heels must be worn in different type, you must wear them and move from left to right ond cross your legs if you go for 6 inch pumps or etc if you have good heels theres no pain.