krazykev64

CHOOSE BOTH YOUR FAVOURITE HEEL AND SOLE TYPES  

251 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE BOTH YOUR FAVOURITE HEEL AND SOLE TYPES

• STILETTO HEEL
    • CHUNKY HEEL
    • THIN PLATFORM UNDER 1''
    • THICK PLATFORM OVER 1''

The thinner soles and heels would be my first priority for most choices. However, the quality must also be there, otherwise they won't be as supportive and they tend to become damaged or show deterioration sooner than better made footwear.

Nah, stiletto + thin is the way to go! :cry1:

Amen!

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

My wife and I both agree that Stilletto heels with no platform look great on women and that stacked heels usually look best on men. The only exceptions are that my wife owns one pair of non-stilletto shoes that are high-heeled running shoes with a 4 inch heel and I have one pair of stilletto shoes with a 6 inch heel that I only wear at home when I'm dressed in a corset and seamed stockings for love making.

Although I have a number of platforms I find that non-platforms are better to walk in. Plus (to me anyway) I think a non-platform with a higher heel is better looking. Of course, being a man that wears high heels, I find the look of a wider foot in a typically narrower platform isn't very appealing. Probably why some of my platforms are pumps rather than sandals or mules. Just my thoughts.

Hard to choose. I have a pair of Guess ankle boots with a platform of about ½ inch and stiletto heel. Absolutely love them. They are comfortable and easy to wear for long stretches at a time. I have another pair of boots (can’t remember the brand) that have a 1.5 inch platform, stiletto heel and also very comfortable. Really like these too because I get to pretend I’m tall (I’m 5’ 8” barefoot). Second pair is usually for date nights. I reluctantly choose stiletto heel / thin platform under 1”. As an aside, the boots I generally wear running errands have a clunky heel of about 3.5 to 4 inches and a regular sole.

As some others have, I find this poll a bit hard to complete unless I'm looking at it a bit differently. To me, it depends on what I am doing and for how long, It also depends on how long I am going to be in heels and if I will be sitting or standing a lot. For streetheeling, I prefer a chunky heel of 3.5" or 4" and a boot, prefrably knee-high.. The toe box can be rounded, semi-rounded, or pointed depending on the style of shoe or boot. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have said many times before that I have a small, broad foot - so I much prefer thin soles and high spike stiletto heels - they are far more flattering on my foot and I personally prefer the style. Having said that - I do like platforms with steep arches and thin heels also - such as clear dancer's heels. I have never been a fan of 'chunky' heels.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I really like platforms up to about an inch, but not really any thicker. I bought the boots below from Faith at the start of the year and I love the almond toe and slightly thicker stiletto heel. I'd love something similar but with a slightly higher heel and a half inch platform but so far have not found anything.

post-988-133522898674_thumb.jpg

I don't like a platform over 1/2 inch nor any heel height that I can't walk in for more than 30-45 minutes. For now, that limits me to 6 inch heels although I'm working on a pair of boots with 6 and 1/2 inch heels that I think I will be ready to walk in soon. I work out on a treadmill for at least 1/2 hour per day and sometimes more. I'm determined to eventually be able to wear 7 inch heels without any platform but that may be the limit. I am lucky to be a male with size 10-11 women's shoe US. The larger your foot, the higher heel you can tolerate. My wife has only a size 9 women's. I am really envious of men with larger shoe sizes although I know it gets harder to find decent high heels shoes, the larger your feet.

I am really envious of men with larger shoe sizes although I know it gets harder to find decent high heels shoes, the larger your feet.

Funny that, tons of guys wish the exact opposite.

If you look at the maths too, whcih has often been discussed here many times, you will find that your size 10 foot iin 7" heels will be at the exact same angle as..... lets say for example, a size 5 foot in 5" heels, so the effect is exactly the same, and the rise, per size, is identical, only the smaller foot will have a bigger selection than the bigger sizes :cry1:

Dont quote me on those figures though, those are just a "for example", but the principle is correct. The bigger the foot, the higher it has to be to get the same angle, as a size 10 and a size 5, both in 5" heels will be totally different angles.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!