car stuck in snow wearing heels

metal heel

I haven't got stuck in a car in the snow wearing heels before but I have walked around in the snow wearing 5 inch stilettos! It was a very slippery experience, and also quite amusing!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

My car doesn't wear high heels, but fortunately doesn't have flats either :wink: When I was younger (much) I used to experiment with walking on snow and ice wearing metal tipped 4 inch spike heels. Usually I could dig in the heels and get good traction, but the heels loosened up pretty quickly with that kind of abuse. One time I was wearing a pair of new clogs which had 3 inch thick soles and pretty much flat heels. They were flat, new, smooth, and slippery on the bottom. I went down some carpeted stairs and started sliding down the edges of the steps on those soles. I threw the shoes away so I wouldn't be tempted after the cast came off :D

Been there, done that. Got stuck in the snow/ice at 3am in the morning wearing nothing more inappropriate than a pair of 5 inchers. What made it worse was that the sole was made of leather not rubber so I had no grip at all (I seem to remember). I actually had to abandon the car at the time and walk a few miles (which was a nightmare). Wearing heels (particularly metal tipped ones with leather soles) is NOT a good idea!!! I seem to remember having a sore back for a while after :wink:

• 3 years later...

asked my lady to drive in 5 inch.. the car was stuck at the time. she was a trooper and managed to make it out.. i shoveled though... some. it was my request. she' never wear heels that tall to drive.. let alone when stuck. she drives in flats mainly. RPM

I'm happy to get stuck in anything me!!

We don't get much snow here in the UK - so when we do it's a treat to go driving in it - in VERY high heels of course - and punish the tires with my stiletto heeled right foot!

Thick, slick mud is more common here however - and that's great fun to try and drive in. More often than not - the result is sunken spinning wheels and boggy struggles!!

The soft sands on the beaches near where I live are a traction challenge too!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...