car stuck in snow wearing heels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 metal heel

metal heel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:08 PM

hello anyone ever get their car stuck in snow wearing heels. sitting there gasing it having the tires spinning while wearing heels.

#2 Francis

Francis
  • Members
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:19 PM

got stuck in mud, but not snow! my heels actually helped with gripping the ground under the mud :wink:

#3 Jay1

Jay1
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 10:31 PM

I haven't got stuck in a car in the snow wearing heels before but I have walked around in the snow wearing 5 inch stilettos! It was a very slippery experience, and also quite amusing!

#4 onyourtoes

onyourtoes
  • Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:08 AM

My car doesn't wear high heels, but fortunately doesn't have flats either :wink: When I was younger (much) I used to experiment with walking on snow and ice wearing metal tipped 4 inch spike heels. Usually I could dig in the heels and get good traction, but the heels loosened up pretty quickly with that kind of abuse. One time I was wearing a pair of new clogs which had 3 inch thick soles and pretty much flat heels. They were flat, new, smooth, and slippery on the bottom. I went down some carpeted stairs and started sliding down the edges of the steps on those soles. I threw the shoes away so I wouldn't be tempted after the cast came off :D

#5 High Surprise

High Surprise
  • Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:04 AM

Been there, done that. Got stuck in the snow/ice at 3am in the morning wearing nothing more inappropriate than a pair of 5 inchers. What made it worse was that the sole was made of leather not rubber so I had no grip at all (I seem to remember). I actually had to abandon the car at the time and walk a few miles (which was a nightmare). Wearing heels (particularly metal tipped ones with leather soles) is NOT a good idea!!! I seem to remember having a sore back for a while after :wink:

#6 HHfanatic

HHfanatic
  • Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:23 AM

So you didn`t try to push your car out of the snow, that would be an great thing with high heels on

#7 High Surprise

High Surprise
  • Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:19 PM

Have you tried walking on snow/ice? let alone pushing a car? :wink:

#8 metal heel

metal heel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:51 PM

i sat spinning my wheels like crazy till i got out had the stiletto to the metal.

#9 niceboots

niceboots
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

i sat there stuck in snow wearing heels rocking and reving happens alot here. i have rear wheel drive so i know how that is, trying not to get out of the car and ruin the heels.

#10 johnieheel

johnieheel
  • Members
  • 3,664 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

#11 RPMindy

RPMindy
  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

asked my lady to drive in 5 inch.. the car was stuck at the time. she was a trooper and managed to make it out.. i shoveled though... some. it was my request. she' never wear heels that tall to drive.. let alone when stuck. she drives in flats mainly. RPM

#12 pussyinboots

pussyinboots
  • Members
  • 1,587 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast UK

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

I'm happy to get stuck in anything me!!

We don't get much snow here in the UK - so when we do it's a treat to go driving in it - in VERY high heels of course - and punish the tires with my stiletto heeled right foot!

Thick, slick mud is more common here however - and that's great fun to try and drive in. More often than not - the result is sunken spinning wheels and boggy struggles!!

The soft sands on the beaches near where I live are a traction challenge too!

#13 niceboots

niceboots
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

i have have trouble on wet grass to i'm a realtor so i have parked on wet grass showing a house. it was almost impossble not to spin the wheels

#14 RPMindy

RPMindy
  • Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

why oh why aren't we neighbors!!!!!!!!!

#15 Delimber

Delimber
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

I am in the process of buying a new house, too bad "niceboots" was not my realtor! The realter I got was an odd looking fellow who was forever choking or gagging!

#16 GML-Mausi

GML-Mausi
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

Posted Image

Hey, that's a pretty cool pic!;)