Designer Heel Copies on eBay

spiker

I've found a UK based seller selling copies of designer shoes on eBay. He doesn't claim them to be real, but they're still kind of pricey. Has anyone bought from this shop before?

I think I know what Tech, Dr Shoe et al will think, but some of us just aren't in the market for the genuine article!

Spiker.

I think his prices are taking the piss a little but if they are the same as I saw on the Dagenham market they are well made and can't be faulted for quality.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hmmm...Dagenham Market you say? If I were a little closer to London I'd defintiely pick some of them up. I thought the quality looked OK, but given that you can pick up a well made pair of leather shoes from Leatherworks for less than this it does seem expensive. I do like the look of those Tribute copies though. Spiker.

Clever idea. I'm sure he's buying them from someone on ioffer and getting them shipped to the customer. Come to think of it... maybe it's an enterprising seller from China with a UK contact. I'd rather get ones with the fake branding on them. Dr. Shoe... Were the shoes at Dagenham faked right down to the logos? Spiker... Good point but when it comes to design I think YSL are way ahead of Leatherworks. Have you seen some of the horrific corset lace platforms they make?

Leatherworks aren't a patch on the Laboutines at Dagenham, if you put them side by side you'll see how crude the leatherworks shoes really are. I mean they're fine for the price but they aren't that special.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Spiker... Good point but when it comes to design I think YSL are way ahead of Leatherworks. Have you seen some of the horrific corset lace platforms they make?

Yes - I've not actually bought from Leatherworks, I just thought they had a pretty good reputation on here for quality. Looks like I may be wrong on that front. The YSL Tributes are fantastic - I just can't justify spending £300-£400 for a pair of shoes that will likely never see the light of day!

Leatherworks aren't a patch on the Laboutines at Dagenham, if you put them side by side you'll see how crude the leatherworks shoes really are. I mean they're fine for the price but they aren't that special.

Thanks for that Dr Shoe, if anyone knows about quality it's you. I've just looked back through the whole "Fake Louboutin funds global terrorism" debate and noticed that you paid £70 for some fake Louboutins so maybe £100 isn't too OTT.

I wonder what my local equivalent of Dagenham market would be?

Spiker.

• 2 weeks later...

Clever idea. I'm sure he's buying them from someone on ioffer and getting them shipped to the customer. Come to think of it... maybe it's an enterprising seller from China with a UK contact.

I'd rather get ones with the fake branding on them.

Dr. Shoe... Were the shoes at Dagenham faked right down to the logos?

Spiker... Good point but when it comes to design I think YSL are way ahead of Leatherworks. Have you seen some of the horrific corset lace platforms they make?

If he is acting as a proxy buyer via iOffer then he is taken a risk as I've recently read people buying shoes on iOffer and getting sent a purse. Paying via Paypal also makes things significantly complicated...apparently.

I guess the reason they dont have the YSL branding (in the pictures at least) is to get over the Ebay anti fake stance, as long as you say its YSL "like" then I guess thats the get out clause.

Either way I'd be interested in see what the quality is like, and assuming that the supply is reliable, I'd much order off here than direct with iOffer.

Might be worth keeping track of the seller simply to see if he/she stays around for long.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a pair of YSL tribute too from this seller, The shoes are very accurate and above all the seller is extremely nice and very quick in replying all my questions. If it is in stock you can get it the next day even. I'm one very happy customer.

Probably imported into the UK by Kidderminster Footwear,City Shoes or Arrk Footwear from China. Indeed relatively well made for their Wholesale price of £7.99 + VAT per pair; I think any of you admitting to paying anything than more than say £25 have been taken for a ride!

• 2 months later...

Hi all, My name is Dave and I found this thread doing some website research. I run the eBay shop stated in the thread and would be happy to chat with everyone about shoes :blinkbigeyes: If you would like clarification that I am who I say I am could someone please send me a message on eBay and I can post the message on here to authenticate myself. Look forward to chatting with you all.

I bought a pair of YSL tribute too from this seller,

The shoes are very accurate and above all the seller is extremely nice and very quick in replying all my questions.

If it is in stock you can get it the next day even.

I'm one very happy customer.

Really appreciate the kind feedback. Once I have more posts written I will upload some pictures of what I have in stock at the moment :blinkbigeyes:

I found the "For Sale" forum link so I presume any listings or links will have to be posted via that page.

Dave, Thanks for your posts, why don't you tell us a little bit about your shoes? (Don't get too salesy though else the mods complain.) I'm interested in buying some, but they're still quite expensive (given that they're not actually designer label) so I'd want to know about the quality, materials etc. I'd also like to see those photos when you get to post them, I did feel that was a little lacking in your eBay shop. Spiker.

Dave,

Thanks for your posts, why don't you tell us a little bit about your shoes? (Don't get too salesy though else the mods complain.)

I'm interested in buying some, but they're still quite expensive (given that they're not actually designer label) so I'd want to know about the quality, materials etc.

I'd also like to see those photos when you get to post them, I did feel that was a little lacking in your eBay shop.

Spiker.

Hi Spiker,

Happy to answer any questions, so here we go...

The shoes are made of high quality real leather, patent leather or suede depending on the desin. The build quality and materials are excellent. I did my research on a number of shoe makers and the team I currently use were the best I found.

I can't post any pictures on the forum (might be able to now that I have made a few posts, will double check) or via a gallery (instructed by the admin and we completely understand). I will PM a link to our website so that we don't break any rules. I am happy to update and post additional pictures on request.

I completely agree that the eBay listings are lacking in content. I am updating them all by the end of the week, so please let me know what you think and any other information I should include.

Dave

Hi Spiker,

...I completely agree that the eBay listings are lacking in content. I am updating them all by the end of the week, so please let me know what you think and any other information I should include.

Dave

Dave,

First of all, I'd say include detailed information on the materials used, and where it's leather and where it's man made. Then talk about the construction, particularly if they're not coming from China or Brazil, then you've got a real unique selling point here over most sellers on eBay. Then take some nice high quality pics of each colour with a nice quality background (include the box if it's good quality), something like this. If you can get some attractive female to model the shoes for you then all the better....maybe bribe her with a free pair or two. Put it all together in a high quality web site or eBay listing.

Spiker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I'm new here, and also wondered about all the shoes on the internet, real and fake designerheels. I really love the highest designerheels but paying €500 up to over 1000 for a pair of heels or overknees is just too much for most people I think... But then again are there any good qualitiy copies? Any of you have good experiences with websites/brands that sell not the real stuff but very good quality shoes that are copies of the real or lookalike designs?