Special Arch Heels

BillHeelman

I have an interest in purchasing a pair of special arch heels found on sites such as 6ihf and Arch Enemies. These have a nearly right angle arch and look particularlly appealing to me. I'm most interested in a pair of pumps from 6ihf, style P16SA with a 16cm/6.3 inch heel in a size 13 US. Questions for those who may have worn them: - Are they more difficult to walk in than a routine pair of 6 inch heels? I can handle 6 inch heels without difficulty but I realize a little extra height can make a difference. - Does the special arch make the shoe feel different once your standing? Do you think the arch makes it easier or harder to walk. - Does 6.3 inches mean 6.3 inches? Or is the heel much higher in larger sizes? I once bought a pair of Hollywood Heels advertized as 6 1/4 inches. They ended up being 7 3/4 inches high and as much as I hate to even say this, they were too high to walk in. I felt foolish. Thanks in advance.

I own several pairs of the superarch heels from 6ihf and all I can tell you is that they are completely different in comparison to the cheap 40.00 6 inch heel shoes . They are easy to walk in I wear mine all day , they contour the natural arch of your foot and the heel height is usually close to spec. Hope this helps . Melissa:wave:

When you don't have a credit card 6ihf seems very hard to order from, whereas Archenemies accepts paypal. Plus I still don't understand if a China size is a different sizing system or the same as a European size. For myself I have feet that are a little wider then usual forcing me to get shoes that are larger then they should, making some of them too lose. Archenemies does have a bad rep on this forum from what I gather. Although the one time I ordered a pair of Pleaser shoes from them they were very professional, answered my questions and delivered on time. They do have shoes with the option of standard width or extra width, which is as they have told me an extra size in width but not in length. So a size 13 shoe with a size 14 width. Should be perfect for me, if it weren't that experience has taught me that sizing can be different from brand to brand. I'm willing to spend $50 on a Pleaser or Ellie shoe to see if it fits but $200 seems a bit to much for trial and error.

I've ordered 2 pairs from 6ihf and they are really solid shoes / boots. Far more sturdy than normal size 14 shoes and the increased arch supports the whole foot better than most other shoes I've got. The heels were also bang on the height I ordered. My first pair were a custom job - 5.5 inch block heel leather knee high boots with rounded toes (same shape as their block heel shoes) and they're my favourite to wear with pants as I feel like they're solid enough to run a marathon without being uncomfy. I got them about 3 years ago and I'm not sure why they say they only make them with 4.5 inch heel now. The second pair are special arch 6.3 inch heel pumps and I ordered normal fit but they're a little tight in the toe box. I thought my feet were normal width but maybe they're wide as toe boxes in pumps are always tight on me. So if you think you may be a wide fitting, then I'd order wide. I've also got long toes. They both took about twice as long to make as planned and their communication isn't the best but they did reply after a while and they did send me an email when they shipped them. All in all, I'm delighted with the boots and don't regret buying the pumps - although I can't wear them all night. I may get some more but would order wide fitting

I was lucky, I actually got to try my 6inHF special arch pumps on before I bought them. They are second-hand. I've never owned any "regular" 6 inch heels. I had a pair of 5.5" heels, which were easy to walk in, and these are over 6" and pretty hard to walk in. But I'm a solid 220. I have an Ellie pump that measures well over 6", and they are impossible to walk in (for me at least). It seems that every tiny increment over 5.5", and they're going to require some practice. A LOT of practice, actually. My right toe was injured last year sometime, so my right toe doesn't bend as much as I'd like it to - so I might not be the best person to respond. But if your feet are fine, you should be okay as long as you put in lots of practice if you plan on walking in them. They are such interesting shoes, I am fine just sitting in a chair with them on. And yes, they do feel different. You can feel the arch. I'm wondering why they don't do this for all heeled shoes? It seems like it would support your foot a lot better.

• 3 months later...

Bill - Easy peasy! It's all in the mind..... Butt in. Legs forward and off you go!

Absolutely! The only way to walk in super arch heels is the way it was taught in 'finishing school'!

Take a look at these:

http://users.powernet.co.uk/wingett/Explain.htm

http://users.powernet.co.uk/wingett/images/talons.jpg

With regard to the arch - a super-arch is the 'proper' way for an extreme heel to be designed as they support your foot arch directly underneath your instep, which is how it should be. Other 'straight' arch shoes don't offer this.

You might like to take a look at these two places as well before you buy:

www.burlesqueblue.com

www.la-piazza-highheels.com

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi i'm also interested in getting some special arch heels,i'm just wondering if theres some cheaper ones around? looking for 6-7'' heel . i'll probbaly end up getting some from 6ihf, but i'm just wondering. thanks