Jimmy Choo Peony boots.

astrid

Hi all,

Opinions wanted and welcomed.

I have always had a deep deserve for jimmy choo boots and whilst window shopping in Dublin city centre, I stumbled across a wonderful pair of boots. I have googled them and I am 99% certain that they are the ones below.

http://www.jimmychoo.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=39871

Anyway, after falling in love with them I looked at the sole to see a price tag of €799.00. Is this too much for a pair of boots?

Astrid.

"Is this too much for a pair of boots?" - only if you can't justify the outlay. but seriously, you are paying for a name and a certain level of exclusivity.....I highly doubt they are actually worth that amount on a materials & time cost basis of manufacture, the cost of a "name" comes from the design time / number of pairs to be made..... Too much for me in anyway; i still can't justify £110 on the Vivienne Westwood designed Melissa 3 straps....... Richard

I'll have to agree with Big D... You pay a lot of extra money to get the designer name but as long as you're ok with that and you feel that you've got the money then go for it. I would love to own a pair of Louboutins just to get the feeling of owning a pair of shoes that exclusive and exspensive. With that said I still think that they're way to overpriced based on materials etc. But in my current position I would never buy them because I prefer having food on the table :) The most important thing to ask yourself is "Do I feel that these boots are worth €799 for me?"

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I got lucky, very lucky. Was out and about shopping one day and went into a designer shoe shop that was closing down. I got a pair in there for silly money, €160 or something like that. The shop owner was really nice to me and was happy to get anything for them because she was shutting shop in a matter of days. I posted about it in more detail on the forum last year.

On fit, I find them fantastic. You notice the quality when you put them on compared to any other boots I own and I have spent €150 or so on plenty of pairs of boots. I have posted links to mine from my album below. The heel height is really nice for me but its my limit to be honest. I only wear them in-house. I dont want to ruin them and the heels would get worn really quickly if I wore them out and about.

However, much as I love them, I couldnt justify spending €799 on them. They are worth €300.00 max, in my opinion.

How are you finding yours?

Astrid.

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1899

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1901