"Those are beautiful shoes !!"

SF

Everyone -- I had an experience a few weeks ago that I have to share. First a little background. I have been wearing hh sandals in public for about 10 years. For the most part, folks don't notice, and those who do just look/stare for a bit and that's it. A few weekends ago, I was walking thru the parking lot of a major mall, heading for Macy's. I was wearing a pair of Vaneli "Merlion" sandals. I got these sandals about 2 years ago at Marmi's shoes. They are a very unique (at least to me) sandal, they have a 2 inch kitten heel - I wish it were more chunky - and are sort of a combination of a thong, T-strap, and ankle wrap sandal, all in one. They're a bit more fem than most of my other sandals - because of the heel - but I like the style so much that I wear them a lot. As I was walking thru the parking lot a car passed me with two folks inside, a man (driving) and a female passenger - both in their 40's. When the car passed, the lady seemed to be saying someting to the driver, and the car slowed, as the lady looked at me in the rear view side mirror. The car drove a few more feet then stopped, near the entrance to the Macy's. I thought that man was letting the lady out to go to the store. Instead she stayed in the car and looked at me in the mirror as I approached. I was a bit nervous that she was going to heckle or make some type of comment. As I approached, she looked at me and asked, Where did you get those shoes, they are wonderful! She was all smiles, and seemed friendly. I told her where I bought them, and the three of us began a very interesting conversation. She said that she has never seen such "wonderful" shoes, and continued to rave on, saying that my shoes were "beautiful." As I told her where I got the sandals, she said that they looked great on me. I thanked her and said that I enjoy wearing hh sandals, and it probably looks strange seeing a guy in heels. She said don't worry, you look great! Even her male companion looked at me and gave me the "high" sign. After about 5 minutes, we parted ways and I went into the store. Over the years, I have had folks comment on my shoes, but this was by far the most enjoyable experience. I can only hope the lady finds a similar pair for herself. Bottom line, wearing heels in public ain't all bad !!! See ya, SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

It's always a wonderful feeling when a woman gives such a nice compliment on your choice of footwear. Just adds that extra boost the day really needs to make it all the more enjoyable. I'm happy you had such a wonderful experience, SF! May they keep on coming! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

SF:-) Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing it with us all. It just goes to show that you never know just what people are thinking until they stop you and tell you their thoughts. Please let us know if a similar incident happens again to you when wearing heels out and about. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

DeSalto, Yes those are the ones. Vaneli Merlion sandals. I would have posted a picture myself but I am not that "technical." My sandals are black. When that style came out about two years ago, they came in bone (off white), navy blue and brown. I really like the style, it is a very unique looking sandal - in my opinion. If I get any more reaction or comments, I will post a message. I wear the sandals all the time. Take care all.... SF

SF, those are gorgeous sandals! No wonder you got such a wonderful complement. The woman you met must have a keen eye for shoes. When I get the (rare) complement, I consider it the "Holy Grail" of heeling. Glad you had such a wonderful experience.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 month later...

Well...... About a week after my encounter with the lady who was very complementary towads me and my hh sandals, I again received another complement, but this time it was from a guy. I was walking out of a local store, wearing my Vaneli Merlion sandals when a car parked in front of the store with a lone male driver inside. I walked to my car and as I was getting inside, he asked me if my shoes were comfortable. I was suprised since I did not think that he had noticed my shoes. I smiled and said yes, they were comortable, expecting that he was going to make some sort of negative comment. He then asked if the sandals were "girls shoes." I said yes, and said that it may seem odd to see a guy in heels, but I wear heels most of the time in warm weather. The guy then said that he thinks it is "really cool" that I wear "girl's shoes" and that my shoes looked really "cool." He must have said four or five times that he thought a guy wearing girls shoes was really cool. I told him thanks for his complements and went on my way. Since my first post I have continued to wear the same sandals in public almost daily. So far these are the only comments, most of the time folks - men and women - look for a moment and maybe smile, but for the most part that is the extent of any interaction. See ya, SF

What a wonderful experience!. I am a heel user wannabe (yet) but had a similar experience some years ago I bought a very nice pair of flat maryjanes, and every single time I worn those I got compliments on how nice they looked on me.