How long do you wear heels each day?

Nina

Hi there, How long do you typically wear heels each day - like when you put them on first thing in the morning, through your working day etc until you take them off again? It's just that I worry that I wear them too long sometimes. Not that I am experiencing any problems - it would just be nice to know what all you others do! I often wear four inch plus stilettos for at least ten hours every day. Nina.

Typically I wear heels for 8 to 10 hours a day.I dont stand or walk in heels for that amount of time.If Im going out after work I bring another outfit and shoes to change into, but usally its another pair of heels.

From the moment I leave for work until I get back in the evening. After I get home i usually wear sandals or mules a more open shoe. For the office i select more formal shoes instead of casual heels. Cheers kitty

I am usually in mine all day , but I dont have to do a whole lot of walking I am always in meetings. In the evening I tend to either go with the same height which is usually 5.5 inch or 6.3 inch . I could say that I wear my heels from morning to night. And P.S none of my shoes have plats!!

A lot of you seem to wear them for a long time every day! I thought that maybe I was wearing mine for excessively long periods.... I don't get any real foot pain other than the tops of my toes if I'm wearing nylons in pointy shoes - my toes tend to slide further into the point. Anyone get that problem? I don't want to start wearing gel pads - I hate them! 6inforever, that's amazing that you wear heels that high all day - I admire you! May I ask what size of shoe you take (UK)? I take a size 7 or 7½ but could only wear six inch heels for a few hours.... I will practise though. I often wear the same shoes day in, day out, so I tend to wear them out fairly quickly. Maybe that's what I need to do with the really high heels, so that the shoes will shape themselves to my feet better. M:a, that's a shame about not being able to wear heels to work, so I hope you wear them lots and lots at the weekend!

My feet would be a little sore after 16 hours Don't think i have been up that long walking anyday :)

I have been wearing high heels since I was 15 (on a daily basis), Now I wear 5inch to work every day. Usually I dont take them off when I get home. My feet are in perfect health :)

I'm not able or allowed to wear heels at work so I use them on my days off and when I'm going out.

Ouch... I would not work there...

Ouch... I would not work there...

Well, crocs are better for running around in the building every time the alarm goes off on any of the other divisions. When it might be a matter of life or death I prefer to be able to run like hell to help someone :)

Buuuut, walking around in heels all day would be pretty awesome :)

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

How long do I wear heels each day? I put them on in the morning when I get up and take them off when I go to bed. I leave them next to the bed in case I have to get up in the night for anything. I keep flats in the car for driving but I can't actually walk in them. So I guess it depends how long I'm up for and how far I'm driving, what time I get up, oh and whether or not I've been lounging on the sofa or in the bath. :)

Well, crocs are better for running around in the building every time the alarm goes off on any of the other divisions. When it might be a matter of life or death I prefer to be able to run like hell to help someone :)

Buuuut, walking around in heels all day would be pretty awesome :)

I guess that you work in the hospital? I dont think I would wear high heels there either :)

Good thing you can wear them when you go out then

good question. if the days get shorter i wear them at night.:) ok. amanda snaked it all. i start in the morning (exept if i go from my bed the few meters to the pool, then i am on tiptoes) and wear them as long as necessary. sometimes i wear new ones during the night to break them in. sometimes, if i am very tired and my shoes are very tight or otherwise difficult to remove, i sleept with them on my feet. and, yes, i do know that it is not a good idea. sometimes, if i am not alone at night i also prefer to have my toes covered and wear them in bed too. good?

Thanks for all the replies! I'm not wearing heels excessively then, it appears - glad you all wear them for long, long stretches every day! I have done a forty hour or so stint one time, falling asleep in them etc, and my feet were fine. Those were "only" four inch, but I could do that in fives no problem if they fitted well. Maybe I will soon! I have only a couple of favourite pairs at the moment and they get worn twelve to sixteen hours a day, maybe wearing one pair three days in a row and the other pair the rest of the week - it just depends! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wear my heels from when I get dressed in the morning to when I go to bed at night. I often change into a different pair of heels when I get home from work just for the feel of fresh shoes. I'm almost 23 and I've been wearing since I was 15. I try to look after my feet and so far haven't had any problems. Abi xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I wear high heels every day. Starting when I get up, till I go to bed. I mean approximately 16-18h a day. I change shoes during day, but I still wear high heels. Kiss Sab

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !

You are all amazing, and I thought I was unusual in wearing heels for such a long time. I suppose though that in the world beyond HHP we are all rather exceptional. My daily wear varies, and I tend to wear 4"-4.5" if I have to do a lot of walking around town, so many streets these days aren't very heel-friendly. It's not so much the height that's a problem as keeping heels out of the gaps in the small paving that we have so much of nowadays. Lower heels make it a bit easier, and I don't want to wreck the heels on my lovely high shoes either! I'm sometimes involved in arts events where I am quite likely to be in 5.5" for 10-12 hours, and a lot of walking as well. More often when I'm working I don't have to walk or stand too much so 5.5"-6" are the norm, though I always drive in bare/stockinged feet. Today though I've been dashing around town and at home on my feet and wearing some very pretty 2" kitten heeled sandals. My feet were so sore that I've had to change into some strappy 5.5" heels to rest them! I feel so much better now. :) It's good to see so many younger women keeping the heel tradition alive.

I wear high heels daily at work & play lol heel hight range from 4 to 6" 9hrs normally, my shoes size is uk 3 and 4 and i have developed bunions and i get corns,drs said its from my footwear choice,i like high heels and after 16 years of wearing them i cant give up now lol Sharon.

shaz