(online)shopping inspiration - heels for men

boots4ever

let´s collect links & pics of heels for men in (online)shops - two rules to follow:

#1 - please don´t post heels that could be worn by men, but are oversize & listed in the women´s category (pleasers & co)

#2 - men´s shoe sizes must be available

here are some of my findings:

1.) upscale rick owens boots @ luisa via roma.....

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=M072&des=&cat=0&gender=men&group=shoes&vendorColor=OQ==&season=actual&seasProdID=50I

2.) the timeless winklepickers cuban heel booties - always a good point to start with.....

http://www.underground-cybershop.co.uk/acatalog/winklepicker_boots.html

3.) caboots.com 3 1/2`` upgrade for all cowboy boots.....

http://caboots.zoovy.com/c=uGrFAP3BAq5YsSEARe8bYfqCZ/category/12x7/

4.) be kinky & show the extra inches with archie eyebrows....

http://www.archieeyebrows.co.uk/collection.htm

5.) dress to impress with ysl boots.....

http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Men/Shoes/Business/P-Jonny-Boot-Betis.aspx

Boots4ever, It is a good idea. The YSL and Archie's I own already and they are just superb - pricey, but still superb. I have only had compliments when wearing them and also many "where did you get those" too. I also have a pair of the underground winklepickers. These are the least comfortable and I think they are not good value for money. They run one size small, the leather is very plasticy and the sole/heel is a one piece rubber moulding. Really strange to walk on as the heel really absorbs the contact shock. Would be really quiet if it wasnt for the "slap" of the sole. No I don't like these shoes and regret having spent my money on them (although not as much as your site charges) and wouldn't recommend them. Whilst I may be tempted by the Rick Owens offerings, I am not such a fan of wedges and the price ensures I will not be buying these anytime soon. They just dont look good enough to me to justify the price. Some of his other boot designs I would certainly go for, but not these. Never found RO shoes for sale on the net before. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

boots4ever,

the only example you've shown that I would wear is the rick owens wedges. they look quite interesting, but the others all look too odd to me, probably because i anticipate how they'd look with my work skirts.

sorry to not have any input to this, other than my opinion.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Hi,

There are additional two that i'm aware of:

6.) The John Fluevog boots --> http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w[0]=attribute%3AMens&w[1]=order%3Afresh&pp=3&view=detail&p=21&colourID=2456

7.) The ones from 6ihf --> http://www.orientvisual.com/6inchforever/bootsframes.htm

There has been a lot of discussion about all these in various threads in this forum before.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

K6PS, Interesting they use the Gucci 6.5 ad with the gucci parts removed. I would treat this with some scepticism. Having said that, it is another resource. Simon.

The only thing is they are so expensive, take the YSL boots. You could get ones that look exactly like these in any high-street store. Ok they may be "designed for women" but as long as they fit and look the same then there's no reason to spend hundreds. I personally would love to walk into any shoe store and find boots like the YSL boots available in the "men's" section but I couldn't justify spending a fortune to get them when I can get the same/similar thing in cheaper. Also I take a size 5 UK, so I couldnt even get any of these as they start at 6/7 and upwards. I personally think designers need to release cost effective versions of these styles for men, then you may see more men embrace wearing heels. I personally wear block heel boots from 2-3 inches most days casually, to University and even to my part time work and its just become part of my style and I get no negative comments. Some guys even ask where they can get similar boots, so I think designers really need to start doing cost effective versions for the idea to take off.

FKA, Indeed, that is what is required. However, it is not just about designers, the manufacturers have to be on board too. There will be plenty of designers who have similar offerings to the YSL, Gucci and Archie Eyebrow shoes on the drawing board, but whilst sales of these remain niche, and none of the fashion mags prompte the cban heel, then no manufacturer will take the plunge to do a sensibly priced alternative. The cheapest is the Archie's at £175 for a real properly made leather shoe, but that is still a lot to lay out. It depends on you( and by you I meananyone reading this), just how much to you want to wear cuban heeled mens shoes - not womens shoes, but mens shoes. It means you wear them without all the mind games/guilt trip you go on when wearing a womans shoe, no matter how masculine it looks. That is until you have finally conquered your own mind as has Kneehighs, HappyFeat, JeffB etc. etc.. For those who's partner will not tollerate you wearing anything that is a womens shoe, then this really is the only alternative that will be acceptable because it is made for men. I know, this is my position. So for me it was worth saving the money I used to spends on heels from ebay and the like and it didn;t take long before I had the YSL and Archies in my hands. No regrets on spending the money - worth every penny especially when my scpetical wife came into YSL with me when I purchased the Jonny boots and then loved them. Simon.

K6PS,

Interesting they use the Gucci 6.5 ad with the gucci parts removed. I would treat this with some scepticism. Having said that, it is another resource.

Simon.

Oops, i wasn't aware of the Gucci's. Thanks for info :)

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 4 months later...

I already have a pair of ankle boots that look exactly like these except that mine don't have the platform or the loop at the back above the heel. The pair I have are made by Nine West, have 4 ½" wedge heels and cost only $214.95 when my wife bought them on sale for me last spring.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I already have a pair of ankle boots that look exactly like these except that mine don't have the platform or the loop at the back above the heel. The pair I have are made by Nine West, have 4 ½" wedge heels and cost only $214.95 when my wife bought them on sale for me last spring.

Sure, i'm not saying that we should all buy that :cry1: but just pointing out the curious fact that these particular ones are designed and sold for MEN.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Sure, i'm not saying that we should all buy that :cry1: but just pointing out the curious fact that these particular ones are designed and sold for MEN.

...but in a sense i agree that they look a bit too ordinary for designer shoes of that price. Actually i liked the F/W'09 version with back zipper a bit more..

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a pair of the underground winklepickers. These are the least comfortable and I think they are not good value for money. They run one size small, the leather is very plasticy and the sole/heel is a one piece rubber moulding. Really strange to walk on as the heel really absorbs the contact shock. Would be really quiet if it wasnt for the "slap" of the sole. No I don't like these shoes and regret having spent my money on them (although not as much as your site charges) and wouldn't recommend them.

I've only just noticed this comment. I invariably respect Tb2's taste and views but for once I do not entirely agree with him. I have the Underground zip-sided 'Marlon' boot in size UK11 as in my avatar (although I think Tb2 has the very similar 'Fred' elastic-sided version). Both can be seen at http://www.underground-cybershop.co.uk/acatalog/mens_winklepicker_boots.html

I agree that the leather is a little stiff (but appears hard-wearing) and that this, combined with the size running a little small and the pointed toe, made some stretching and breaking-in necessary before they were comfortable, but it did not take long. I am happy enough wearing them for hours at a time and, even if the heel shape and material produces a slightly strange feel when walking, I don't find that a problem. (I cannot comment comparatively as I have nothing else truly similar to wear at present, alas.)

As an intro to cuban heels with a nice retro look, I think they serve their purpose. I would however recommend going a size larger; they do go up to UK13 and some outlets discount them a little below the Underground price.

Let me correct a typo that I just noticed (long after the "edit" feature expired......

The price paid for my boots was $24.95 and not $214.95, as shown. (Not that I wouldn't pay $214.95 for a pair ....but, highly unlikely.....)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Found similar looking boots from Aldo Shoes on sale for $70... (in women's size)

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/ankle-boots/76903919-kunz/96

(I know the quality is not the same. They are not made in Italy. But so what ?)

Why do we have to pay 10 times more for "men's size" hh boots ?

Again, double standards...

Found similar looking boots from Aldo Shoes on sale for $70... (in women's size)

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/women/boots/ankle-boots/76903919-kunz/96

(I know the quality is not the same. They are not made in Italy. But so what ?)

Why do we have to pay 10 times more for "men's size" hh boots ?

Again, double standards...

Problem is, speaking from experience, their size US11/UK9 is actually an EU42/UK8, and not a genuine Size UK9/US11, so you might find many people say their sizes run small, when in fact, their sizes arnt small, they are just labelled incorrectly.

Also, its not a double standard, its about cost of manufacturing.

They can make for example, 1 million pairs of UK size 7, knowing they will sell pretty much all of them, yet they know that if they make 1 million pairs in size UK10+, they wont sell anywhere near as many, thus the sales vs cost of manufacturing ratio is different, which is why the prices are higher, or something like that.

Manufacturing products that sell far less than mainstream will always bring higher prices because there isnt that level of volume being sold to keep costs down, if I'm not mistaken?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!