7, 8 and 8 inches + ballet boots/pony boots/etc.

Heels_4_Ever

Hi folks, id like both girls and guys view on this please! Well ive reached that stage now where im almost ready to tackle the ballet style heels/boots, im just a bit confused as to the fact about heels height. I want to go as high as possilbe but many listings list the heels at 7 or 8 inches, i want the highest (naturally) and dont wan the disapointment of buying a pair only to find that they are 7 inches when other styles are 8 inches as standard! (this is all without a platofrm btw but if anyone knows of any with platforms/hidden platforms then feel free to mention it but be sure to say wether it is or not!) so please could you help me out and give me a few suggestions/links, in UK sizes, about a UK 9 and obviously in £'s altho i might consider overseas if the price for me is right. For now its either shoes or boots if boots then no overknees for now please! Also, obviously i do plan on walking in these so they do have to be strong enough to walk on, ive read posts on here about ballet style heels breaking ot not being designed to be walked on so make sure they can be walked on please! Your own experience would be handy too if you have any of these! Many thanks, keep heeling guys and gals!

Heels_4_Ever

Well this how I see it;

The actual height of the heel will vary depending on your shoe size; shoes from different makers will probably be about the same. You've only got a couple of options for true ballet heels;

Devious http://www.pleaserusa.com/showcase/ProductSearch.asp; quite steep, good curve to the last, slim heel shaft, see my pair attached UK 9, height to back of heel 8" though listed as 7" on various sites

Punitiv http://www.punitiveshoes.com/database/ballets/catalogue_ballet.shtml - Wanda, Gwendoline, Justine, Emmanuelle; not seemingly so steep, flatish last, more substantial heel shaft. I've had a pair of Emmanuelle, thought they were sloppy (length was fine but too large around the foot)

Punitive - Nike; these are advertised as the "comfortable" ballet heel, i'm guessing they are not as steep as the ones above but it is not clear from the photos on the web site.

There are some frighteningly expensive ones available through Marquis http://www.marquis.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?products_id=749 - they look gorgous but way out of range of my pocket.

I would suggest your best bet is Devious,

post-612-13352288883_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522888848_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522888849_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522888851_thumb.jpg

For Heels 4 Ever, I don't have any ballet heels but do like very high heels, 50% of my shoes are 6.5-8.5". The 8.5" in a size 12 US or larger is the highest readily available heel in the United States. I do know of one other shoe I'e thought about getting: a black wedge-heel platform sandal sold by crossdressusa.com it has a model number of 0457 I believe and has a 9" heel but is special order and NONRETRUNABLE so you'd really have to be at the store in NYC to get a good fit. I'd suggest either lapiazza-highheels.com or estresmodes.com both are custom shoemakers in Europe, the first is in Germany and the second in Spain. They both have extremely sexy shoes but those prices (and the European taxes) are quite high. But hey CAN make you a heel all the way to 16"!! Good luck.

hey folks sorry for the late reply been working i kinda have my eyes on the DEVIOUS BALLET-1025 with the padlock, any idea if they are 7 or 8 inches in a UK 9? I will also check out the other sites you guys have mentioned, budget depending, any other advice guys and gals?

hey folks sorry for the late reply been working i kinda have my eyes on the DEVIOUS BALLET-1025 with the padlock, any idea if they are 7 or 8 inches in a UK 9? I will also check out the other sites you guys have mentioned, budget depending, any other advice guys and gals?

As far as I know, the padlocks are decorations and do not actually lock the boots on. The strap has Velcro under it and comes off whether locked or not.

This is not from experience, but from descriptions of others, so may be wrong. Does anyone know for sure?

My US 11 (~UK 9) are in storage but I believe they're 8 1/4 inches straight down at the back. I can't remember though if that's 8 1/4 before or after taking 1/4 inch off to balance them out better.

Maybe you should ignore this entire post...