Has anyone seen THESE before?

Saturn

Actually, I am afraid they absolutely would not. For that ultra thin steel heel + toebox in a quality shoe (which is necessary to make it resistable inspite of that elegantly formed but ultra thin and high heel- we had some similar tests before where the heel would extremely bend and break when walked otherwise) it would not be possible to offer them at a low price. and a balletshoe is still something the most would not ever wear outdoor or for long, - there would be only few which would pay that for just a posing-shoe. but one still cannot offer a shoe where the heel would not survive when walked some steps e. g. by a ballet-boot-beginner. there have been several quality-balletheel manufacturers but it seems only the really cheap ones are interesting for the market.

• 2 months later...

hi Saturn. Surfing her site ( wow!!!!) i read that is a pair of "normal" ankle ballet boot that she modified to look that way. Wanderful result!!.

That is what I see in some of the closeups -- a ballet boot with a fake pointed toe built on to the front. I believe on the inside, they're ordinary ballet boots -- if any ballet boot can be considered ordinary.

:)

Pata, I really like the look of those.

I do find balletboots are generally so ugly to look at especially those snub toes.

I think if I were ever to have a go at wearing such shoes then they would have to be something along those lines.

Where are they from?.

Wow, fantastic! Not nearly as elegant as Patas, but cool to see they're actually out there. As with many ballet heels, still out of my price range... and with these, it's REALLY blowing my wallet out of the water. Over $400 USD for these. I couldn't justify the purchase because I could buy a dozen other styles for that price, decent quality at that.

They write there that they are their own hand made, so, though I think them less elegant than mine, I wrote them asking if those boots would be possible in blue leather. Unfortunatly no answer untill now... But I confess, I do not think either, that THAT price would be ok (for me) for those shoes.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pata, those are amazing!!!

May I PM you for more info on those and perhaps some help in making/buying a pair for my girlfriend? Many thanks!

Pata has not been active on here for the last seven months. This thread is nearly three years old.