Heels and blue toes!

ilovemyheals

Question

9 answers to this question

Not being a girl, I don't know. But when I ask girls whether their feet are cold, because they are usually exposed or bare, they usually say "no."

i dont know either but if you wanna know what really cold toes feel like try going fishing on a concrete pier in the middle of winter wearing a pair of steel toe cap wellys. no sock on this planet will keep ya tootsies warm. i know as i done it. never again.;):mecry:;)

i dont know either but if you wanna know what really cold toes feel like try going fishing on a concrete pier in the middle of winter wearing a pair of steel toe cap wellys. no sock on this planet will keep ya tootsies warm. i know as i done it. never again.;):mecry:;)

Rather than miss out on your fishing trips you can now get heated socks to keep your feet lovely and warm while you sit their fishing I understand that the battey lasts for many hours so should last the session

Regards

Billy

Blue toes from wearing heels? That's a "strange!" Appears to me that there is more to your blue toes than cold weather. Improper blood circulation in your feet, perhaps?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I hate it when i go out on the tiles and round about 2 o clock my toes look blue and bending them is so painfull!!

Why do we do it to our selfs girls x

Blue toes from wearing heels? That's a "strange!" Appears to me that there is more to your blue toes than cold weather. Improper blood circulation in your feet, perhaps?

I'm inclinded to agree with Bubba, Ilovemyheals. Thanks to the meds I now have to take to fight cancer, I've lost quite a bit of feeling in my feet, which is part of why I can no longer wear heels as I once did. However, the huge difference between you and me is that I know why I have lost feeling in my feet. I would suggest that you pay a visit to a competent doctor for a check-up. There seems to be something going on that you need to know more about. ;)

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

It seems as if you may have poor circulation in your feet, or either they are just really cold at about 2 o'clock. However, you stated that they hurt when you bend them. This could be caused by a bunch of different things, but I will post here about themost prevalent three. 1. Poor circulation. Standing in the altered position of high heels, you are placing more of your weight on the balls of your feet, thereby causing the larger blood vessels in your feet to become constricted. You can usually help to aleviate this by adding a gell insert into your heels. They give the foot a softer place to lie than the sole of the shoe, and also help to relieve strain placed on the ball of your feet. 2. Cold. Simply put, get a thick pair of hose or something to cover your feet while wearing your heels at 2 o'clock. 3. a tendon issue. You could have a stretched, perforated, torn, microtorn, inflammed, or overcontracted tendon. All of these conditions should be checked out by a doctor. You should try different stretching exercises for your feet if you have been determined to have one or more of these issues. Have a wonderful day. McKailah

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

I'm with Bubba, Guy N. Heels, and Mckailah. Among other things, I'm a sports trainer, with emphasis in physiology and diet. I keep current reading periodicals, papers, and as much related medical information as I can. Cold feet is actually quite common. It's probably not caused by your heel were, but rather by either your exercise, diet, or a combination. Diet: Take what you learned in grade school and throw it out the window. What we humans need is a wide variety of (many colors) fruits, grains, and vegetables, along with a variety of, but a much smaller amount of, meats. To keep costs down, make use of the "price per" section of the stickers. Very low-cost but high-yield additions to my diet include bulk long-grained/wild rice and oatmeal. Both wheat and corn have been known to cause joint problems, but oatmeal doesn't. It's tolerated better than other grains containing gluten (nearly all of them), but it still contains gluten. As for meats, use that "price per" to find canned salmon that's as cheap as you can find. It's much higher in the good stuff (Omega-3's) than canned tuna, and almost as cheap (within about ten percent) for the loss leaders. Plus, I think it tastes better! Other lean meats, in moderation (less than 1/5th of your total food volume), will round out your diet. Back to circulation... Exercise! We humans require two types: Cardio and Strength. Cardio is simply getting your heart rate into your training range for half an hour, three times a week. Strength involves using all your muscles to about 80% of your max the other two days a week. Strength is absolutely critical to health, for a variety of reasons, mainly because exerting that effort, not found in cardio, produces a bounty of various chemicals throughout your body which help to both heal it and re-grow various tissues. Don't overdo it, though, as joint injuries caused by lifting too much, too soon, aren't fun, and will affect you as long as you live. My injury-free approach is to use Nautilus equipment, lifting ridiculously light loads 20 times before resting 1 min and putting the pin in the next heaviest load. I keep doing that until I can't lift the load 20 times anymore. Then I reduce the load by two pin holes and lift 20 times. I repeat that for every station. It takes between an hour and and hour and a half, but it's well worth it! As for cardio, anything that gets your heart into your training range for half an hour, three times per week, is usually pretty good. I would avoid highly repetitive motions, however, as some ellipticals have been known to result in RSI (repetitive stress injuries) similar to carpal tunnel syndrome - not fun. If your toes are still cold after a month of appropriate diet, aerobic, and strength exercise, by all means, see your doctor! By the way, congratulations, all, as the above info is worth about $500. :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Just like another member said..sounds like poor circulation. Hairy feet on males is a sign of good circulation in the feet..

Not necessarily true. I have hairy feet and I suffer from cold feet. If I don't wear socks to bed, I can't sleep and my wife complains about the chill. I am a long distance runner and have been for many years. It still hasn't helped my cold feet issue. While running they warm up fine but when I'm done and cool off, my feet really cool off.