Small feet / High Heels

High Surprise

Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?

Yeah, exactly. I find myself extremely comfortable in 5" heels. In 6" heels, I can walk comfortably, so no problems with that. But for some reason, the 7" and on, including ballet heels are tough for me. I'll wobble more frequently, but I still able to walk with 7". Ballet heels, forget it. I tried my friend's ballet and don't know how she can walk in them. I'll just wear it to bed, heehee.

I have never really cared for the styling of ballet heels, even for bedtime. In fact, they are a bit of a turn off when I have seen others wearing them. I've have had 7" stilettos without platforms on and they positioned my feet way over my upright limit so that I couldn't stand up unless I was holding on to something. They would have been stylish substitions for the starting blocks in running races.

My heeling has been more successful with the height of 6", but here again it depends on how much heel and arch support is designed in the sloped construction of the heels I'm wearing. With 6 inchers, it is hard to keep my legs in a totally vertical profile and it is a bit like moving on stilts, but I do have some heel to toe mobility while not having to rely on other fixtures or crutches to keep balanced.

At heights less than 6", I present a greater degree of gracefulness and comfort heeling. I may have some heels less than 4", but after getting familiar and comfortable with the higher heels, the lower ones are left behind more.

I've have had 7" stilettos without platforms on and they positioned my feet way over my upright limit so that I couldn't stand up unless I was holding on to something. They would have been stylish substitions for the starting blocks in running races.

My heeling has been more successful with the height of 6", but here again it depends on how much heel and arch support is designed in the sloped construction of the heels I'm wearing. With 6 inchers, it is hard to keep my legs in a totally vertical profile and it is a bit like moving on stilts, but I do have some heel to toe mobility while not having to rely on other fixtures or crutches to keep balanced.

At heights less than 6", I present a greater degree of gracefulness and comfort heeling. I may have some heels less than 4", but after getting familiar and comfortable with the higher heels, the lower ones are left behind more.

I find quite the opposite with my husband. He loves me wearing extremely high heels in bed...he likes the way they emphasise the shape of my legs. His favourites are 6" mules....and 8" thigh-high ballet boots.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

pussyinboots, As long as your content with wearing ballet heels for whatever the reason, then I wish you the best. I haven't been able to enjoy the view that ballet heels present, especially when I combine my thoughts with the proccess of what people have endured to stand on their tip toes in point shoes so that they can perform in the art of ballet dancing. I know people choose to be ballet dancers and I applaud them for undertaking such a grueling discipline, but for me the extreme height limit for heels should be less than the length between the back of the foot's contact on a standing flat surface to the beginning of the ball joints of the toes. There are those who can exceed this limit, because of their ankle and foot construction, but it places the ankle more forward than the ball joints of the toes, thus needing almost the same discipline of a ballerine to support their weight for any type of extended heeling period. Of course, if the ballet heels are just for bed ware, none of the above stress matters.

• 2 months later...

I've voted yes. Simply because I think all (women's, as far as I see it) feet look fantastic in the right pair of heels. That said, it's pretty obvious that with smaller feet, it's sometimes easier to get a spectacular effect, especially to the arch. WobbleFan

• 4 weeks later...

like few answered before, I think size doesn't matter as long as the proportion is the same/the arch/angle of the foot the same. So if large feet would reach their (to my opinion most elegant) vertical position of the foot in a 5" heel, someone with very small feet would get this already with a 4" heel, and therefor look the same and is the same challenge to walk in for both.... So a woman with very small feet would even with lots of training maybe never be able to stand up straight in a 6 or 7" heel just because of the size of the foot, and someone with very large feet would reach her limit maybe at 7 or 8"... So size to me doesn't matter I think, as long as the proportion is good. As I'm a long nail lover, this proportion of the naillength vs width is about the same I think (3-4 times longer than that the nail is wide I think is most elegantly long, however I like extreme naillengths also:yummy:) ; a girl with very large hands and large wide nails/nailbeds should wear her nails much longer to get the right proportion of the nails/nice long shape compared with a girl with tiny little hands and nails/nailbeds. Greetz Roberto

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good discussion, In general, there is a directly relation between the size, the waist of last and heigh of heel.

For example, the perfect armony for me is the 5,5" last. we don´t make 5,5" of real high heel because we used this table to improve the aesthetic of the shoes or boots.

This is our heigh table we used it.

size 35Eu to 37Eu 12.5cm (4.9")

size 38Eu to 40Eu 13.5cm (5,3")

size 41Eu to 43Eu 14,5cm (5.7")

size 44Eu to 46Eu 15,5cm (6.1")

link

I am a shoemaker from 22years ago. I am the thrid generation of shoemakers. This is my personal opinion May be could not the correct way for all the people but it is the best proportion I would like.

This is a good discussion, In general, there is a directly relation between the size, the waist of last and heigh of heel.

For example, the perfect armony for me is the 5,5" last. we don´t make 5,5" of real high heel because we used this table to improve the aesthetic of the shoes or boots.

This is our heigh table we used it.

size 35Eu to 37Eu 12.5cm (4.9")

size 38Eu to 40Eu 13.5cm (5,3")

size 41Eu to 43Eu 14,5cm (5.7")

size 44Eu to 46Eu 15,5cm (6.1")

link

I am a shoemaker from 22years ago. I am the thrid generation of shoemakers. This is my personal opinion May be could not the correct way for all the people but it is the best proportion I would like.

I LOVE your website. I have sent you a Private Message.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

To Taconxxl: I understand about the 5.5"(14cm) that they would be little lower in smaller sizes and little higher in bigger sizes. That keeps the same proportions/arch. I love your website by the way, many very pretty shoes! Those 5.5"ers are almost perfect I think. (accordign to your table in my size 42: 5.7"/14.5cm) Maybe going along with the designer-trend placing the heel as far backward as possible and a even very thin stiletto heel would make that probably the most ultimate stiletto shoe to me (I can't speak for everyone of course:nervous:) (very high/challenging to walk on, but not too extremely (almost only indoor-)high as the 6-7"heels) Platforms I like too, but also with that exact same proportion/effective heel-height/arch.. (about 20cm(8") with 5.5cm(2.2") platform might be perfect avoiding to get taller than 2.10 meter:smile:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi well I think its to do with angles if you have a heel 5 inches high but the lenght of foot is say 10 inches then that foot would say look ok If you had the same heel height and a foot only 8 inches long then the angle would make the heel look better although they are the same height If you get what i mean

Well Iam 5' 2" tall and my shoe size is 37 european and I love highheels...:silly:

Lucky thing! You're in perfect proportion with such 'teeny weeny' feet!! I'm 5' 5" and take size 38 European...so I guess I'm in the right proportions too.

(....and it goes without saying that I LOVE high heels).

As an experiment, I bought two pairs of identical Heels from Debenhams, one pair in Size 5UK & one pair in Size 8UK.

Both pairs had approx 5 inch heels with no platforms, the Size 5 pair were slightly under 5 inches high but the Size 8 pair were exactly 5 inches.

They also had quite curved arches on the shoes which exaggerated the heel heights further.

However, it was clear to see that the angle of the foot was much steeper on the size 5 shoes, as worn by my wife, & her feet were almost vertical & in line with her legs, but the Size 8 shoes were nowhere near as steep.

The Size 8 shoes needed the heels to be elevated to around 5 3/4 inches to gain the same effect when worn.

So I guess this concludes that not all manufacturers adjust the heel heights for each size to give the same High Heel feel & effect regardless of size.

The ladies with very small feet like size 3UK must find that even moderatly high heels on the shelves of the shoe shop in size 5 or 6, are considerably steeper in their petite small sizes.

That said, I'm sure that most people on here agree that a small foot in very high heels looks exquisite.

Hi

well I think its to do with angles if you have a heel 5 inches high but the lenght of foot is say 10 inches then that foot would say look ok

If you had the same heel height and a foot only 8 inches long then the angle would make the heel look better although they are the same height

If you get what i mean

When i worked in a high street shoe shop many years ago i always noticed how a small size high heel shoe look compared to larger sizes, for sure in my eyes a eu 35 to eu38 always looked very steep on the inner step arch area,many times forcing the lady to notice how high the heels felt and in fact that was on 4." 4.5" heels with out plats that i emagine in larger sizes would not feel so high, but i think smaller is sexy :silly:.

• 1 month later...

Well Iam 5' 2" tall and my shoe size is 37 european and I love highheels...:smile:

Sounds pretty good to me, and you should be able to tell I enjoy seeing a small foot in heels, but any well cared for foot looks nice in a heel.

The original intent of heels can essentially be traced back to the desire to make womens feet appear smaller. It could be related so some of the foot wrapping traditions in old Asian cultures for example. The modern high heel makes the physical footprint of a woman's foot smaller. The higher the heel, the more dramatic the effect. So it stands to reason a smaller foot ti start with makes the effect greater. In short. voted yes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Posted by DQNTSS

Well Iam 5' 2" tall and my shoe size is 37 european and I love highheels...:irked:

Lucky thing! You're in perfect proportion with such 'teeny weeny' feet!! I'm 5' 5" and take size 38 European...so I guess I'm in the right proportions too.

(....and it goes without saying that I LOVE high heels).

Well, given that I'm in between both you Dontss and pussyinboots as far as height, so my perspective on a small foot would be like a US 5-6. To me, at that size, if the lady's foot was slender, giving that illusion of a bigger foot, then in that respect, yes.

Ideally, I like the look of a slender foot in the US 7-8 range. I don't know if that fares as small feet. To me, that's just right.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it always has to do with height. I have a female cousin that is 5'6" or 5'7" but she wears a size 9 shoe. During the Summer it's always a sandal and during the Winter, a flat slip-on with socks. Maybe at Church you'll see her in a 2 inch heel....but that's about it. Also when she wears sandals it looks like her big toe is broken. Also, it's a size 9 NARROW.