Keeping the boots up while walking

I have a pair of boots that look great as long as they are kept up and don't slouch in the ankle area. Unfortunately they do slouch once I start walking. Any idea how do I keep them up? I use boot trees while they aren't in use. I thought about putting a sock/extra material around my ankle to keep the boot from slouching in that area but was wondering if you have any other ideas. I wear the boots over skinny jeans so using some kind of suspender won't do the trick.

Some boots are designed to do exactly that and look well cool for doing so. If it is a problem you could use a piece of double sided tape...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Well, I kind of fixed the problem by adding material to the ankle area. What I did was take a sock and tie it to the ankle and then put on the boots. They stay up now and I they longer have the look wear the boot shaft looks wider while the ankle area looks thinner. Thanks for your input guys.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve had this problem with pull on thigh boots. I stitched a piece of 2” wide elastic just below the knee on the back of the boot inside the shaft. The elastic strip is about 7” long. It is stitched at each end and in the middle so the leather on the back of the shaft isn’t loose. It is stretched tightly enough for me to comfortably pull the boot up last my calf and fold the leather on the front of the shaft tight. This keeps my boots comfortably up on my legs.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy All !!!! :-) Actually mentioned this idea to one of the "Southern-Charms" quite some time ago and she did a Photo Shoot shortly there after showing it off. ~~~~ For those Ladies and Gents who prefer to or on occasion wear Thigh High Stockings, possibly hooked on to a GARTER BELT instead of just Pantyhose, depending on how many straps hanging down each leg use a Pair from it or just wear a 2nd Belt to clip on the Tops of your Boots to. Kinda add a Pinch of Sassiness to boot as well (no pun intended). ~~ This worked for the Lovely "SC" in keeping her Suede THB's up at her Thighs instead of drooping down looking like Pirate or Musketeer, and without that dreaded PULL UM BACK UP done many a time once standing still from whatever type movement(s) done just prior. Enjoy!!!!!!!! 8-D ~~b'luv

Boots Rock!!!!

• 3 months later...

I know all about this problem as well... especially if you have faux leather/synthetic boots. Some would say I'm blessed with skinny ankles but apparently its too skinny for the cookie cutter when it comes to boots my size. Someone had suggested this for me, so I'll pass it along. Take an old pair of sport tube socks or equivalent. Cut open the toe area and put them on toe part first(backwards). Thus the elastic area will sit right about the ankle area. Essentially making mini leg warmers. For myself I have to double up the socks in this manner to fill out my boots.

• 2 months later...

Hey There Everyone. Kept forgetting to add this post earlier, so figured do it now since purposely searched for Thread.

Stumbled on item in Link below from Camping/Sports Supply store that (you'll need to Copy & Paste it though) usually would be worn at Ankles, but I'm wondering if can possibly be worn higher up leggs as well at point(s) where you may need to fill in that (little) gap just so. What do you think about it??? Take Care. :-)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_830296&id=0033918830143a

Boots Rock!!!!