Spring Colors

JeffB

With spring a few weeks away, I've decided that it's time to push the envelope just a little further and wear lighter colored shoes at the office. While black is a nice color, I want to try something different, something a tad bolder. Check out the below for what I have in mind:

Posted Image

The Etienne Aigner "Taylor" 33921 pump in bone is just perfect for wear with navy or olive colored outfits. I'm sure I'll get lots of compliments from my co-workers in those shoes!! :-) Perhaps by the time fall arrives, I'll invest in the 33924 pump in putty which would match well with brown outfits. Perhaps I'll make it a clean sweep and get the navy pumps as well! I'm really looking forward to this experiment, and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress....

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wow... I envy you a lot for having the courage to wear shoes like that to work! I could never manage that! Do you wear shoes like that outside of your circle of work collegues? If I were you I'd be pushing the envelope as much as I could! Go for it and see what happens, and let us know how it goes! :wink: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Well, there's really nothing to it. I've been wearing pumps at the office, incluidng black patent daily for quite some time now and have been warmly accepted in them, so opting for a lighter color should be a problem since everyone already knows what to expect. As for beyond work, well, I usually don't go out to much as I'm something of a homebody, but when I do, it's usually in stack heeled loafers or boots. And yes, I'll keep everyone appraised of my progress with the lighter colored shoes!

To answer your question, it wasn't something I did overnight. It took time to develop the nerve to wear "non-male" shoes over a lengthy period of time. I started out with stack heeled loafers, then progressed to boots, finally, when I thought the time was right and everyone at the office where I work had grown used to what I was wearing (they all knew I was wearing women's shoes, and pantyhose as well), then I started in with the pumps. Boy, that was sure scary at first, but, the more I wore them, the more comfortable I felt, and the easier it became, thanks to how well I was complimented on the shoes I wore. It was a progressive process, but a worthwhile one that has expanded my horizons of fashion.

Hello Sandalslover! I live up in the colder part of Europe (Sweden) where we do have seasons that are noticeable... I have (for outdoors use) a pair of platform sandals 2" front/4" heel, a pair of cork wedges with 4" heel, and a pair of strappy sandals with a 5" heel, which are used whenever the weather allowes. Just now we have had a few real nice sunny days with about -4 CG durind the night and about +6-9 CG during the day, so a lot of "brave" people have been sitting outdoors while eating their lunch, so the spring is in the air even here! TallSwede

Hi Tallswede, your scandinavian weather has invaded into Germany today. Cold but sunny and very nice. The weather report predicts that it will be stable for the next days. I couldn't enjoy it today because of work. Tomorrow I have to make several purchases. A good opportunity for a pre-springtime strutting on my new fashionable stiletto boots on the "Zeil", the main shopping mall in the city of Frankfurt. Considering the usual parking problems I'll take the subway :wink: nice greetings micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

I just found these great looking Ros Hommerson pumps at an online store called Leslie Shoes which offers a goodly number of shoes in larger sizes.

Posted Image

I already have a pair of these pumps in black and they're really sleek and have earned me plenty of compliments at the office when I've worn them, but red? I just can't resist the notion of buying them! If you thought off-white would push the envelope, red will most likely rip said envelope to shreds! Oh, and here's the URL for Leslie:

http://www.leslieonline.com

As I wrote to JeffB in the old forum; My suggestion is a pair of decent blue jeans and a cotton shirt... (-Do note that I am *not* known to be someone good at creating nifty outfits... -But I don't care for my own part. If people dont stand the look they are allowed to turn aside and puke their guts out as long as the splatter does not stain my clothes... :wink: ) TallSwede

Regarding outfits, well, I'm gonna do some research and get some ideas together as to what would match well with those red pumps. I was thinking along the lines of a red shirt with black pants and tan colored hosiery (since I wear pantyhose daily, I have to make sure I coordinate that as well). It should prove to be a most interesting experiment! :-)

TallSwede wrote:

they are allowed to turn aside and puke their guts out as long as the splatter does not stain my clothes.

Auggggg! Totally Gross! :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No, I would never answer like Tallswede. Everyone has the right of its own taste. See my motto further below! But if anybody is asking me for my own attitude I have to answer honestly. Here my opinion: I don't like this style. Either - if I prefer a more moderate way - shoes with not too high block heels or alternatively a courageous style: Fashionable Stilettos, extreme pumps rsp. crass overknees :wink:! The shown shoes remember me to the footwear of nice elder ladys. Definitely not my thing. micha

Hmmh Bubba, I don't understand your reply. The LOL smiley for Jeff's taste or my proposal? Sometimes I dare to wear extreme stilettos in public. I don't accept any LOL because of my passion! Jeff may be more shy with public outings and likes to wear very moderate shoes. I don't accept any LOL because of his passion! My fundamental attitude is tolerance. I demand tolerance for me and I have to be tolerant towards other people. That's the reason why I didn't like the "puking" of Tallswede. Isn't it a good old traditional British style: A 'LOL' only for my own idiocy? :wink: micha

Micha, it was meant to be a joke. That's why I put the smiley face on my post -- so no one would take it seriously. American humor...foreign to Germans (usually) :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

-Just to clarify: -I *do* like JeffB's choice of pumps!!! -So, there! OTOH, I also wanted to state that just because *I* liked them, he might not perhaps get the "best" advice, and hopefully should get more feedback before making a "qualified" decision, due to the fact that I personally do *not* care that much about how the rest of the viewers think (and eventually, say) about *my* choice of footwear. -For those hackers/oldtimers out there; -I was born with asbestos skin, and do not need to don the suit before a flame war... :wink: TallSwede