High Heeled Goddess Diary #1

Laurieheels

I have been thinking quite a bit about these diaries in the last few weeks. Writing them gives me a chance to express my viewpoint on the world, and I know there are people who enjoy reading whatever it is that I write. This week, to start out the new format, and installment #1 of the Goddess diaries, I think I'll mention something I have been seeing a lot of in public. There seems to be quite the popular trend for knee high boots and skirts in Calgary. I am not sure how the rest of the world is doing with this fashion trend, but it has arrived here. Winter being what it is, the style seems to be everywhere, and women in there mid twenties into their fifties are donning boots that reach their knees, and matching them with a skirt that is either just above the knee, or just below it. This style lends itself well to heels, but of course, none of the women out there are embracing the wonderful heights that a stiletto heel can bring. But there are blades, some thick heels, and even some stiletto-esque three inch heels on these boots. I have seen some nice pairs, and it makes me wish I was more well to do, so I could join in on what looks like a wonderful fashion trend for colder weather. Naturally, I would take the heels much higher, and the look of the boot would be far sexier. Call it a personal touch to an omni present style. I have not had the chance to visit any shops while I have been recovering these last few weeks, and that is a shame. It is nice to see the trends on women, but a different perspective is gained from seeing them in stores. Are boots really as hot as they seem to be this season? Is there a general trend for the more mature woman to be more feminine? Or are these things that have been sitting in the backs of closets everywhere, and just finding a new life this winter? And of course, seeing this fashion statement so well stated by so many women, it leads me to wonder if the practical aspects of it will make it a lasting idea, and not just an idea for this season. Will the boots remain free from exile at the back of the closet? Hem lines may change, sure, and it could be that long skirts with high slits might be an evolution of this style. The boots are still shown off, and the styles can change. So there is a good deal of room for the knee boot to remain in the forefront of use. And it is this change where my mind is wandering. We all must see that the fashion industry is a self perpetuating machine. This is why a tried and tested style is not praised every season, but instead, left in the backs of our minds as a designer flaunts some new innovation that everyone just must purchase. It almost seems self serving, and certainly it detracts from people having their own sense of style and expression. So seeing this fashion expression of knee boots and skirts has really made me wonder if the fashion world has created a lasting idea, or if by next winter, the trend will be dictated in a new direction, and women will be out spending their dollars on something that is certainly not as elegent and playful as this look has seemed to my eyes. Time will give us an answer, for good or ill. ... On another topic, last night, being Saturday night for me, I was sitting in the apartment alone, and I decided to make myself a steak sandwich for dinner. Now, the impending doom that is my return to work is fast approaching, and I realize that I had really only worn heels three times since being in the hospital. One of those moments was for about five minutes, at home. Of course, the day I left the hospital, I wore my favoured four inch stiletto ankle boots; and Chris and I did go out with some friends, which gave me the chance to wear them again. Thinking that such limited experiences in the past two weeks are not enough to get me back into the swing of my high heeled style, I wore heels while I worked my magic in the kitchen. My favourite, black velvet pumps with the five inch stiletto heel still fit very well, and feel great on my feet. Okay, the stove felt a little lower than normal, but everything went well. And it was the best sandwich I have ever had, I think. Will Tuesday find me back in heels and at work again? Most certainly. Okay, I may not have the knee boots to put together this season's obvious fashion trend, but I have ankle boots, well suited to the snow filled weather up here, and I think going back to work at four inches is a wonderful way to get back into the goddess groove. I really have missed my life in stiletto heels. Yet in true goddess fashion, I think I will be back into it just fine. It is a lifestyle that can be described by my favourite black velvet shoes. Comfortable and easy to wear whenever I need them. :lol:

If I were to wax effusive, I might make Chris jealous, which would not be my intention. Therefore, I shall just say that you were missed, alot. I wasn't aware that knee boots had ever gone out of fashion, generally. down a bit now and then, but never completely out. I wouldn't think that you, Laurie, would care too much whether they were in or out of fashion--after all, you wear very high (relative to most of the rest of the women out there) heels whether they are fashionable or not. But I do hope you are right, at least for winter months, that knee boots do stay in fashion for everybody on a permanent basis. Having seen the preview of Charlie's Angels II, due out this summer, I can see the trend continuing into this summer, at least. Heal fast and well, no pun intended. :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

He isn't the jealous type unless it's about pictures. :( If anything, people saying nice things about me just makes Chris feel that much luckier. :) It is nice to be missed, and appreciated. It lends fuel to what I do. It creates a motive to write every week. And even when I look at the keyboard and go "I'd rather lie down I don't feel good," it has me writing a diary that people enjoy. Azraelle, it is nice to be back into the keystroke of things. I think I did miss this creative outlet as much as others missed me. It is a shame I cannot say the same thing about my job! And I hope the knee boot trend does continue, so I can save up and get a pair and join in. :lol:

Well, of course, I missed you and your writings too, and I'm glad to welcome you back. As for long boots and knee-length skirts, this seems to have been a fashion fixture here in the UK for the last couple of years. Great for me, as I love that look on women. So, I guess the trend has hit here too. So, go for it, and I like the new-style postings! Keep up the good work :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, in this little corner of England, the fashion seems to be for block heel knee-length boots from 3 to 5 inches high, though most of the higher ones have a nearly 1 inch platform. Mainly though it is pointy toe, spiky heel (from 3 to nearly 5 inch heel) trouser cut or ankle boots. There are a lot of styles with a half or full metal heel also. Blade heels seem to be disappearing, but there are quite a lot where the heel is quite thin, but is slightly longer front to back compared to the side to side width (by about 25% or so).

Additionally ankle cuff shoes are now very popular. These often have pointy toes and 3 or 4 inch heels, sometimes more. A back zip is quite common, though others may have a buckle, or two, or may lace up in some way.

Just been looking through the River Island magazine (a uk retail shop) they are stating coloured shoes are going to be very important this season. They have a great pair of Pink Suede Stilettos wih cut out side and 4in heels, they look devine. Vicki XX

I refuse to allow a select group of high-priced designers to dictate what I should be wearing each season. If I choose to wear something "out of style", then so be it. I have a mind of my own so I can choose to make my own decisions. ========================================= A note to Laurie; There was a noticeable difference around here when you were out of action. It seems like more people respond to your postings than most of the other members. As a result, when you were gone, the number of postings decreased, and the level of interest diminished. But your return has reversed that trend. A belated welcome back to our high heeled goddess.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

PJ wrote about Laurie:

when you were gone, the number of postings decreased, and the level of interest diminishe

The same is true of our Saturday night chat sessions. Participation is way down when Debbie isn't there.

:wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Perhaps it is time to give out bank account information? :wink: Okay, joking aside... wow. I never thought I made that much of an impact here. There are, what, 21,000 messages and more every day? I didn't think that I had such an impact on that total. Sure, I post a lot, but to be the Oprah of this message board? I am flattered that people feel I have such an impact. I'm just being myself. Imagine if I tried real hard! WOW! But things like this certainly make me happy about posting here, and give me the desire to post more. To PJ and everyone, thank you.