Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

Jamie, I humbly apologise, I was responding to Kikepa who used the term "fashion" when perhaps he should have used "dress sense" or "dress style". I understood what was meant and didn't feel the need to correct him. SO do please accept my most sincere apologies. Otherwise my comments stand, and I do agree that the choices available in the mens section is usually drab. Little wonder the TV/TG/CD crowd refer to the male mode as being in drab. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Personally, I would get jealous seen guy in cute shoes size 9:))))

That's the way I feel when I see that great heel on you ladies, just wishing that us guys could have the freedom to wear the COOL shoes like you all do. Hats off to all that do like men in high heels!

From my experience, some do and some don't and as for most the women I know, they are the "If thats what you like, then do it and who cares what everybody else thinks" kind of girls. So I really can't vote.

real men wear heels

I agree with you jonnieheel, I didn't vote on this one either. I'll leave that up to the ladies. I haven't had but one woman act like guys wearing heels were a problem, all others have been like if that's what you want go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some very interesting comments here and it is difficult to draw firm conclusions - but then opinions are bound to vary on what is or is not an acceptable 'look' (especially when fashion rather than good taste enters the equation). I can certainly see that most women would not find a modest cuban heel (as widely advocated by Thighboots2, whose views I firmly respect) to be objectionable, but even here there are shades of opinion. My wife quite likes my discreet 2" cuban heeled slip-ons and my semi-cowboy elastic-sided boots with a similar heel and understands that I find them comfortable because of back problems. She does not really like the boots in my avatar (2.7" heel) because of the shape of the heel rather than the height; it is like an underslung cowboy heel (as I explained to her) but she thinks it is too tapered. If I attempted to wear anything higher and/or slimmer (and I would if I could find something suitable and reasonably-priced), I can imagine her reaction being very anti. And I am sure that she would not be alone in that. I do differ slightly from Tb2 in that I cannot see any reason why a man who is not too bulky and ungainly should not wear a modest stiletto heel, or at least a thin near-stiletto heel, on the right footwear. A boot very like that in my avatar with a fairly pointed toe and a 3.5 - 4" slim heel would be wearable and look right if worn with e.g. skinny jeans and perhaps a leather jacket. One sees quite tall and fairly well-built women dressed like this all the time in everyday situations such as shopping and the overall look is, to me, totally unisex and neither ungainly nor overtly feminine. I strongly suspect that, if a look like that was acceptable male fashion, it would be widely adopted by many here and their yearning for more extreme high stiletto styles would diminish. How about it?

I'm sure that you have a valid point there, but there would still be men here that would be stanch users of the stiletto pointy-toed femme shoe for good reasons.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I don't doubt it, Dawn, nor do I suggest they should not wear more extreme styles. My point was only that legitimising a modest foray into the currently 'forbidden territory' would be satisfying for many and sufficient for some. It would be a start, at least! ;)

well at the one stage was following this thread, then lost track of it and just re-read the whole thread!!! hope, I dont loose the points that came to mind while reading!! 1st, to the original ques well sure some will do, however due to stereo types, sure most have not even given it any though, however once faced with a man in heels, most accep,, from my experience so far, once faced with the reality and the situation and the realaty of the mater that it is after all just heels, again a MAN in heels, most accept!!! hence have also not voted, and if pushed to vote would most likely vote no!! many men see the heels as fetish, or part fetish part fashion, or even part statement, woman dont see heels quiet in the same light!! at least most!! now for men in stilettos, is that not also just another type of stereo typing, what one wears should not be the defining point on who we are, should we not have the freedom to wear what we wish???? 1st men get frowned upon for wearing heels, then the issue of pink heels has come up, now from our community we are frowning upon men in stiletto!! a woman/lady in stilettos is a woman in stilettos, again the stereo types that say, she should not be wearing this hell due to what ever reason society has entrenched in us from an early age who are we to criticize, what other wear!! then on a similar note, mens fashion are as mentioned boring, they have not changed much, just another reason/excuse why to hijack the womans wardrobe!! woman after all have been raiding ours for a long time happy heeling happy stiletto heeling!!;)

I voted "accepting with partner/friend." I have a couple of friends who I've told, and only the select few (leaving one that completely doesn't agree with it) has come to understandings with my "fetish" I guess I could call it. I would only think that they're so accepting because maybe they won't be seen with me in public in them (heels) or... like, I don't know how to explain it. I think everyone else explained much better than me in previous posts. I like have a "writer's block" at the moment D:

Formally "HHDude"

• 1 month later...

Greatings Sdh2lmh and welcome to this forum :-)

Now there must be a way to have your post published in all newspapers and websites around the world.

You resumed the situation perfectly only in a couple of lines.

Maybe it would open many "closed" minds out there ...

Puffer, Likely to be the difference between versions of english. Such a wonderful language and one that has evolved differently depending upon where you are yet still you understood the meaning. Simon.

Puffer,

Likely to be the difference between versions of english. Such a wonderful language and one that has evolved differently depending upon where you are yet still you understood the meaning.

Simon.

You can't be sure that I did understand, Simon - I had to make assumptions! Not really a case of different versions of English, more an apparent misuse of English, at least to UK eyes. As a self-confessed pedant, I struggle to accept that one can create a verb-form résuméd (= provided a resumé) from the noun résumé (= a summary) - if indeed résuméd, rather than resumed (= re-started), was the word intended by danielp6406. It lacked any accents - so presumably he isn't a French-speaking Canadian!

(No offence intended, danielp6406: if I have got it wrong, you will no doubt tell us. And your underlying point is certainly valid.)

Greatings all :-)

Puffer: 'summarised' Why not say so ?

Simply because "resumed" was the best word I could think of at the time.

I agree with you: the proper word is 'summarised' (Note that I just learned a new word here).

Will try to remember and use it properly next time !

My English is not perfect and I am still learning each day.

The most important factor is that you all understood what I meant...

Thighboots2:

I am a French speaking Canadian and my native language is French.

I never use any accents in written English and I always do in French...(Which is normal)

BTW, is "accent" and "punctuation" the same meaning ?

And don't worry, no offense at all :)

And greetings to you too, Daniel. Your English is fine, especially now you haver learned a new word or two! My French is not good!

An 'accent' is purely the added mark (with which you are familiar in French) to indicate stress or pronounciation of a word. 'Punctuation' is the series of marks (stops, commas, etc) used to divide up a sentence and help the reader to understand its flow. If I write 'Puffer says Daniel is a fool', it has at least two possible (and opposite) meanings - adding punctuation makes that clear, as I'm sure you realise!

It is interesting that, although French-speaking, you do not use accents when writing in English, even when using a French word. The English language does not use accents, but normally keeps them on foreign words which are 'imported' (such as résumé), although people will often omit them. After all, it might be difficult otherwise to identify or pronounce an unaccented word correctly: resume and résumé look the same and have a common origin but their meanings are different.

Hope this helps.

Well, considering that in the late 60's, the flower power era, it was quite commen for men to wear heels and flowery outfits, it is surprising to see how women seem to have forgotten such. Also, looking further back history, one can see that heels were worn starting at least with the egyptian priests, so what is the hassle. For my ex wife it was in first instance a turn on, and shortly after under influence of one of her friends it was a turn of and ended our marriage. In addition to the influence of the friend, the was medication involved that made her depenend and thus she was probably brainwashed.

I was discussing this place with a friend of mine yesterday and she said she found the idea of men wearing heels disgusting. I found myself defending male heel wearing, explaining how it did no harm to anyone but themselves. I said that I admired the courage it took and the individuality. She had to agree on those points, however disgusting. :):)

I was discussing this place with a friend of mine yesterday and she said she found the idea of men wearing heels disgusting. ...

Amanda: If your friend actually used the word 'disgusting' or made it clear that her true opinion was along those lines, I do rather wonder about her powers of expression and emotion. Dislike, discomfort, embarrassment, sorrow, ridicule - yes, maybe - but 'disgust'?

If she truly felt 'disgust' (a strong emotion) on seeing a man wearing any type of high-heeled footwear, I should be interested to know what she would think of any more blatant cross-dressing or any form of indecent exposure? And would she take the same view of a female wearing some item of traditionally male clothing, such as brogue shoes, a tie or a waistcoat - I very much doubt it?

Her reluctant acceptance of a man's 'courage' or 'individuality' cuts little ice; one could say the same about an assassin or a suicide without approving of their actual conduct.

Puffer, Whilst I do agree with your sentiments, Amanda's friend will almost certainly have equated the term heels with stilettos. Although I wouldn't use the stong term of "disgusting", I find it very hard to think that they are right aesthetically and proportionally to ythe normal male body. Kneehighs has often said that there is a world of difference between the idea of a man in heels and the reality of a man in heels, and perhaps had Amanda and her friend seen a gent that evening, nicely turned out and wearing YSL Johnny boots that have a 7cm cuban heel, the answer would quite likely have been different. Much as I like stiletto heels, I wouldn't consider wearing them as part of my male attire, cuban heels are a totally different matter. The male has become a pariah because of the multitude of sexual scandals that nowadays seem to be reported daily. A man has, because of the actions of a very few sick individuals, to be extreemly careful in is deeds, and spoken words as anything that is out of "normal" bahaviour is liable to land him in a lot trouble. Years ago it would be been expected that if, whilst shopping say, you came across a child obviously alone and distressed, you would do something about it. Nowdays, I am afraid to say, I wouldn't do a thing other than try to find the nearest figure of authority, unless my wife was with me. Again, years gone by, if I saw a woman by her car on the emergency lane of the motorway, I would stop and check she was in control of her situation, now I just note the details as I drive past in casethere is anappeal for witnesses later on the radio. What a sad state of affairs we have descended into. Finally Amanda has just reinforced the result of this poll. She is at least open minded and can see the concept that there are many men for whom heeled footwear is just that, and not a fetish item. If only the feminine side of men was more encouraged, then perhaps the world would be a better place rather than all this macho cr*p we have to live with every day that causes so much trouble all round the world. Sometimes I am ashamed to be male. Simon

Well, Simon, that is interesting. You and I have similar views on and tastes in 'appropriate' male heel wearing and I agree in principle with everything you said and applaud the sentiments in your final para. It hadn't occurred to me that Amanda's friend would have equated male high heels with stilettos (alone), if only because women do not do so with female heels - there are many styles other than the traditional stiletto in regular, current use. But you may be right in that, put on the spot by an unusual question, the friend might jump to the conclusion that one must be talking of extremes, i.e. high stilettos. Only Amanda can, perhaps, clarify what discussion actually took place. I certainly agree that most (but not all) thinking women are unlikely to react badly to the sight of a modest male cuban heel, even if their attention is specifically drawn to it. And, if I understand the comment from Kneehighs correctly, the reality is almost certainly less 'disgusting' than the concept! You are, alas, right about much male behaviour being regarded as suspect if not actually dangerous or perverted. Unfortunately, these negative ideas are greatly fostered by the growing body of OTT law and regulation that attempts to prevent such behaviour. (As an aside, I sometimes wonder how many people suffered some sort of mild abuse as children, thought little of it and probably forgot it and only now are exposed to possible wounding by the recognition such matters get in the media - and with a potential compensation claim a further persuasive force.) Where I do differ from you is that I am more likely to follow my instincts as a family man by going to the aid of someone (woman. child or whoever) in distress without first either considering the law too closely or carrying out the 'risk asssessment' that might waste vital time. I have in fact done so more than once and my wife has twice recently been grateful to male strangers who stopped to help when her car broke down. But I do not deny the risks you mention.

This poll is still being voted on, yet I wonder just how many voters are women. Seeing as the question is aimed at them, it seems to be unfair that men vote as I don't think the male members here will be objective enough. Hence I have not voted.

I know my girlfriend would say that men i general should be able to do and wear what ever they (we) like - but I also know that she would see it as a complete turn off, if I wore heels (which I do not - though I admire my girlfriend and other women when they do). I believe that this is quite a general picture. Very few women would think of men in high heels as attractive...