Foot hair removal

loswabs

Question

I usually shave my feet once a week but having done this a few days ago, I've noticed for the first time the feeling of stubble. I've tried using hair remover but this doesn't work wel for me. Maybe I'm not doing it right? Can anyone suggest a better way of hair removal? Electrolosis maybe? Thanks in advance

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

18 answers to this question

I usually shave my feet once a week but having done this a few days ago, I've noticed for the first time the feeling of stubble. I've tried using hair remover but this doesn't work wel for me. Maybe I'm not doing it right? Can anyone suggest a better way of hair removal? Electrolosis maybe?

Thanks in advance

You shave your feet ? ;-) Thats definately un-usual..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech, why would you think so? If you wear sandals and you manicure your nails, etc. why would you want some ugly scraggly hairs to ruin the look? I don't think there is anything odd about that.

loswabs, you have four choices; shaving (temporary), depilitories (Nair type) temporary, laser (permanent) or electrolysis (permanent).

It's all about the heel!

Waxing would be another alternative. That works well for the areas I need to remove hair from. The advantage of this is that it removed the whole hair, so when it regrows it starts off soft, unlike the shaven hair which regrows from the place it was cut @tech: I don't see anything unusual about that. My wife shaves her toes (She only gets a few hairs), and I certainly would before going out in my shoes.

Waxing would be another alternative.

I've done that in the past when I've been in sandal-wearing moods. It takes a day or two for the red spots to return to normal. 24 hours ought to do it.

I don't see anything unusual about that.

Me neither!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Shaving is just a part of my life now. I shave my private parts 2-3 times a week, my feet once a week and my lower back & buttocks every 1-2 weeks. I just do all my shaving in the shower and I now shave my body effortlessly. I'll start shaving my legs when I get out of my parents house =P. I dont want my parents to have to ask me why Im shaving my legs. haha. Shaving your feet and toes is very normal and if you begin to have bumps or irritation after shaving try changing shaving creams or even try your simple soap as lubricant. If you find your skin getting dry after you shave then use some lotion on the areas you shaved. For your stumbles I would try 2 different things. One, I would try being a different brand of razor. Two, I would take a break from shaving for a few weeks to see if its just your skin being irritated.

Hi, waxing has to be the best option. Once you've got into waxing you'll never go back! I always look forward to getting my legs done (I get a full leg wax every 4 weeks) and the results are long lasting, it sounds crazy but I enjoy getting my legs waxed, you get used to the pain - which is over-rated anyway. You can't compare doing it yourself vs going to a salon because the salon is both faster, less painful and when you cost your time and the quality of finish it is a clear winner.

I pluck the hairs out with tweezers. No stubble grows back like shaving. When the hairs do grow back, they seem to be finer in texture. Plucking takes a bit more time, but you only have to do it every 3 to 4 weeks - for me at least. One thing for sure, if you are going to wear sandals like I do - all the time - your feet should look nice. After plucking, I have a pedicure and finish with a glossy clear coat. It's fun!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hmm, have you tried waxing your feet? I don't have any hair on my feet and my legs are almost bare. I was never a hairy person and even though my legs don't have that much hair on it to begin with, I still give it a good wax job and seal the pores afterwards. Ultra smooth.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Karen, Fortunately I'm not real "hairy" so plucking (tweezing) is no big deal for me. I did try the "Nads" hair removal stuff a few times - sorta like waxing - it was messy and more trouble than it was worth. For me the tweezing works fine, just just have to keep up with it every few weeks or so. Thanks, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Fortunately I'm not real "hairy" so plucking (tweezing) is no big deal for me. For me the tweezing works fine, just just have to keep up with it every few weeks or so. Thanks, sf

That is also the situation for me. I didn't even think about it until I had on a pair of very sheer hosiery and noticed the bit of hair. As SF says, no real big deal.

Karen and ecohh, I have never heard of an epilator before and I'm intrigued. Do you recommend a particular brand or have any tips on picking one out? I just ran a Google search and found that epilating works a lot like tweezing and would last longer than shaving. Sounds worth trying on my legs!

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Karen and ecohh, I have never heard of an epilator before and I'm intrigued. Do you recommend a particular brand or have any tips on picking one out? I just ran a Google search and found that epilating works a lot like tweezing and would last longer than shaving. Sounds worth trying on my legs!

I am not Karen or ecohh, but I use an epilator already for 9 years. The one I use is by Philips. It comes with some contraption that allows you to cool down the skin before the epilator proper goes over it, but I do not use it. I tried it once and saw no benefits. It came with three heads: one for epilation, one for shaving and one for defoliation.

First time you use it, it may hurt a bit. Also depends on which hairs you try to remove. The ones on my toes are still rather thick and you feel rather well that you take them out. The ones on the legs are far easier. After a few times you hardly feel it. At best it tickles a bit. If you try to do your armpits, it does hurt the first few times. After that it gets a lot better and indeed, it looks tidy for much longer than when you shave.

If there are other parts you want to do you have to collect your own experience.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

If you try to do your armpits, it does hurt the first few times. After that it gets a lot better and indeed, it looks tidy for much longer than when you shave.

Y.

Doing armpits with epilator that doesn't seem worth the xtra smoothness

bit too much pain for me

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out