New Christian Louboutin website

roz

Strange, isn't it? But then, it kinda keeps in his (unorthodox) spirit. His shoes, while classic, the designs are in a "world" of their own.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Some good ideas there but it is so clumsy and as spiker says cheesy. The serious bits are slow (or is my ISP slow again), beyond that it is more of a mockery It's almost on the same par as "Eurotrash" (A UK channel 4 program taking the p1ss out of europe and the rest of the world hosted by Antoine de Caunes and Jean-Paul Gaultier. The walking shoes IMO should be real and filled or at least less of a tom and jerry cartoon walk. This gif is far superior and easily found. and is a lot more enticing. Hoping also that admin approve and none find offence Al

post-14144-133522879558_thumb.gif

Any site that relies THAT much on Flash animation is doomed to be forgotten. I think it would have been better without the flashy intro, and some good solid CONTENT. Although.....the shoe shattering the glass "cage" was kinda cool........

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

After being under construction for a year, the new Christian Louboutin website has now opened at www.christianlouboutin.fr

I personally think it looks horrible, what do you think?

I really don't get it ... how can someone think that such a page is attractive?

When I first saw this in the other thread, I thought this is a joke or someone uses this name for his/her own website. Completely cheesy and cheap looking, totally unprofessional.

Also, I agree with ShockQueen that those flash objects there make everything slow and worse than it would already be without it.

Well, it is different. That sequence showing the pumps kicking their way out of the bell-jar might even be symbolic -- "breaking out of the envelope". I'm not sure about the magician guy though -- is he trying to be a Vulcan version of Harry Houdini? When I think of CL I think of exquisite, trend-setting heels (. . .that most of us have no hope of ever being able to afford!) I would expect his site to show us what he has, this is just cheesy. I'm more a fan of simple "HTML with pictures" type sites (probably because that's the way I do mine). There's a place for the fancy stuff but you shouldn't need it to sell shoes -- especially Louboutins! CL should stick to what he does best -- design fabulous shoes!

Have a happy time!

I think the website is doing what it was designed for: Getting your atention and visit it for couriousity, then i fyou see his shoes in the store then you will be tempted to buy them even if they are extremely expensive, just because the marketing is working on you. The shoes are ok, but nothing out of this world, he is certainly a surrealist, and surely very creative, and rare, original and unpredictible. If he wanted to design a website that works like zappos he definatelly may even improve it, but is not in his mind he only wants all of you to open this thread and talk about it, negative or positive, then .......you will tell me if someday you will invest in one pair, you never know. In my opinion there is nothing to understand just that he is designing shoes... period,

V. Morpho