Greetings from North Carolina

All, I love wearing high heels. The first time I tried them on was 36 years ago, a few months ago I got brave and bought a pair. I have decided to wear them everyday, and get some more pairs. I have even started wearing them to the store, scary as it is. But, I love being taller, and how they feel. Frodo

All,

I love wearing high heels. The first time I tried them on was 36 years ago with my mother's shoes, a few months ago I got brave and bought a pair. I have decided to wear them everyday, and get some more pairs. I have even started wearing them to the store, scary as it is. But, I love being taller, and how they feel.

Frodo

Welcome to the forum, Frodo....We've several members that live in North Carolina. One in Charlotte. We're looking forward to reading your comments about your heels and about your adventures wearing them in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Welcome frodo220. We are neighbors. Your story is the same as mine and many others here. A lot of us started out in our moms heels. I also wear them every day and where ever I go as many others here. Maybe you can come up to Canton Ohio to our next heel meet. No plans have been set as of yet. Waiting for the weather to warm up a little.

real men wear heels

Welcome to the forum, Frodo....We've several members that live in North Carolina. One in Charlotte. We're looking forward to reading your comments about your heels and about your adventures wearing them in public.

One thing I forgot to mention, was that I got two pairs of men's boot/shoes that were flexible, and had 2 - 3 inch heels on them in 1974. I had them and enjoyed wearing them for many years (my wife found them annoying, so after we married, I got rid of them (sadly)). Those shoes felt like they were an extension of my feet. So in some respects this was more indicative of my current desire to wear them now. Over the years I have tried to find similar shoes/boots for guys that were comfortable and looked good, in a subtle way. But, high heels for guys went out of fashion in the 70s, and the only ones with 1-2" heels are boots, more cowboy style and those do NOT feel very comfortable to wear (they are too heavy, bulky).

I recently realized that I would get the proper size high heels for my feet and try them (starting with one pair), and I found the biggest thrill is being 6'2" instead of 5'11". I find that is more satisfying then how they look to others. The current platforms made for "guys" out there, look weird (even vulgar), so I realized it would be better for me to keep with shoes that by themselves just look NICE, not flamboyant. But, subtle.

I am NOT sure about coming to the next "heel meet", as unfortunately there are too many guys who have an "in your face" attitude about themselves, even in their choice of shoes. I am heterosexual and I also have no desire to be around guys who would be "turned on" and perhaps make passes at me (even in their mind) because of the shoes I wear. Most of the "women's" shoes that men buy on the web-sights that sell shoes large enough for me (I wear size 14), look stupid, and are vulgar (common) even obscene "in your face" styles less designed for wearing comfort, some even have the title "stripper shoes" ugh. I would rather look at dog poop. And I cannot even imagine a normal woman wearing them let alone a man with any self respect.

I have realized the years NOT to associate with anyone who wants to "rub" their lifestyle choices into my face, as it is clear that those choices are more made out of anger at people, anger at the world, or anger at God. And unfortunately that means that perhaps many of guys on this forum, I could not and will not associate with them, because it is clear by many of the posts, the do it more to "shock", or "get back at someone" or "excite, entice, or make horny" someone who has made choice of footwear a sexual fetish alone, and that is very sad to me.

So, yes, I like wearing high heels in private and public, it took me a long time to be "brave" enough to start wearing them out. They are merely one part of my MALE wardrobe for public display. But, I like the fact that most if not all people will NOT notice, except that I am taller, unless they look closer at my feet area. And those kind of people that would "judge" me based on subtle footwear have their own problems. Some people enjoy and make a sport of looking at the flaws, foibles, oddness of others and I have no time for them. It has taken me 51+ years to realize I am ODD, and unique and don't care anymore about people who will only except me if I conform to their own expectations of me (as if they are God or someone equivalent).

Again, I believe in subtlety, that is why I see my current desires to wear heels (3 - 4") as a wardrobe preference, that from my perspective look good on my feet, and attached to my legs. And frankly I don't "give a damn" if someone objects, because my position is what gives them the right to inspect my feet area, and judge the area "up or down". :thumbsup: grin

Frodo

Frodo220; You seem to have a pattern of condriction here. If you don't give a darn of what people think, than use that 51 years of experience and come to the next heel meet. Most of the members here are very respectfull and open minded and do not think like you say they do. You should read about the last heel meet we had back in Oct. in the real life meeting thread. We had a great time and not one single strange look, snicker or any of the sort.

real men wear heels

But, high heels for guys went out of fashion in the 70s, and the only ones with 1-2" heels are boots, more cowboy style and those do NOT feel very comfortable to wear (they are too heavy, bulky).

Hi Frodo, and welcome to the forum.

Mens heels are now back in fashion. If you have the cash, check out the YSL Jonny Boot which has been discussed on the forum.

Hi Frodo, and welcome to the forum.

Mens heels are now back in fashion. If you have the cash, check out the YSL Jonny Boot which has been discussed on the forum.

Well, yeah, those look GREAT. I would love wearing them, but the largest size they have is size 12 (US), I am a 13, and $750 is WAY OUT of my price range. The shoes I bought in the 70s, were around $40, were not cowboy boot style like those, and were much lighter construction.

Frodo

"I am NOT sure about coming to the next "heel meet", as unfortunately there are too many guys who have an "in your face" attitude about themselves, even in their choice of shoes. I am heterosexual and I also have no desire to be around guys who would be "turned on" and perhaps make passes at me (even in their mind) because of the shoes I wear." Frodo220, where did you get this idea from?

Frodo220:-) I think that if you would attend a heel meet that you will find a very friendly, welcoming, group with no alterier attitudes present except enjoying each others company and companionship with a common cause. The love of wearing heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all the above (and Frodo's post of 17 Jan in particular), it seems to me that Frodo has been given rather a hard time here. He is a newcomer to this board, somewhat uncertain as to the preferences of those who frequent it and (it seems) both a little confused as to his own true feelings and wary of what to wear himself, at least in public. I have little doubt that almost all of us (me included) have shared those characteristics at some time, and certainly when we were ourselves newbies, either here or in the world of heels in general! Perhaps Frodo has expressed himself rather more bluntly than he really intended; I'm sure he meant no general indictment of other members or their particular tastes. My best advice to him is to stick around, read what others say right across the board and then decide whether he is comfortable or not. I'm sure that others will give him all the advice and encouragement he may need if he asks for it - he doesn't have to attend any heelmeets, but he might well enjoy meeting or corresponding with some individual like-minded members. And we shall be interested to share his views and experiences too.

I am NOT sure about coming to the next "heel meet", as unfortunately there are too many guys who have an "in your face" attitude about themselves, even in their choice of shoes. I am heterosexual and I also have no desire to be around guys who would be "turned on" and perhaps make passes at me (even in their mind) because of the shoes I wear.

I think you have got the wrong idea about meetings. I've been to more than 30 meets in the UK and it's never been anything more than beer, chat, and shopping. 90% of the guys are het, and those that may be gay, just like any gathering, know it's not the place to start making passes. Just as if you went to any other meeting of friends.

I can't speak for the meetings in the US, but I have met many people from the US at UK heel meets and they are exactly the same as the UK guys on this issue. It's probably better to judge from experience rather than make assumptions.

"I am NOT sure about coming to the next "heel meet", as unfortunately there are too many guys who have an "in your face" attitude about themselves, even in their choice of shoes. I am heterosexual and I also have no desire to be around guys who would be "turned on" and perhaps make passes at me (even in their mind) because of the shoes I wear."

Frodo220, where did you get this idea from?

I got the idea from reading many people's posts here, where it is clear that many wear heels to shock or manipulate a response from those who might be annoyed or "turned on" by it, and manipulation in both cases is WRONG. 3 or 4" heels to add height and worn subtly so the casual observer will not notice is much more reasonable but above that 5+ inches seems more designed to be "in your face" and "demand a response".

For example, those who post pictures, to illicit responses of "praise" of how good they look seems more designed to "turn another on", than really to be edifying. I am more impressed by people who would just wear clothes that they want to, subtly so that no one is forced to be "annoyed", "turned on" or think the guy is weird. Because when I am walking down the street I would hope that normal people won't care what shoes I wear, so will not be bothered by subtlety.

I think you have got the wrong idea about meetings. I've been to more than 30 meets in the UK and it's never been anything more than beer, chat, and shopping. 90% of the guys are het, and those that may be gay, just like any gathering, know it's not the place to start making passes. Just as if you went to any other meeting of friends.

I can't speak for the meetings in the US, but I have met many people from the US at UK heel meets and they are exactly the same as the UK guys on this issue. It's probably better to judge from experience rather than make assumptions.

No, one of the ideas I got of the meetings was a video of a whole bunch of guys walking through a mall, all wearing heels, essentially forcing shoppers to notice and manipulate some sort of response in them (even unspoken). Guys or girls wearing things as a group to manipulate others to respond is WRONG. And more a sign of anger at the world, and people in general than being edifying or even "unique".

After reading all the above (and Frodo's post of 17 Jan in particular), it seems to me that Frodo has been given rather a hard time here. He is a newcomer to this board, somewhat uncertain as to the preferences of those who frequent it and (it seems) both a little confused as to his own true feelings and wary of what to wear himself, at least in public. I have little doubt that almost all of us (me included) have shared those characteristics at some time, and certainly when we were ourselves newbies, either here or in the world of heels in general!

Perhaps Frodo has expressed himself rather more bluntly than he really intended; I'm sure he meant no general indictment of other members or their particular tastes. My best advice to him is to stick around, read what others say right across the board and then decide whether he is comfortable or not. I'm sure that others will give him all the advice and encouragement he may need if he asks for it - he doesn't have to attend any heelmeets, but he might well enjoy meeting or corresponding with some individual like-minded members. And we shall be interested to share his views and experiences too.

No, I meant to be blunt. I have Aspergers, and bluntness is part of the syndrome. My problem is that there are always a few who are doing this to be "in your face" or "manipulate" others to agree with them, that their chosen "lifestyle" is okay. And many here compliment a guy who posts pictures of himself in heels or "heels and a skirt" as if they are turned on by it, and so feed a need of some to be "pretty" or "look good".

There are guys who like to do it, and are subtle about it, wearing heels for height and/or comfort with nonspecific reasons they like to wear them, and them wearing them in public is more for themselves recognizing that most people will never notice their subtle use of heels under jeans or trousers. These guys do not ask for or demand a response from a possible one who notices, other than mild curiosity.

I have Aspergers, and bluntness is part of the syndrome.

I knew it! I knew there was some sort of malady afoot. I can spot it every time......;-) Only I would have diagnosed the patient as having severe case of "Optical-Rectical Loses......" In case you aren't familiar with that condition, a simple explanation is that it occurs when a persons eye muscles become entwined and crossed with the muscles that control the lower or posterior opening of the alimentary canal which, in turn, gives the patient a shitty outlook on life. :w00t2::penitent::grin::jap:

A little humor there, frodo220.....no offense is intended except that you really need to lighten up a bit. While everyone is entitled to express their opinion, there's no reason to dump on those members that you aren't in tune with, is there?

After all, we are a real friendly bunch and some are more appreciative of alternative lifestyles than others. There is a spirit of live and let live in this forum. And, if you aren't in agreement with that spirit, then by all means, you're free to travel onward.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

A little humor there, frodo220.....no offense is intended except that you really need to lighten up a bit. While everyone is entitled to express their opinion, there's no reason to dump on those members that you aren't in tune with, is there?

After all, we are a real friendly bunch and some are more appreciative of alternative lifestyles than others. There is a spirit of live and let live in this forum. And, if you aren't in agreement with that spirit, then by all means, you're free to travel onward.

Only a fool will psychoanalyze strangers. Aspergers is not a malady or character flaw.

And only a fool would come into a new forum -- a total stranger and act the way you have.

I guess it takes one to know one. As the saying goes "only a fool says there is no God", and one shows how foolish they are by how they act in real life.

You act like I give a hoot about what you think?? I really do not. You are the one who took my messages personally, "if the shoe fits" I guess. I have merely been presenting my opinions as to what I really believe. You can take them or leave them, but taking them personally shows me and everyone else how childish you are being.

I find anyone obnoxious who rub themselves in other people's faces forcing them to pay attention. No one is required to read my messages or even respond to them.

It is quite clear you "protesteth too much". ;-) double grin

oh boy, here we go again... <ADMIN MODE> Both of you, pack it in. Bubba, you should know not to "encourage" this kind of argument and Froddo, you have been here less than 1 month, so either you chill out and enjoy the website as everybody else does, or clear off. I dont give a rats ass for any "but he started it " either... It ends now with NO further arguments guys. This is a "welcome" thread, so how about being a bit more welcoming guys. </ADMIN MODE> ;-)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

No, one of the ideas I got of the meetings was a video of a whole bunch of guys walking through a mall, all wearing heels, essentially forcing shoppers to notice and manipulate some sort of response in them (even unspoken). Guys or girls wearing things as a group to manipulate others to respond is WRONG. And more a sign of anger at the world, and people in general than being edifying or even "unique".

Yes you are probably right in that if it is overdone, but there's a fine line between manipulation and freedom of expression. For example some women wear sexy clothing either individually or in groups and freely admit to doing it to manipulate men; and the men themselves want to be manipulated. While other women around may disapprove or feel offended. But you can't please all the people...

Just as some people like to go into the big city to see different styles of fashion. I've often been to London with friends and seen some outrageous clothing on some guys or girls and we have a smile and say "Well you'd only see that in London!" I wouldn't personally view girls on a night out wearing very low necklines or Goths with purple hair as a sign of their anger. Just their means of expression at that particular moment.

Anyway back to meetings, they vary, but most of them are groups of 2, 3 or 4. Very low key affairs, have a beer, chat, and a look at the shops. Being overly ostentatious or making passes is the last thing on anyone's mind to be honest. Well, it's usually the last thing on my mind... and I'm sure I can speak for many of the other too ;-)

Hmmm. I tried to support you yesterday, frodo, because I thought you had been treated rather harshly. As Tech has said, this is a 'welcome' thread. I don't know what to make of your rather disjointed response to my last, and to those postings of others (even allowing for your condition) but grateful you ain't. Perhaps the original responses to your rather confused outpourings were more appropriate than I thought at the time. I suggest you think very carefully about your future here; your exchanges with Bubba aside, you are clearly uncomfortable and I fear that you will remain so. I hope, however, that I am wrong; if so, no doubt you will tell me in no uncertain terms.

I'm sure it's all a storm in a teacup. It's easy to misunderstand each other on text, and Frodo is very welcome of course. And true, the heel meets aren't for everybody, but anyone who hasn't been I'd urge them to try at least once or twice, just to see for themselves ;-)