Greetings from North Carolina

Yes you are probably right in that if it is overdone, but there's a fine line between manipulation and freedom of expression. For example some women wear sexy clothing either individually or in groups and freely admit to doing it to manipulate men; and the men themselves want to be manipulated. While other women around may disapprove or feel offended. But you can't please all the people...

Just as some people like to go into the big city to see different styles of fashion. I've often been to London with friends and seen some outrageous clothing on some guys or girls and we have a smile and say "Well you'd only see that in London!" I wouldn't personally view girls on a night out wearing very low necklines or Goths with purple hair as a sign of their anger. Just their means of expression at that particular moment.

Anyway back to meetings, they vary, but most of them are groups of 2, 3 or 4. Very low key affairs, have a beer, chat, and a look at the shops. Being overly ostentatious or making passes is the last thing on anyone's mind to be honest. Well, it's usually the last thing on my mind... and I'm sure I can speak for many of the other too ;-)

I don't have a problem with your position on this. But, I find it strange when guys want to talk about shoes, or shopping for them so much, to the exclusion of more important things in life.

I have a life outside of this very small aspect of my interests, and I hope and wish that most of the others here lighten up a little, and get a life apart from making it a fetish.

Hmmm. I tried to support you yesterday, frodo, because I thought you had been treated rather harshly. As Tech has said, this is a 'welcome' thread. I don't know what to make of your rather disjointed response to my last, and to those postings of others (even allowing for your condition) but grateful you ain't.

Perhaps the original responses to your rather confused outpourings were more appropriate than I thought at the time. I suggest you think very carefully about your future here; your exchanges with Bubba aside, you are clearly uncomfortable and I fear that you will remain so. I hope, however, that I am wrong; if so, no doubt you will tell me in no uncertain terms.

Look, I don't need your support, my own words and beliefs stand by themselves for others to take seriously or set aside. But, to psychoanalyze them based on how I express myself in writing is absurd. You then assume I am uncomfortable being on this forum, don't be silly. As a matter of fact I find it sad that some people take this "interest" and it gets perverted over time into some sort of extreme fetish compulsion, and that is rather sad.

There is a saying, "one should not be mastered or enslaved by anything", but everything should be done in moderation, and even subtly, not rubbing one's choices in the faces of others who may be annoyed by that "flamboyance".

I'm sure it's all a storm in a teacup. It's easy to misunderstand each other on text, and Frodo is very welcome of course. And true, the heel meets aren't for everybody, but anyone who hasn't been I'd urge them to try at least once or twice, just to see for themselves :w00t2:

Well, to meet together because of "shoes" seems a bit extreme, I would rather meet for a Chess Tournament or to watch a James Bond movie, or The Dark Knight and then talk about it afterwards. I find even shopping for stuff I don't need to be silly and a waste of time.

I guess it is kind of a waste of energy to get all revved up about shoes, to have a meeting about them. What really is the point? Cannot guys find something more important to meet together and enjoy together?

I don't have a problem with your position on this. But, I find it strange when guys want to talk about shoes, or shopping for them so much, to the exclusion of more important things in life.

I'm not going too far out on a limb when I say that virtually all of our members have interests outside of shoes. We have model railroaders here, computer geeks, photographers, mechanics, diesel engine enthusiasts, steam engine enthusiasts, sewing machine collectors, ham radio operators, musicians, artists, woodworkers and welders here -- along with a great many more widely varied interests.

I have a life outside of this very small aspect of my interests

. . . as do the rest of us.

, and I hope and wish that most of the others here lighten up a little, and get a life apart from making it a fetish.

You must realize that this is the place we come to talk about our shoes. So the site itself does come across as being rather tightly focused -- that is by intention. This is where we gather to discuss this small aspect of all of our interests.

You wouldn't expect to go to a Consumer Electronics exposition and get involved in a discussion about wildlife, would you? You wouldn't expect to hear a lot of discussion about geology at the Detroit Auto Show, would you?

This is the High Heel Place. The name pretty much says it all.

Have a happy time!

I guess it is kind of a waste of energy to get all revved up about shoes, to have a meeting about them. What really is the point? Cannot guys find something more important to meet together and enjoy together?

Well, what is important depends on the individuals. I guess that one of most popular things for guys to do in the UK is to meet and enjoy a football match. Some people are so keen on the game that it becomes like a tribal religion for them. They live, breathe and sleep football. Football wouldn't normally be thought of as a fetish, but that's exactly what it is for many.

And the same could be said of Chess, watching movies, television, visiting family, politics, religion, career, or shoes. After all what exactly is important in life? Anything could become important, but if it becomes irrationally important, often to the exclusion of other things then it becomes a fetish.

Look, I don't need your support, my own words and beliefs stand by themselves for others to take seriously or set aside. But, to psychoanalyze them based on how I express myself in writing is absurd. You then assume I am uncomfortable being on this forum, don't be silly. As a matter of fact I find it sad that some people take this "interest" and it gets perverted over time into some sort of extreme fetish compulsion, and that is rather sad.

There is a saying, "one should not be mastered or enslaved by anything", but everything should be done in moderation, and even subtly, not rubbing one's choices in the faces of others who may be annoyed by that "flamboyance".

Frodo, I for one am overjoyed that you are comfortable here amongst us. LOL

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Look, I don't need your support, my own words and beliefs stand by themselves for others to take seriously or set aside. But, to psychoanalyze them based on how I express myself in writing is absurd. You then assume I am uncomfortable being on this forum, don't be silly.

I don't attempt to psychoanalyse you, matey, but maybe some professional help of that sort would help you. Your discomfort with many things is obvious; I'm glad to hear that being on this board is not one of them.

But this forum exists, by definition, on the basis of written communication and the manner in which you 'express yourself in writing' (or fail to) is the only yardstick we have. I for one have some difficulty in understanding your thoughts as expressed here - and I guess I'm not alone in that. I thought you were being given a hard time at the beginning and that made me feel uncomfortable, hence my intervention. You say you don't need my support - fair enough; consider it withdrawn. And I doubt you will get much from others here if all you want to do is to to tell us what you believe in and why it troubles you, yet spurn any advice or dissenting views.

There is nothing more I can say to you - apart from 'good luck'.

I don't attempt to psychoanalyse you, matey, but maybe some professional help of that sort would help you. Your discomfort with many things is obvious; I'm glad to hear that being on this board is not one of them.

But this forum exists, by definition, on the basis of written communication and the manner in which you 'express yourself in writing' (or fail to) is the only yardstick we have. I for one have some difficulty in understanding your thoughts as expressed here - and I guess I'm not alone in that. I thought you were being given a hard time at the beginning and that made me feel uncomfortable, hence my intervention. You say you don't need my support - fair enough; consider it withdrawn. And I doubt you will get much from others here if all you want to do is to to tell us what you believe in and why it troubles you, yet spurn any advice or dissenting views.

There is nothing more I can say to you - apart from 'good luck'.

Good grief. You and some others throw pejoratives around psychoanalyzing people and saying I need professional help. How would you know? All you know about me is how I express myself in writing. I have made it clear I am comfortable on this forum, you essentially say I am lying and that it is evident to you I am not comfortable.

I have not said anyone here needs professional help or pointed out someone's discomfort (how would I know for sure?). Your arrogance in assuming someone is how they write, is laughable and childish, or that you have some sort of discernment about someone else's way of living their life outside of your view. LOL

What I have found in life is all those who go out of their way to claim or show I am "broken" with personal attacks or unasked for advice to me personally, are in worse shape than I could ever be.

How about removing the logs from your own eyes, before you look for the specks in other people's eyes? A famous person said that once. You are NOT my judge or anyone else's here, it is likely you are more a eunuch pretending to be someone you are not.

I find it very funny when someone exposes their own hypocrisy to this extent, and Bubba agrees with you. Very funny.

Frodo: Calm down, re-read what I have endeavoured to say to you (which was put together carefully and constructively) and you might see that your accusations are unfounded. I repeat from my last: 'Your discomfort with many things is obvious; I'm glad to hear that being on this board is not one of them.' And you responded: 'I have made it clear I am comfortable on this forum, you essentially say I am lying and that it is evident to you I am not comfortable.'

I could say a lot more but it clearly falls on stony ground. I now give up; I trust that you will now grow up.

Frodo: Calm down, re-read what I have endeavoured to say to you (which was put together carefully and constructively) and you might see that your accusations are unfounded. I repeat from my last: 'Your discomfort with many things is obvious; I'm glad to hear that being on this board is not one of them.' And you responded: 'I have made it clear I am comfortable on this forum, you essentially say I am lying and that it is evident to you I am not comfortable.'

I could say a lot more but it clearly falls on stony ground. I now give up; I trust that you will now grow up.

Well, you sound like girls that yelled at me in High School who called me "immature". Have you not gotten the message that I do not give a hoot what you think? You do NOT know me, and so you have no justification to describe my comfort level anywhere.

It sounds more like that my words make you uncomfortable, and you are projecting your problems on me. What a waste of effort. I realize now it is worthless to argue with a fool, I will become like him. Or wrestle with a tarbaby, or get in a pissing contest with a skunk. Which are you? I will let you decide for yourself. I am done with this thread.