Hoop earrings on men?

radiodave

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, I'm wearing one large hoop in my back hole (about 2-2 1/2"), and nice dangly in the middle that sits perfectly in front of the hoop, and then a stud in the bottom. Nice arrangement I think. :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Right now, I'm wearing one large hoop in my back hole (about 2-2 1/2"), and nice dangly in the middle that sits perfectly in front of the hoop, and then a stud in the bottom. Nice arrangement I think. :-)

So you have 3 holes on each ear ? It took me quite some time to decide to only have one !

Your 3 earings arrangment seems very nice. Would not mind to see a picture of it :-)

I have the next 3 days off, so I'll do my best to get one snapped for you! :-) I damaged my bottom one a long time ago by wearing too-heavy earrings, so now I don't wear much in that one aside from a stud or small hoop - at least until I can afford otoplasty (ear plastic surgery) to get it corrected.

• 2 months later...

Got both ears pierced in December. I have wanted to get them pierced ever since 8th grade (~1966), but refrained until now, because the only types of earings that ever appealed to me were girly dangly ones with "french loops", and thin wire hoops. I finally said to myself "What the hell--I'm not getting any younger--and if the people I know don't like it--that's their problem!." I wear blue topaz studs to work, and whatever I feel like when and/or where I darn well please. I don't have a "girl mode", I still don't have any use for dresses or skirts, and I still wear mostly girls' shirts and hip-hugger pants--at work as well.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Got both ears pierced in December...and if the people I know don't like it--that's their problem!." ...and whatever I feel like when and/or where I darn well please...

Greatings azraelle :-)

As you can see, it is never to late to do what you want. I did the same too !

There are so many nice styles out there so be careful, you may want to buy them all !

ive had my ears pierced for the last 14 years or so, the last pair of earrings i bought i bought froma body piercer friend of mine outside of nashville tn. they are 10ga 3/4 inch diameter titanium, and as far as im concerned, the last pair of earrings i'll ever buy for myself!

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

Every so often the last past few years, Mickey has suggested that I should get my ears pierced. I keep putting her off by saying that I think that I am too old to have this done now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i decided to try wearing earrings but before i do that, i want to try on clip ons.

How do I know if the earrings are clip ons?

If you don't need a hole in your ear lobe to hold the earing in place then it is a clip on...

I would say go with real earings and don't bother with clip ons. (Clip ons are not comfortable)

You will get more models and styles to choose from with real ones...

how are clip ons not comfortable?

You will feel a constant pressure on your ear lobe caused by the clip. It is very annoying.

But if you prefer not to have your ears pierced for now, then it is the easiest way to try.

I would say go with real earings and don't bother with clip ons. (Clip ons are not comfortable)

You will get more models and styles to choose from with real ones...

I have to agree on this point. You can get your ears pierced and if you don't like it after a while, you can always remove the earrings and the holes will close up. That was how I was thinking when I had my ears pierced.

Once I was wearing earrings though, I got used to them pretty quickly and liked the look.

That being said, just go with what you are most comfortable with. If you want to be daring, then go for it!;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Of course, why not. I have worn earring on and off for about 15 years. And I have 3 holes in both my ears. I use different cobinations, sometimes 3 studs in each ear, sometimes 2 studs and a hoop. Other times only the hoops. And I even use danling earrings sometime with our without studs. :cry1:

Best regards, Stefan

• 1 month later...

I just got some awesome earrings today that I think of as hoops, although at the top is a french hook - it's basically 3 wire hoops that interlock with each other in a chain - looks like 3 gold records. Very 80's, and I love 'em! I'll have to post a pic as soon as I get home.

I must say, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of piercing my ears. My brother in law has both ears pierced, and wears small hoops. The more I see guys wearing hoops or studs it seems more and more commonplace, and I like the look. The other day I went as far as (don't laugh) gluing two air rifle BBs to my lobes to appear as small round studs. Not a bad look, actually. I'm in a stage production right now so I would have to wait until it's over so my character doesn't have them. Our assistant director has his ears pierced and maybe that's what really got me thinking about it again. Now I guess the only unknowns are what family, friends, and colleagues will think. :blinkbigeyes: Strangely, I guess I'm not as concerned about future girlfriends. Maybe if future girlfriend is cool with pierced ears there's a better chance she'd be cool with all those unusual shoes in my closet. :pulsingheart:

I must say, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of piercing my ears... Now I guess the only unknowns are what family, friends, and colleagues will think. :blinkbigeyes:

Greetings radiodave :-)

If you like it then go for it !

I am wearing studs and small hoops in both ears and I only get positive comments.

What the others will think ? In my opinion, not much...

For the "unusual shoes" in your closet, this is another story...:pulsingheart:

Greetings radiodave :-)

If you like it then go for it !

I am wearing studs and small hoops in both ears and I only get positive comments.

What the others will think ? In my opinion, not much...

For the "unusual shoes" in your closet, this is another story...:blinkbigeyes:

I have to agree with Daniel and say go for it! I was lucky in finding a lady that thought my wearing hoop earrings made me look cute.:pulsingheart:

Like I said before, I've never regretted getting my ears pierced.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...