Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Somebody deserves an award for best dressed.

Wow an Award!  Thanks!

I can't argue with that. Personally I prefer the look with the bag, it just seems more complete.

I prefer it with the bag too.  I was just trying to show the outfit on its own as well.

Bravo, Mr. X! BRAVO! That was a fantastic outfit you wore! Everything worked very well and you looked sharp.

thanks for the kind words.  Means alot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Todays outing was inspired by an online ad.  I had been trolling the local online classifieds when I saw an ad for a pair of boots.  They were listed at $25.  Well within my budget!  After echanging a few texts and emails I decided to go check them out.  I was told they were only worn once!  Now I was really interested!  This was the first time I was going to possibly purchase shoe or boots this way.  Since I was going to check out some boots I figured I would make an outing out of it.  You never know how people will react to a man showing up to purchase and try on the boots you have for sale LOL.  So I figured if I showed up in boots it might help.  Not that I expected there to be a problem anyhow.  I put an outfit together and I was off.

I got there and the whole process took about 5 minutes.  The lady answered the door and we exchanged some small talk for a few minutes.  Everything went very smooth.  And nothing out of the ordinary happened regardless of how I was dressed.  I tried on the boots for fit.  They fit well!  I paid the $25 and I was off.  I contiued my outing with a bit of window shopping before heading home.  Even a short outing can be enjoyable, which is how I felt today.  Now here is a break down of my outfit and the boots.

My outfit

1) Aldo tan color boots with 3 1/2" chuncky heel

2) black leggings

3) black and white horizontal striped shirt

4) grey military style jacket

5) tan cross body bag

The boots I purchased are greyish brown suede looking slouchy style boots.  They would be tyclassified as thigh high I guess.  They hit right above the knee though.  The brand is fahrenheiht.  From doing research they are an affordable man made materials company.  Most of their products run around $40 to $60.  The heel is 5 inches tall and there is a 1 inch platform attached to the bottom.  Now for some pics.

The first one is my outfit.  And the next 2 are the boots I purchaed themselves and me wearing them.  Enjoy!  Comments and suggestions always welcome.

post-1352-0-38452000-1415220439_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-60983200-1415220524_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-43728600-1415220536_thumb.jp

Congratulations on a great find!  The boots look great (both the old ones and the new ones).  It sounds like you had fun.

The new boots would look great with the outfit you were wearing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I like the outfit, but I'm not a big fan of the boots you wore with it. They seem a bit too big in the calf. The other boots would be a much better choice IMO.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congratulations on a great find!  The new boots would look great with the outfit you were wearing.

Thanks!  I was thinking the exact same thing.  In fact I even wore them right out of the house after buying them.  My next outfit will probably be exactly that.  Except I will probably change up the bag.  Not sure how the tan bag will work on its own.

I like the outfit, but I'm not a big fan of the boots you wore with it. They seem a bit too big in the calf. The other boots would be a much better choice IMO.

It's funny you mentioned about the calf room.  There is definitely some extra room in the shaft of those boots

Thanks!  I was thinking the exact same thing.  In fact I even wore them right out of the house after buying them.  My next outfit will probably be exactly that.  Except I will probably change up the bag.  Not sure how the tan bag will work on its own.

It's funny you mentioned about the calf room.  There is definitely some extra room in the shaft of those boots

On the plus side it looks like you have quite slender legs, which opens up all sorts of possibilities like mid-calf boots (that make my legs look like chicken drumsticks, but I'm sure would work much better for you). I agree the tan bag on its own might look a bit odd, black would be a safe bet, or if you want to brighten things up a bit maybe a red bag with a red turtleneck under the coat?

If you like it, wear it.

Cool outfit there, Mr. X! I thought your gray boots look absolutely terrific and makes your outfit really pop! Well done, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 6 months later...

I just realized that it has been months since my last significant outing.  I have been heeling since, but nothing noteworthy.  So with a day off and warmer temperatures I decided to change that.  As I went through my clothes I noticed a pair of mint green skinny jeans I recently purchased.  I knew my outfit would be based aroun them.  I searched online and through my clothes for something to pair them with.  I finally decided on an outfit, and off I went!  Maybe it was the color of the jeans, or the outfit as a hole, but I definitely felt like I was pushing the envelope a little more than usual.  And I felt some nerves like I did in the early days of my heeling.

The first part of my day was spent running some errands that needed to be done.  Once that was done I spent the rest of my outing window shopping. Every stop I made I defintely took a little longer to get out of the car and walk in to places than I have on past outings.  But as the day wore on it went away.  And I ended up having one of my more favorite outings in a while.

I stopped in at the local mall.  I had to make a stop at Aldo.  I usually go there on an outing.  The sales girl greeted me with a hello.  I noticed she had on a pair of heels.  They were a fairly low heel, and not my personal cup of tea, but they were heels none the less.  It was nice to see.  You don't see that much around here.  While I browsed the sales girl went back the the other customer that was in the store.  A younger blonde women and her young daughter where there.  I came to find out that the mother was trying on shoes for an upcoming wedding.  She was not bad to look at If I do say so.  She was either going to or coming from the gym.  She had on some short spandex shorts and her legs were tanned.  Combine that with the heels she was tring on, wow!  I also noticed she was trying on the exact heels that I had my eye on for some time.  They are still a tad pricey for me though.  I am hoping they go on sale at some point and they still have my size left when they do.  And if I do eventually buy them I can only hope that I look half as good as that young mother did wearing them.  I wanted to compliment her and tell her that those shoes look great on her but I never got the chance.  I left empty handed but I wasn't disappointed at all.

My next stop was a local thrift store that i usually frequent on an outing  I tred on several things while I was there but nothing fit or looked good so I purchased nothing.  While I was there I had an interesting interaction.  I was browsing a shoe rack and a younger women was doing the same not far away from me.  Again she was a "looker" for sure.  After a few minutes she passes by me and says "those are cute shoes you are wearing".  I smiled and thanked her.  I don't weat these shoes as much as some of my others.  But I seem to get complimented in them almost every time I do.  I may have to start wearing them more often.  I figured that was a good time to exit the store.  I was planning on ending my outing around then.  But I was on a such a high I decided to extend my outing a little.

It was just after lunch and I was getting hungry so I went to the nearby Wendy's.  The place was fairly packed around this time.  It usually is.  I ordered the strawberry fields chicken salad.  It is delicious, and back for a limited time.  I suggest you try it!  I ate and left satisfied.  After visiting one more store i decided to call it a day.

It as definitely one of my more enjoyable outing in a while, and the visuals and compliments i received were an added bonus.  Now on to the outfit and pics.

The outfit
1) beige tshirt
2) mint green skinny jeans(Mossimo Supply Co)
3) brown wedge sandals(Aldo)
4) light brown small cross body bag

Here is a pic of the outfit as well as the shoes.  Comments and suggestions welcome.  I am also including a link to the Aldo shoes I have my eye on that the women was trying on in store.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca/en/women/sandals/high-heels/c/122/PAULES/p/37666121-82#

post-1352-0-14897800-1432768467_thumb.jp

post-1352-0-39526300-1432768488_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Nice look, Mr. X. The color of your skinny jeans, adds a nice splash of color to your ensemble. Your bag, matches the color of your wedge heel sandals. Nice choices. That's a look, I would definitely wear too.

Thanks for the post and the pics. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 3 weeks later...

Mr X looks amazing in those boots and jeans.  The brown boots fit perfectly over those jeans and are great for any occasion.  Your tall slender build is made for nice tall boots and jeans, I'm sure most folks notice how great you look.

Thanks for all the encouragement, I wish I had your confidence!

• 2 months later...

I realized its been awhile since I reported anything.  I've been out but nothing major.  Tonight was the same but I'm posting anyhow.

I threw together my outfit fairly quickly and it actually turned out quite good!  Once ready, I grabbed my laptop, and proceeded to drive to one of the local coffee/internet places.  I proceeded to spend the next hour or two taking advantage of the free wifi surfing the web.  Actually it cost me a $4 hot chocolate, but who's counting!  No one gave me so much as the time of day.  I spent the whole time very comfortable and confident in what I was wearing.  Once I was all surfed out I packed up my stuff and headed home.  As I said, short but sweet.  But none less enjoyable than any of my other outings.

My outfit

1) black and white stripped shirt

2) black jacket

3) black leggings

4) greyish slouchy boots

post-1352-0-23710100-1440554596_thumb.jp

Mr X,     That is a very well though-out ensemble and I can see that it was well-received. That colour of green reminds me of mint ice cream which I adore indeed. Don't have any jeans that colour but do have a dress that has lots of that colour in the pattern.  Well done!!  HappyinHeels

• 1 month later...

Little while since I posted anything.  I do lots of small outings but nothing postworthy.  Today I decided to go and get some free wifi time at one of the local internet cafes.  With colder temps and Winter fast approaching, I decide a nice fall outfit was the order of the day.  I love fall becuase it is also boot season!  I love my shoes as well.  But I find it much easier to put together boot outfits.  And I feel much more comfortable in them!  Plus, boots seem to be the norm around here in fall amongst the women.  So not only do I fit in, but I get lots of visual inspiration and ideas for my outfits as well!  So here it is!

outfit

1. black "diba" knee boots with 4 1/2" heel
  2. black leggings
  3. white and black striped shirt
  4. grey overlapping button down jacket

001 (244x480).jpg

• Like 3

Hey there, Mr. X! Welcome back! I love your latest ensemble! Very nice indeed, especially the boots! Mondo sharp! And the jacket is cool too! Well done, my friend!

Went out for another quick outing tonight.  I basically wore the exact same outfit as my last outing.  The only difference is that I changed up the boots.

outfit

1. Dollhouse brand ankle boots in two tone choclate brown with buckles and near 5 inch heel
  2. black leggings
  3. white and black striped shirt
  4. grey overlapping button down jacket

003 (252x480).jpg

Edited by Mr. X

• 5 months later...

it's been awhile but I am back!  I have still been going on outings but I am doing it more frequently now.  And most of my outings are on a small scale in terms of time and venues.  Usually my outings lately have been going somewhere to surf the web on my laptop or something of the like.  Nothing major or time consuming.  Usually just an hour or 2 for most of my outings.  That is why I haven't felt the need to post every one of my outings.  But I will still be posting when I feel it is warranted.  Now back to the outing.

I felt like wasting some time on the internet tonight.  So I put together an outfit and headed out.  Went to a local coffee shop and ordered me something to drink while I proceeded to kill an hour or 2 surfing the web, checking emails and the like.

My outings are becoming so normal now that I rarely at any point feel nervous anymore.  Not while getting ready, leaving my place, or especially out in public.  I think that is in part due to the fact that my outfits, while out of the norm, are not so extreme that everyone will stop and stare.  A bag or whatever shoes or boots I am wearing is probably the most extreme part of my outfits.  The only thing I am nervous about these day is running in to family, friends, or anyone else I know while out and about.  I am only "out" as they to strangers.  But I will cross that bridge later.  I am enjoying my outings alot in the meantime.  Plus I am getting ready alot faster than before.  I am able to put toether outfits much quicker than before.  Here is what I wore tonight.

1) black short length motorcycle style jacket
2) black t shirt
3) white bootcut flare pants
4) aldo ankle boots
5) red Sienna Ricchi handbag

Here is a picture of me, and 1 of the bag.  Enjoy!

001 (203x480).jpg

sienna-ricchi-purse-shoulder-bag-red-1828460.jpg

• Like 2

Hey there, Mr. X! Glad to see you out and about! But, white BEFORE Memorial Day? Scandalous! Positively scandalous!  :giggle:

16 hours ago, JeffB said:

Hey there, Mr. X! Glad to see you out and about! But, white BEFORE Memorial Day? Scandalous! Positively scandalous!  :giggle:

I'm a rebel man Lol  That would probably explain the motorcycle jacket.  But honestly, I never new there was a set in stone rule about white.  But I geuss that makes me the bad boy!  I've never been the bad boy Lol

9 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Looking great buddy!

Thanks

8 hours ago, Rick24 said:

Im sure you get, alot of women, smiling at you, even some will wink at you, 

Smiling? Probably!  Winking?  Who knows?  I'm not really on the lookout for stuff like that when I go out.  I'm more interested in compliments and verbal interaction, which I don't seem to get enough of.