Mr. X's travels

Mr. X

Taking a cue from some of the others here I have decided to start a thread to document all of my journeys in heels. So here goes. Today I had some errands to run so I decide to wear my heeled boots which is so normal now I don't even have to think about it. But I wanted to push the envelope a little further today. I had recently purchased a pair of womens dress pants and a nice ladies long sleeve dress top which I thought would look good paired with my heels. And I was right(pics to follow). The only thing out of place was my coat which was plain and unstylish. It did not match the rest of the outfit at all. That was one of the things I was looking for today on my journeys. I really like the look of some of the womens leather/faux leather coats. The kind that hit just between the hips and knees in terms of length and usually have a belted waist of some kind. I hit up one of the local thrift shops and found what I wanted. It fit me well. It was missing a button but for $7 I didn't care. And I can probably get one put on for cheap anyhow. I was a little more nervous out and about today as I wasn't just wearing my heels which I usually just wear with jeans. But I must say the day went off without a hitch. Anyhow, here are some pics of my new coat and the outfit I wore. The first picture is sorta the kind of coat I was looking for. The second picture is me with my outfit on as well as the coat. And the third pic is of the outfit minus the coat so you can see what the ladies top looks like. My pics are kinda dark but they were the best ones to turn out as i was in a rush to take some pics. Enjoy!

post-3002-133522870578_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522870581_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522870598_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522870649_thumb.jpg

Mr. X :-)

Very nice outfit but the most important part is missing...

What about posting a picture of your boots ?

I guess many of us would like to see them ... :winkiss:

I've posted the boots before but just in case I edited my thread to include a pic of them. I was trying to show how I wore the outfit out and about. And that meant having my pants cover the heels.

Mr. X, thanks for the thread! I love your adventures and can't wait to read more about them- now all in one place. Your outfit is great- I love the shirt and trousers, but the coat makes it. I am considering getting a similar coat for outings and after seeing how good it works for you, I now HAVE to do it! Love the heel on those boots!

Style is built from the ground up!

well today I had a day off from work and had some errands to run. First stop was my hair appointment. I brought my boots and new black coat for later but I didn't wear them right away. My hair appointment was ok. I showed him one of the pictures that I had talked about over in the general discussion forum. Although I like the cut and highlights. I was disappointed when it didn't turn out exactly like the picture. I will be posting a picture of my new cut over there. After that I decided to finish the rest of my errands wearing my new black coat and my boots which there are pictures of earlier in this thread. I must say it is getting easier everytime to the point where I don't even think about what I'm wearing anymore. And it really is a non issue with other people out and about like other have said many times over. After all my errands were done it was time for some Mr. X time. That usually means checking out some shoes. For me my stores of choice are usually Winners, or The Shoe Company for those that live in Canada. Both those stores have a decent selection of shoes up to about size 10 or 11. Their shoes are a little higher quality but still affordable. Most of their shoes range in price from about $30 to $100. Not only are the stores good for shoes but you can usually see some well dressed women and at least a few pairs of high heels or boots walking about at either store which is a bonus. Today it was Winners for me. I headed straight to the shoes. As I walked by the size 5-6 aisle I spotted a beautiful pair of hidden platform peeptoes. I instantly fell in love. But I was disappointed because they were too small a size. The prettiest shoes always seems to only come in the smaller sizes for some reason. I headed to the 9-9 1/2's and lo and behold the very same shoes. Well at that point I had to purge. I tried on a 9 1/2 and they fit good but my feet were slipping out of the back. I tried a 9 and although they were a little on the tighter side my feet stayed put. Well that was it I turned them over and saw the $50 price tag which wasn't bad so home they went with me. The shoes themselves are a grayish black peeptoe with black rhinestones/sequin detailing on the front. The heels themselves are 4 inches but there is a 3/4 inch hidden platform which makes the them a whopping 4 3/4 inches. They are part of the Jlo(Jennifer Lopez) collection and you can probably find some more pictures of them on the net Well for being so patient here are some pics of the shoes.

post-3002-133522871548_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522871551_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522871554_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522871557_thumb.jpg

post-3002-13352287156_thumb.jpg

...The heels themselves are 4 inches but there is a 3/4 inch hidden platform which makes the them a whopping 4 3/4 inches...

Sure your math is right? The effective heel height is the actual height less any platform. In this case, it's more like wearing a 3 1/4" heel (unless the real height is 4 3/4", which would gve an effective 4" height).

Sure your math is right? The effective heel height is the actual height less any platform. In this case, it's more like wearing a 3 1/4" heel (unless the real height is 4 3/4", which would gve an effective 4" height).

the heel measured 4 3/4" bottom to top

Mr. X: Pretty good, my friend. Pretty good indeed. The outfit as you described sounds like a winner to me, and it sounds like you had fun on your outings. Nice shoes too! More power to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mr. X ... Congratulations on your outings and what a beautiful pair of high heels. I love the minute platform, rounded toe, and stiletto high heels. That is quite a find. And I hope you are having fun with your heeling adventures. Keep it up and keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...

A wonderful second outing! I have only gotten my hair cut a couple of times while wearing heels and never knew why I hadn't done it earlier. Love those pumps by the way....

• 5 months later...

Well I hadn't been out for a while And I was getting the urge. It was a Saturday night and I knew just were to go. There is a club/bar here in town that is always busy Saturday nights. It is a mixed crowd but usually lots of younger people with plenty of beautiful heels and women to be seen. As tired as I was I was determined. So what to wear? usually my outings are just in boots but I had a new pair of Guess skinny jeans and my Guess stilettos. The outfit paired with a dress shirt looked great and I was this close to wearing it. Unfortunately I chickened out. So my outfit of choice was my brown boots with 3 1/2" heel, dress shirt and jeans. I have worn this outfit many times so it was no biggie. I had a good time and the whole evening was uneventful. It usually is when I wear this outfit or something similar. I can tell my confidence is a lot higher these days. In the past I would check to make sure my pants were covering my heels. Now I don't care anymore. Well Here are some pics of some of the beautiful heels I saw to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Another nice outing indeed Mr. X :-)

You took the time to take pictures of other wearing heels but what about yours ?

Would ne nice to see them as well !

I agree on the no pics deal. But by the time I got home I was so worn out I didn't think of it. Plus I have posted the same or similar outfit here in the past so I figured a refresher was not necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Another Saturday, another outing. This time as usual I went to the local club/bar that I mentioned in past outings. I brought my black boots that I have worn frequently and I also brought my black stillettos. I had every intention on wearing the stillettos. But as I opened the car door in the parking lot I kinda chickened out and went with the boots. I still don't have the same confidence level in the stillettos as I do with the boots. I can wear my boots without fail now. Inside, the place was packed by the end of the night and there was plenty of nice heels(pics to follow). Usually the night goes off without a hitch and I rarely get comments either positive or negative. I was standing by the bar towards the end of the night when a cute girl in her early 20's I presume came up to me with her Asian friend who was also a looker. They both proceeded to tell me several times that they thought my boots were "hot" even though you could barely see them under my jeans. I guess she wanted a closer look because she proceeded to raise my pant leg and inspect them a little closer. That's a first for me for sure. I told her I liked her shoes too even though I wasn't a huge fan of them. They where a pair of really low heeled peep toes in a white colour with some ruffles on them or something. After inspecting my boots we proceeded to play footsies for what seemed like 10 seconds. Then they walked away into the night never to be seen again. Shortly after that I left and went home as things were winding down. I still can't believe it but on to the pics. The first is me in the outfit I wore as I presented it. Just me with my jeans, dress shirt, and black heeled boots. The second is the same outfit but with the pant raised to expose the heel. And my second post will be all the others snaps of just some of the pretty heels I spotted. Enjoy!

post-3002-133522887227_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522887232_thumb.jpg

Mr. X, your experience on Saturday sounded pretty nice. I am convinced, even out of curiosity, there is no better way to meet interesting women in the confines of a club setting than to wear heels. Nice outfits and keep it up!

Mr. X:-) I echo what Happyfeat says and congratulate you on your club outfits. You seem to have a great time meeting girls and seeing great heels. I enjoy viewing your pics of them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Another Saturday, another outing. This time as usual I went to the local club/bar that I mentioned in past outings.

I brought my black boots that I have worn frequently and I also brought my black stillettos. I had every intention on wearing the stillettos. But as I opened the car door in the parking lot I kinda chickened out and went with the boots. I still don't have the same confidence level in the stillettos as I do with the boots. I can wear my boots without fail now.

Inside, the place was packed by the end of the night and there was plenty of nice heels(pics to follow).

Usually the night goes off without a hitch and I rarely get comments either positive or negative. I was standing by the bar towards the end of the night when a cute girl in her early 20's I presume came up to me with her Asian friend who was also a looker. They both proceeded to tell me several times that they thought my boots were "hot" even though you could barely see them under my jeans. I guess she wanted a closer look because she proceeded to raise my pant leg and inspect them a little closer. That's a first for me for sure. I told her I liked her shoes too even though I wasn't a huge fan of them. They where a pair of really low heeled peep toes in a white colour with some ruffles on them or something.

After inspecting my boots we proceeded to play footsies for what seemed like 10 seconds. Then they walked away into the night never to be seen again. Shortly after that I left and went home as things were winding down. I still can't believe it but on to the pics.

The first is me in the outfit I wore as I presented it. Just me with my jeans, dress shirt, and black heeled boots. The second is the same outfit but with the pant raised to expose the heel. And my second post will be all the others snaps of just some of the pretty heels I spotted. Enjoy!

;) Mr. X... If I did'nt know better, I would swear I was looking at pics of myself... Change the boots to something more "cowboy" and you got me...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 3 weeks later...

Well another Saturday has passed. I had to go to my favorite club/bar. Not only to get some heeling in. But also to view some magnificent heels. After being on this site I spent about 2 hrs ahead of time trying on outfits for the evening. Everything from skinny jeans and pumps, to jeans and blazers, and everything in between. I was looking to try something new. I even took a cue from some others here and tried a few articles of female clothing on to try to make an outfit. No matter what though I always seem to gravitate back to my comfort zone. Which is usually just jeans with boots underneath and some kinda dress shirt. Oh well, maybe some day. I know it will happen it is just going to take some time with me. Well the evening went off without a hitch. And I must say there was plenty of eye candy for this guy. In the past I would try everything I could to hide my heels. But after my last few outings and the positive feedback I have been receiving from women, I was trying everything I could to make sure my heels would be seen. But unfortunately I got nothing. I was standing in areas of light from time to time. I was hiking up my pants just a little bit extra. And it was all for not. But I guess no comments is better than any negative ones which so far I have received none of. Anyhow, onto the pics. The first one is my outfit of choice for the evening. Darker jeans, 3 1/2" black heeled boots, and a black short sleeved half dress half casual shirt. The second picture is just some eye candy I thought I would throw in for us, enjoy.

post-3002-133522888345_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522888347_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing your recent outing! I did like your outfit and think it is important to stay within a comfort zone. Basically, what you wear should look good and be a statement of who you are as well as reflect where you are going, but should also be comfortable. Many times when I have gone out recently, my goal has been to experiment with my look and try new things, so my outfits have reflected that. JeffB is also a great example. He wears skirts normally, but has a casual look for casual outings and his comfort allows it to work for him. If you have a desire to expand into other articles, my suggestion is to do so slowly. For example, the next time you go out you could try pumps or loafers instead of boots, but only if you wish (I know that some guys only like boots). I have discovered that fashion is an incremental process where I try a little at a time, become a bit more comfortable, then add something else to the look. Though I have gone way over the top in recent months, the look I will always prefer is jeans or trousers, a jacket, a nice shirt, and heels (of course!) Just have fun with it. An unrelated comment it your second picture of the FANTASTIC pumps and great legs you saw during your outing. It always makes me nuts to see a woman make an effort to look so nice and wind up with a guy in ratty jeans and shoes that should be only worn in a dirty locker room shower. I am not saying that all guys should wear heels, but come on...a little style wouldn't hurt anything. Thanks for the update and keep it up!

Thanks for sharing your recent outing! I did like your outfit and think it is important to stay within a comfort zone. Basically, what you wear should look good and be a statement of who you are as well as reflect where you are going, but should also be comfortable. Many times when I have gone out recently, my goal has been to experiment with my look and try new things, so my outfits have reflected that. JeffB is also a great example. He wears skirts normally, but has a casual look for casual outings and his comfort allows it to work for him.

If you have a desire to expand into other articles, my suggestion is to do so slowly. For example, the next time you go out you could try pumps or loafers instead of boots, but only if you wish (I know that some guys only like boots). I have discovered that fashion is an incremental process where I try a little at a time, become a bit more comfortable, then add something else to the look. Though I have gone way over the top in recent months, the look I will always prefer is jeans or trousers, a jacket, a nice shirt, and heels (of course!) Just have fun with it.

An unrelated comment it your second picture of the FANTASTIC pumps and great legs you saw during your outing. It always makes me nuts to see a woman make an effort to look so nice and wind up with a guy in ratty jeans and shoes that should be only worn in a dirty locker room shower. I am not saying that all guys should wear heels, but come on...a little style wouldn't hurt anything.

Thanks for the update and keep it up!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I definitely want to expand my outfits but I just can't seem to do it. I always revert back to the boots because they end up looking the most casual on me. I am a point with the boots where they feel "normal" on me now. I don't view the boots as "female" anymore even though they are. It's not that I don't want to try pumps and such. But when I look in the mirror with pumps and such I still do not see the complete "normalcy" like I do with boots. I still view them as somewhat on the "female" side.

Snip.... But when I look in the mirror with pumps and such I still do not see the complete "normalcy" like I do with boots. I still view them as somewhat on the "female" side.

and therein lies the key to it all. You look in the mirror and if you are comfortable with what you see, you win. The merest doubt that you are not comfortable with yourself and this gets picked up by others. Amazing how our subconscious picks up on the vibes put out by others.

Good job Mr X, certainly the boots have won the head game. Best you get another pair as you are likey to wear these out real fast. Remember they are not made to be durable.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?